• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zel Time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.

KY

Established Member
SomGooner said:
Ethiopia over Germany? Not a chance and every man and his dog back in Addis Ababa know it as well. In couple of years he'll be playing alongside Özil and Gnabry for the German national team and at the end of the day that's what will convince him to choose his birth country over his father's country of birth.

<a class="postlink" href="http://images.spox.com/userfiles/g/h/S/h/L/Y2zNV4jiFBRz6RaYozKvOz_5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://images.spox.com/userfiles/g/h/S/ ... KvOz_5.jpg</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://bc02.rp-online.de/polopoly_fs/1.3606009.1376564111!/image/449747936.jpg_gen/derivatives/rpoPanorama_786/449747936.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bc02.rp-online.de/polopoly_fs/1. ... 747936.jpg</a>

Our boys are already making sure of it...

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Deserves a little bump for his debut,

He looks like he'd blow away in the wind but looks a very assured passer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Few touches, but showed glimpses of his ability. Didn't look out of place, and even laid on a pass in the build-up to the last goal. I also didn't notice how good his dribbling was - there were one or two moments that showed good awareness on the ball.

Encouraging, although very fleeting. Will watch his development closely.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He looks calm and confident guy all his passes were good not bad 20 Minutes for a 16 years old player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
An elite young talent for me who looks capable of potentially operating in a couple of different midfield roles.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It'll be interesting to see where he ends up in midfield. He's only 16 so he still has a lot of growing physically to do, so in a season or two he may not be blowing in the wind, but his technique, vision and composure were top notch today.

Good debut.

Anzac

Established Member
If Wilshere & Rambo are our 'next gen' to eventually succeed Arteta & Co,
then I wonder if our '2nd Gen' is Zelalem-Ox-Crawley with Gnabry as one of the AM/WF options?

yuvken

Established Member
Anzac said:
then I wonder if our '2nd Gen' is Zelalem-Ox-Crawley with Gnabry as one of the AM/WF options?
It certainly looks this way. It was interesting to see how he slots so comfortably in with the first team, while last time out with Crowley he seemed to have been overshadowed. Wonder if we're seeing Dan da man with the big boys any time soon? a cameo in a cup game, perhaps if we get another comfortable draw home to a lesser team? (Utd, or something. What? they're out? s***. So some other crap team).

Looking at another angle in that "next wave" you mention, I think Ox and Gnabry played together for the first time (or started, anyway). There were comments by some earlier about similarities between the two (I agree there are some), but the interesting part for me was to see Ox from deep looking for Gnabry. These two as a combo is not the immediate intuition, but I started seeing it differently. I start seeing why Wenger was always talking about Ox as more of a midfielder, and Gnabs more attacking. Think this will become a regular thing, actually (and I'm thinking good of it, at the moment at least).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Anzac said:
We can only hope. One thing I did notice was Zelalem and Gnabry seemed confident in each other, Gnabry passing the ball to him and vice versa, something I imagine would please Wenger as that forms part of his philosophy of bringing youth through together. Add Crawley in and the second generation, on paperis promising

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
USArsenal said:
he looks like hes got a good amount of talent, but he needs to beef up.. a lot

He's a 16 year old East African who has amazing stamina (best bleep test at Arsenal). I wouldn't expect too much too soon.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Best bleep test at Arsenal? Where did you hear that and is for the reserves or the first team?

East African genetics mean he's got a chance of having freakishly good stamina, mix that with his passing and intelligence in midfield and you've got big potential here. A bit of gym work won't go amiss, it needs to be gradual progression though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not sure about this East African genetics line of thought, having heard athletes from Kenya discuss their success, they put it down to a physical rural up bringing more so than anything they are born with.

arsmile

Established Member
I might be going mental...but I did think he looked more physically...'significant' than he did in preseason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom