• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Re: How Strong Can The Ox Be?

Re: The Ox, he's definitely convinced me that he is not just an exciting prospect, but a special talent.

musicmonkey

Established Member

redwhiteAustrian said:
Exactly, players like him are like a good wine, they get better with age.
Di Natale's what? 34? He's a superb player who is still showing improvement and some of his best form now despite his age.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Floating said:
In 2 years:

- - - - Song - - - Wilshere - - - -
Oxlade - - Ramsey - - Gervinho
- - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - -

In two years I'd hope that Coquelin is more than pushing Song for a start, another super talent imo. I'd hope Arteta would be good enough to continue starting too, keep some experience amongst all the talented youth.

error_prone

1macca1 said:
Floating said:
In 2 years:

- - - - Song - - - Wilshere - - - -
Oxlade - - Ramsey - - Gervinho
- - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - -

In two years I'd hope that Coquelin is more than pushing Song for a start, another super talent imo. I'd hope Arteta would be good enough to continue starting too, keep some experience amongst all the talented youth.
not in 2 years, this should be our squad today, in 2 years i want coq or frimpong to replace song, they are much better in defence

lee1001

Established Member

Gervinho....Jack.......OX
......Song.....Arteta....

I would say this combination excites me a great deal.

yuvken

Established Member

I hope he can play with VP a bit now. VP hopes he can play with him too. Maybe he'll bring the smile back.
Thinking of him playing on either side when we have our proper FB's (him and Santos :) ), Jack and Gervinho... ahh, a proper attacking team. I miss that so much.

How good will he be? (I take it you don't mean "strong" literally).
Some made the Rooney comparison. Type is different (to me - very different), but level is more or less it. I actually think Ox can be better. there's so much I like about him, it's unreal.

I just pray we have him and Jack for many years, and if possible our dutch magician

VancouverCanuck

I thought his most impressive attribute is he seems to be unfazed by the occasion. He actually seems to perform better in the big matches: whether it is a CL start at home against Olympiakos or a Sunday afternoon match against Man United when you know the whole world is watching.

Don't take this the wrong way, I thought he looked totally lost on at least a couple of occasions defensively, especially in the first half. But that is an area where I am sure will improve over time.

kalleTheMan

Established Member

Revelation seeing a WF with a perfect first touch again. Love the amount of touches he takes on the ball when he runs at defenders, gets defenders so confused and it sets his angles perfect most of the time, technically he's the direct opposite to Theo. Still young and learning though, expect him to be quite inconsistent.

ebouenolike

Established Member

DJ_Markstar said:
I call shenanigans!

Yep - I think he's the most promising English player I've seen in ages. Only Jack and Rooney compare in that they just instantly made playing at the top level easy.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Post match interview

Couple new compilations: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBbteUPbX3k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBbteUPbX3k</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crvnPna2ZpM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crvnPna2ZpM</a>

ebouenolike

Established Member

I can't see anything wrong with just playing him the rest of the season, in fact it would breath some life back into Arsenal.

Floating

Established Member

ebouenolike said:
DJ_Markstar said:
I call shenanigans!

Yep - I think he's the most promising English player I've seen in ages. Only Jack and Rooney compare in that they just instantly made playing at the top level easy.

And Phil Jones too, to be fair. Immense talent.

awooga83

Established Member

Biggest worry for me is, when/if he develops as his potential shows he has the capacity too what will we see of it. I worry we ruin young players by giving them so much early on that they have little motivation or desire with us. Then they either get pinched or disillusioned and we pick up the pieces. If we continue our current course I am not hopeful we will see the best of players like Ox, which is a shame.

Mastadon

Established Member

I'm going to say the Ox is the most exciting young Arsenal player I have seen since Anelka. Cesc was an immense talent but not as exciting as this young man. Wenger has held him back long enough its time to let him salvage the 2nd half of this season for us.

halfvolley

ebouenolike said:
I can't see anything wrong with just playing him the rest of the season, in fact it would breath some life back into Arsenal.

Absolutely.

He's young and we can't expect too much from him, he'll probably have his ups and downs. That is still far more than you can say of the alternatives (bar Gervinho) who only seem to have downs.

It doesn't have to mean we put too much pressure on him. He should be in the starting eleven or on the bench in every game for the rest of the season unless his performances don't measure up. Just like any other player.

How much cotton wool does he need to be wrapped in? He seems to have a right strong head on him and it's not like his fragile little mind will shatter like a dropped bone china cup all of a sudden. Stick him in the team, keep a close eye on him and offer lots of support and encouragement. Then give the lad a break if he doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure for some reason.

I don't see an issue here at all.

The Sleeper

He has the tools. But his attitude and his hunger is what makes him shine. Bit more time will tell if he really has a strong mentality like Jack etc, who rises to the challenge the harder it is, on every occasion.

His attitude/hunger is putting senior players in the same position/s to shame quite honestly. But so did Theo to some extent when he broke into the first team. He got the crowd going too, and look at him now.

I don't believe in kid gloves at this level (someone who's getting games in the Arsenal first eleven). The sooner you treat them without kid gloves, the sooner you find out who's man enough for this level, and who isn't. There are late developers yes, but let them develop at another club first or keep them in the reserves. Once they play a few games at senior level, that's it. Can't be treated like a kid anymore. Unfortunately that's what Wenger seems to have been doing all along.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His full match comp vs Man U: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoSAhSiCFEY&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoSAhSiC ... r_embedded</a>
Can't ask for much more than that performance. Just want to see more Ox!

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom