• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your best memory of the season to date.

Gooner for 60 years

Hopefully the best memory for everybody come the end of the season will be Thierry lifting 'big ears'. But which springs to mind now?

My favourite has to be the look on Paddy's face as he left the pitch after the Juve trouncing. That should be framed and hung in the dressing room!

invisibleman18

Established Member
I think this can go in Arsenal Talk.

The one that sticks out above the rest for me is Lehmann's penalty save just a few days ago. Just couldn't believe he saved it, I was going mental as I'm sure a few of you guys were too. Was the moment when for the first time I started to believe, 'we might just be on the verge of something here.'
Other notable memories include:
Henry breaking Ian Wright's record in Prague, the unbelieveble feeling and realisation at what had happened after the final whistle at the Burnabeau, same thing after the Juve game and Vieira's face as you mention, and can't forget Lauren letting Mido (think it was Mido, someone confirm which Sp*rs player please?) know what he thought of him after fouling him at White Hart Lane.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Lehmann's penalty save just a few days ago, I will never forget that as long as I live, pure class the emotional charge I had from that was unbelievable :D

machine

Henry's goal against Sp**s.

The relief/vindication after those cheating...
(1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10)
...b******ds almost spoilt the game

Not to mention it was a sublime finish from Thierry, and the extra dimension in the strength shown by Ade. Then again, any goal against them is always in with a shout for my favourite moment of the season

Aussie

Established Member
invisibleman18 Yep was Mido and agreed was funny as.

Im gonna miss Lauren hope he hangs around.

machine

I know it is not anything to do with Arsenal, or even football really, but also I remember a Chelsea v Liverpool moment, did anyone else notice this?

There was a clash of heads between Shaun Wright-Phillips and (I think) John Arne-Riise. Both went off for treatment and Riise's head was bandaged up as standard. For some reason though, the Chelsea physio decided to stop the blood coming out of Shaun WP's head with a giant dollop of Vaseline! It was utterly hilarious, me and my mates were wetting ourselves as it looking as if a giant bird had sh@ on his head!

The best was to come though. After Chelsea scored, Shaun WP joined in the celebration huddle with everyone else, and sure enough, because he's a midget, someone's hand went slap bang into the white gooey mess! The look on their face was priceless and I just wish I knew who it was - I had tears in my eyes at the time from laughing so much!

dublingunner

Established Member
For me, the thing that springs to my mind is Henry's goal against Madrid. The circumstances surrounding it, the fact that our form was awful coming into the game and nobody gave us any hope. Also the fact that we had 3 golden chances in the 1st half and hadn't taken them, I remember thinking we'd regret that. Oh how wrong I was.

And of course just because it was simply an amazing goal.

jucsitin

Seeing Bergkamp get the rousing tribute that he did when he came on on "Bergkamp Day" really warmed my heart. A fitting 20 minutes for a true legend.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
cubbz_th14 said:
god aganist Sp**s and real madrid. lehmann's save. although the best is yet to come on the 17th
I hope your right about that bro, the perfect end to a strange season. :D

TheEconomist

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
I think this can go in Arsenal Talk.

The one that sticks out above the rest for me is Lehmann's penalty save just a few days ago. Just couldn't believe he saved it, I was going mental as I'm sure a few of you guys were too. Was the moment when for the first time I started to believe, 'we might just be on the verge of something here.'
Other notable memories include:
Henry breaking Ian Wright's record in Prague, the unbelieveble feeling and realisation at what had happened after the final whistle at the Burnabeau, same thing after the Juve game and Vieira's face as you mention, and can't forget Lauren letting Mido (think it was Mido, someone confirm which Sp*rs player please?) know what he thought of him after fouling him at White Hart Lane.
lauren3qq.jpg

That one? Yeah it was Mido.

I think the best for me was Henry returning from injury against S. Prague and scoring that amazing goal with the outside of his foot. And the goal after that when he broke the record.

Seabass

Definitely Henry's goal against Madrid. To me, that goal sums up Henry so perfectly. The fact that he took such control over the game in an instant, the fact that he could have gone down under 2 or 3 challenges, but stayed on his feet... It was just pure class, and I was so proud to be an Arsenal fan at that moment.

nazo

Established Member
kav said:

Boo yaa.

The best things for me are Lehmann's save, Henry's goals against Tottenham and Real Madrid. Cesc owning Vieira. The 7-0 victory against Boro. Hopefully May 17th will be something to remember too.

johnk9uk

Pires slide tackling Vieira in the Juve match!

That Pires penalty when he tried and failed to pass it to Henry against Citeh still makes me chuckle.

HilmarSig

When Mad Jens saved the penalty against V'Real. I have NEVER been as nervous as Riquelme took the shot. And I have NEVER been as happy when he saved, well maybe when the whistle was blown at the end :D

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom