• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
This is great, finally shows we are moving forward as a club. We actually have back up targets & not being bullied to do transfers on other clubs terms. Hopefully gone are the days of we try to sign a player & if the selling club ask too much we have no back up target & sign no one. Also prefer carrasco to Perisic hopefully this stint in China has humbled him.

2016 saw us end up with the backup plan in Lucas Perez :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That rule doesn't exist. You can't be cuptied anymore. Hence why we are after Perisic who plays in the Europa league also.

Its just odd planning. I am happy that we are not bending over to the demands of clubs, but we are still disorganised in who we are going for, which doesn't bode well for the summer when we will have a lot of work to do.
The rule is if you sign two players who have already played in Europe you can only register one of those players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

2016 saw us end up with the backup plan in Lucas Perez :lol:

Yeah I don’t like back up plan transfers, Liverpool for example have been adamant about getting their number one target and not settling.

They waited two years for van Dijk, a year for Keita and were prepared to roll with Karius for another year when it seemed Alisson wasn’t available in the summer.

Although if it’s just a loan deal I guess it’s not too big a deal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The rule is if you sign two players who have already played in Europe you can only register one of those players.

Actually, they abolished that rule. Players are no longer cup tied. Apparently they got a lot of pressure from clubs and players after Coutinho and Aubameyang were cup-tied last year, so they changed the rule last March.

CJJ

Established Member
I don't want a player who at the age of 24 moved to China for the money.

He's not going to have the attitude and mentality i would like our club to promote and because of that we should go look elsewhere.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
That rule doesn't exist. You can't be cuptied anymore. Hence why we are after Perisic who plays in the Europa league also.

Its just odd planning. I am happy that we are not bending over to the demands of clubs, but we are still disorganised in who we are going for, which doesn't bode well for the summer when we will have a lot of work to do.

I mean, I was not that keen on Perisic to be honest - at least not with any obligations to buy - but lets face it, based on our history, it would not come as too much of a surprise, if we'd face Inter in the EL and he is everywhere on the field, basically kicking us out of the cup :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't want a player who at the age of 24 moved to China for the money.

He's not going to have the attitude and mentality i would like our club to promote and because of that we should go look elsewhere.
I think he would fit in just nicely. Key players here have the same attitude, they just like London more than China.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is looking quite likely now. Would be a great window, 2 players to transform our attack.

CJJ

Established Member
Witsel does the same and felt it was big mistake now he is key player for Dortmund.
Very good point, i just think its very risky to assume this will happen for Carrasco as well. The history of people we've seen successfully moving back to the top level is very short, so i'm not sure we can take anything from that.

In fact i can only think of Witsel moving back? I could very likely be mistaken though.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom