• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best and Worst - Arsenal Season 12-13

La Sagna

Established Member
Best Arsenal Goal: Santi's goal against WHU / Podolski FK against Saints
Best Arsenal Performance- We were excellent against City away
Best Arsenal Win: Showing Liverpool up at Anfield
Best Arsenal Moment: Reading Carling Cup, 4-0 down but won
Best Defender: Koscielny
Best MF: Santi
Best FW: Theo
Best Partnership Axis: Gibbs/Podolski was dynamic for some time, but Mert and Koscielny

Worst Goal Conceded: Everton away was filthy; Ramsey, Sagna AND Vermaelen all passed or failed to clear in about 10 seconds. Seething
Worst Performance/Defeat: Schalke or City at home. I missed the Blackburn game otherwise probably that. Bradford we were a bit unlucky not to score in ET
Worst Player: Arshavin, Chamakh were woeful whenever they played.
Vermaelen, Gervinho the most disappointing

Uncle Mike

Established Member
yuvken said:
DJ_Markstar said:
the Bould effect has been kicking in

The Kos effect has been kicking (in, out, above and beyond).
He'd make it in our football.

punter1.jpg

dysphoria

Established Member
Best Arsenal Goal: Podolski's goal against Monpellier

Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Either the away win against bayern or the first half against yanited at home up to the point of sagna's folly.

Best Arsenal Moment: 5-2 against Sp**s again, keeping a clean sheet at the alianz arena.

Best Defender: Kos

Best MF: Cazorla

Best Partenership Axis: Cazorla + anyone of our attackers.

Worst Goal Conceeded: 2nd goal against Sp**s, felt like we couldn't afford to lose that game.

Worst Performance/Defeat: United away, we came out terrified and the game was over after vermaelen assisted rvp early on. Also gave up on verms after that happened.

Worst Player: Santos.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Best Arsenal Goal: Arteta's vs QPR scrappy, ugly, and lucky goal. I can't believe it stood tbh

Best Arsenal Performance/Win: 5-2 Sp**s

Best Arsenal Moment: Every comeback win/draw, after the kast game

Best Defender: Per

Best MF: Cazorla/Arteta can't decide

Best Partenership Axis: Mert-Kos.

Worst Goal Conceeded: there are several from the top of my head, Grant Holt (defeat to Norwich), Michu, RvP pen

Worst Performance/Defeat: Bayern at home. They totally outplayed us

Worst Player: Santos.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Best Goal: Podolski vs. Montpellier
Best Performance: Liverpool away
Best Arsenal moment: The moment when BFG scored the first goal in 5PUR2 II. You just knew floodgates would open.
Best Defender: Per was reliable throughout the season
Best Midfielder: The little Spanish magician, but Arteta was very solid and makes a great captain.
Best Partnership: Per/Kos

Worst goal conceded: Suarez goal at Emirates
Worst Performance: Norwich away
Worst player: Gervinho. His near misses in Cup games we re horrible.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Best Arsenal Goal: Podolski against Montpellier @ Grove
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Sp**s @ Grove
Best Arsenal Moment: Sp**s @ Grove
Best Defender: Koscielny
Best MF: Cazorla
Best FW: Walcott
Best Partenership Axis: Merte-Kos

Worst Goal Conceeded: Both goals conceded @ WHL were horrible.
Worst Performance/Defeat: Bradford
Worst Player: Gervinho

ArsenalDNA

Best Arsenal Goal: Poldi vs Montpelier.
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Norwich at home. Not our best but our most important.
Best Arsenal Moment: Wilshere's goal against Swansea.
Best Defender: Gotta be Mertesacker. If Kos had played the whole season it'd be him.
Best Midfielder: Cazorla
Best Forward: Walcott

Worst Goal Conceeded: Both goals against Loserpool at home. Fckn diabolical.
Worst Performance/Defeat: Bradford/Blackburn/Norwich away.
Worst Defender: Vermaelen. Easily. Just embarrassing.
Worst Midfielder: As much as i hate to say it probably Wilshere. Needs to find where he fits in. Not effective enough at 10 and not disciplined enough next to Arteta.
Worst Forward: Gervinho

Best Arsenal Player: Cazorla. Again, if Kos had played the whole season he'd easily get it imo.
Worst Arsenal Player: Vermaelen. Hands down. I was more pissed off with him after our loss away to United than I was with Santos. Was just a nervous wreck for most of the season.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Best Goal - Santi vs West Ham or Poldi vs Montpellier (both away)
Performance/Win - Man City away, I genuinely thought we would achieve something this season after that game
Moment - Full time whistle at St James Park.
Defender - Koscielny
Midfielder - Santi (I still believe Mikel is most important though)
Forward - Walcott
Partnership - Kos + Per

Worst goal - Liverpools first probably annoyed me most.
Performance - Bradford for pure embarrassment, Munich at home was a reality check though.
Player - Santos looked way, way out of his depth.

arsmile

Established Member
I feel bad that verm/sag/even gervais are getting worst player nods when some utter dross didn't get near the pitck/got chucked out of the club

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
arsmile said:
I feel bad that verm/sag/even gervais are getting worst player nods when some utter dross didn't get near the pitck/got chucked out of the club
:lol: I'd feel bad if I judged players that didn't even play for us this season or were at other clubs!

RUS arsenal

Established Member
GG8 said:
The ox was everywhere yesterday when he came on, bursting through the middle, down the lines, tracking back making tackles and enforcing the middle. Great cperformance and did a job when called upon when it mattered most.

Actually, AOC's best spell so far for Arsenal has been when he played midfield in that little run we had after 5 p u r 2 (filtered? really?!). Remember the return leg against AC Milan? In fact, didn't Arsène say at that time that he envisioned AOC playing there long term?

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
Best Arsenal Goal: Several come to mind but an all important goal by The Boss is the best, in my view.
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Bayern Away - this proved magical in the league. No such thing as defeat in AFC dictionary from then on...!
Best Arsenal Moment: Final day of the season, when The Boss buries it in the net and the joy at those dimwits celebrating toons' fictitious equaliser - God Bless the soul responsible for this mischief.
Best Defender: The Boss and disappointing to point out that our Captain was the worst.
Best MF: Santi- absolute GEM.
Best FW: Giroud- 17 goals and 11 assists for a 'donkey' in his debut season. We must start to appreciate what we have got in our mix.
Best Partnership Axis: Santi-Giroud-Theo

Worst Goal Conceeded: Vermalen's gift to RvP
Worst Performance/Defeat: Bradford / Blackburn / Norwich

Gunner_Brody

Best Goal - Podolski Vs Montpellier
Win - Munich Away
Moment - Full time whistle at St James Park.
Defender - Per Mertesacker
Midfielder - Santi
Forward - Walcott
Partnership - Kos + Per

Worst goal - Sp**s carbon copy goal that was a repeat of there first goal annoyed me so much.
Performance - Bradford
Player - Santos

ArsenalinCH

Best Arsenal Goal: Podolski vs. Montpellier
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Bayern Munich away
Best Arsenal Moment: Winning at Newcastle
Best Defender: Kos was our best, but for the whole season I give it to Per
Best MF: Santi
Best FW: Walcott
Best Partenership Axis: ? Mert and Kos is definitely our best DF Partnership, whereas Poldi/Giroud/Walcott is our best attacking for lack of a better ST option

Worst Goal Conceded: First Liverpool goal
Worst Performance/Defeat: @ Norwich city
Worst Player: Vermaelen and I don't know how anyone else is close

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
im surprised so many people put Per as their best defender. I think he was pretty shaky much of the year and without Kos there, it REALLY showed..

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yeah, revisionism at play here. Thought Per was incredibly average for about 2/3's of the season really, as shaky as Vermaelen in patches. Even against Newcastle he was clearly a level below Koscielny and had a couple of ropey moments.

Him and Koscielny did have a good last 10 games or so - Koscielny, especially, was brilliant in that period.

ArsenalDNA

USArsenal said:
im surprised so many people put Per as their best defender. I think he was pretty shaky much of the year and without Kos there, it REALLY showed..

The same could be said about Koscielny whenever he wasn't paired with Mertesacker tbf.

GG8

Yeah, thought the same. Thats why I woted for Gibb's 8)) . Hardly put a foot wrong all season and has come on leaps and bounds. My first choice LB going into new season, and really deserves a place in the England squad.

Unfortunate to have Cashley and Baines in front of him.

and1rew

Don't really see how it's revisionist to say Mertesacker was our best defender over the course of the season. Mertesacker has the most MOTMs of our defenders, 3, spread out through the season and he was a consistent feature of our 300 odd mins unbeaten at the start. If anyone's benefitted from a late surge it's Koscielny with his fantastic performances since March, who had horror show performances against Chelsea and Man City earlier in the season. Gibbs is a decent shout though I suppose.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom