• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

They’ve got until the end of February to sign a replacement so that might not be too much of a hindrance to any potential deal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd happily take Carrasco. Think he will have a lot left in the tank after a long summer in China.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Loan plus 25-30M option to buy will be decent deal for us. Yifang bought him for 30m euros

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would be huge disappointed if we only got Suarez. Unai been saying he want WF whole month the club would let him down if they don't get carrasco

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The problem is, that now we are basically going to have to do a deadline day deal for whoever we get. Why was he not our first option? Who was our first option? Perisic? We didn't get linked to him till recently. It seemed like Suarez was the wide option, and then Nkunku and then Perisic and now Carrasco.

What the hell are we doing? It is different if we are waiting for dominos to fall to get someone like Demebele on loan. We could have tied up Carrasco in the first week of the window, because lets face it. He is a Champions League quality winger entering his peak years.

senna

This is great, finally shows we are moving forward as a club. We actually have back up targets & not being bullied to do transfers on other clubs terms. Hopefully gone are the days of we try to sign a player & if the selling club ask too much we have no back up target & sign no one. Also prefer carrasco to Perisic hopefully this stint in China has humbled him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The problem is, that now we are basically going to have to do a deadline day deal for whoever we get. Why was he not our first option? Who was our first option? Perisic? We didn't get linked to him till recently. It seemed like Suarez was the wide option, and then Nkunku and then Perisic and now Carrasco.

What the hell are we doing? It is different if we are waiting for dominos to fall to get someone like Demebele on loan. We could have tied up Carrasco in the first week of the window, because lets face it. He is a Champions League quality winger entering his peak years.
I think our hands are effectively tied by the Europa League. We've explored a lot of options but once we knew we were getting Suarez we had to look at someone who isn't going to be cup tied.

I'm not sure if Nkodu would have been cup tied but the thought could be it was Nkodu and Perisic or Suarez and Carrasco.

Either way we've took our time and appear to be getting our number one target while having several back up options of decent quality. That's a clear change.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think our hands are effectively tied by the Europa League. We've explored a lot of options but once we knew we were getting Suarez we had to look at someone who isn't going to be cup tied.

That rule doesn't exist. You can't be cuptied anymore. Hence why we are after Perisic who plays in the Europa league also.

Its just odd planning. I am happy that we are not bending over to the demands of clubs, but we are still disorganised in who we are going for, which doesn't bode well for the summer when we will have a lot of work to do.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom