• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your conclusion of the signings made

Liberace

so its 3 signings, i doubt there'll be a 4th. Whats your assessment of the 3 signings? who's likely to make the biggest impact?

Abou Diaby - Power and strength in midfield
Adebayor - tall, powerful, good in the air striker
Theo Walcott - probably fastest player in the world

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'm pretty confident these signings will work out very well in the future, though I'll have to see more of the players to determine whether they can make an impact now.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Best - Diaby

then Walcott

then adebayor

*This is at first glance, would like to see them play first.

I chose diaby because he is what we need at this current time, no disputes!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
With these signings I don't think we will ever see a established world-class 25-27 year old signing. Wenger just doesn't stray away from his policy of youth signings. Hleb is probably the oldest signing he has doen for a couple of years.

It is okey aslong as we have some of the old guard still here. But what happens when Pires, Sol, Gilberto goes away (either retire or are being sold) should we get youngsters as backup for youngsters? Even Freddie and Lauren are close to the age-mark. Will there be enough time for the young ones to mature enough to fill there shoes, the fact that noone has filled Paddys shoes aren't so strange because he is one of a kind. We are iin the riskzone of playing people who are severly declining or talents that aren't just ready yet. And I fear that next season could be worse then this. The WC could both help get our players some spiirit back but in the same time it can break their spirit and health.

Of course it would be great to have the Chelski style of two good players at every position but I don't see us taking that route. Our route should be two good/great player for every two positions aka R/LB, CB, CM R/LM and 2 strikers and either a young talent or experienced professional as main cover.

Wenger is great with signing young prospects. ffs with all the youth tranfers me must have made a considerable profit. Just think about the fact that we got like 30m£ for Anelka, and have we signed pplayers for that amount yet?

Ratinho

Established Member
Happy.

Also happy that he's made it clear that this is his squad 'complete' for now, so we can leave all the speculation and 'OMFGWTFORLY why haven't we signed <insert plaayer we've probably never even considered here>???', till the summer.

And Theo 8)

ultimus

when campbell, pires and lehmann retired. we have ljungberg and henry as the veteran (over 30), then we have cole, lauren, hleb in their peak age. (27-30). reyes, persie and adebayor in their explosive age (23-26), and flamini, cesc, quincy, senderos, lupoli and bendtner in their experienced youth age (19-22).

we covered every age groups. there shouldnt be any worry over wenger's plan.

mungooner

awesome signings. Especially since we beat chelsea to two of them.

At long last we have something to look forward to in this season of misery.

A

Anonymous

All signings are promising, and designed for specific areas in Wenger's mind.

You can't judge them since, they haven't played in the Arsenal shirt yet.

But I'm happy Wenger signed who he thinks he needed.

Gunnergregharrison said:
Best - Diaby

then Walcott

then adebayor

*This is at first glance, would like to see them play first.

I chose diaby because he is what we need at this current time, no disputes!

i agree with that 100%,
though walcott had the biggest hype.

Sammer

Established Member
I am very happy, because from what I have seen (e.g. Abedayor, Diaby), we signed quality players - not to speak of Theo Walcott who seems to be a future superstar.

And: give those players a couple of matches to adapt, before slagging them off.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
At present I'm not so sure I expect some bumpy rides, for the future we look good. I still think we need some more experience in the side and that will hopefully happen in the summer.

Genius

Pleased with all three signings. Adebayor will provide us with the added power we've been lacking up front, while Diaby, from what I've read anyway, has all the ingredients to become a dominating presence in midfield.

And then there's Theo. :)

His purchase seems to have generated some genuine excitement amongst fans. Can't wait for his debut.

Gunner4life09

Wenger addressed area's which were of weakness or needed improvement.

Diaby - hopefully to be that agressive "take no prisoner" midfielder

Adebayor - the power forward with the heading ability we lack so much, although sendoros and gilberto did score from headers against boro but i think thats just boro's poor defence.

Theo - 16 year old henry. enough said.

qs

Established Member
Over the next 6 months I think Diaby will have the biggest impact but in the long term I think Theo will be the biggest.

famous no 10

Established Member
Excellent signings, all 3 can give us things we lack, and obviously Theo is the hottest young player in England, just need to give them all a little time.

Tegh

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Happy.

Also happy that he's made it clear that this is his squad 'complete' for now, so we can leave all the speculation and 'OMFGWTFORLY why haven't we signed <insert plaayer we've probably never even considered here>???', till the summer.

And Theo 8)
Ding, ding!

Mckenna

Great. Addressed most of the problem areas. I think that this policy will pay enormous dividends, because the team is youthful, but importantly it's becoming experienced youths, and that's the key, as long as they're experienced then we shouldn't worry.

Viper

Established Member
Well I am so happy.

This has been one of the best Januarys in recent years I'd say! 3 signings, yay !

Chips&CurrySauce

I just can't wait to see them play.. Its bit of a pity, that with the exception of Diaby, we'll have to wait I would expect, atleast a month!

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom