• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Swansea City | Saturday 15th October 15:00

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Our weak link is Monreal and teams are exploiting it. Against Liverpool, Chelsea and today Swansea it's quite clear that managers are telling their teams to attack down our left as Monreal is quite poor at marking. We need to sort this out.
I think that in the modern game it is no longer the sole responsibility of the FB to defend his flank nor can any FB out there do it on his own. It is a team effort with significant help from the winger. If the winger is not helping properly then even WC FB won't be able to control his flank on his own. Monreal may not have had his best game today but he is far from a "weak link."

What teams are able to exploit is the fact that Iwobi is still young and doesn't fulfill his defensive duties all the time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I am happy with the points. Although we made it difficult we showed some steel to see out the result. Yes we looked very vulnerable at times but we also could have had a couple more goals.

Didn't agree with the red but was also irritated by xhaka today. Showed his weaknesses as a player.

Özil was lively. Theo gets off for missing the sitters based on his goals

All in all it wasn't a bad day at the office. But improvement is needed.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You mean polymers?
Absolutely. The second most common naturally occurring polymer made up of glucose monomers.

Went to sleep and woke up to a chemistry thread. Didn't know there were that many science buffs on here. We should start a thread in the dump.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Staying that extra 5 minutes adds about 30 minutes onto your journey. Everyone's situation is different tbf, IMO they've shown enough support by spending money on tickets and merchandise.

More like 45+ mins! Best bet is to stay till the end, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of it to blow over.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think that in the modern game it is no longer the sole responsibility of the FB to defend his flank nor can any FB out there do it on his own. It is a team effort with significant help from the winger. If the winger is not helping properly then even WC FB won't be able to control his flank on his own. Monreal may not have had his best game today but he is far from a "weak link."

What teams are able to exploit is the fact that Iwobi is still young and doesn't fulfill his defensive duties all the time.
Montreal has been consistently one of our best players. Unusual for him to have a bad day at the office.

Wenger eventually brought Gibbs on to help out. But what surprised me was Gibb's nonchalance in the last 10 minutes. Coq was sprinting everywhere to make challanges but Gibbs was strolling back . . . he was fresh and should have been busting a gut.

Despite his misses Walcott gave 100% all afternoon.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Well said, however, it wouldn't be short sighted to comment that Monreal is getting on & has lost whatever pace he had.

Iwobi is still raw & he will learn to track back. I just hope the instruction he's given for his defensive duties is to know "When" to support. Monreal is quite capable & his strength belies his slight frame. It's just when he's up against pacey wingers that he struggles.

Observing the much rejuvinated Walcott during training wouldn't be amiss. He's been putting in quite an impressive shift;)

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In fairness is there no congestion getting to the groud? Does my head in on a personal level it annoys me.

I'm glad Motd called it a yellow, it was a stone wall yellow all day every day. Shocking decision and thankfully one that never cost us.
Getting to the ground is better because people arrive at different times. It's like a trickle of 60,000 people.

At the end of the game it's an avalanche. Horrible but it's easier to deal with after a good result.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely. The second most common naturally occurring polymer made up of glucose monomers

Went to sleep and woke up to a chemistry thread. Didn't know there were that many science buffs on here. We should start a thread in the dump.
Isn't a calorie a calorie? The problem being that fat has 9x the calorie density of carbohydrates which is why they're so bad when it comes to weight gain?

I love biology but didn't want to pursue it at university. I planned to be a doctor for a while then realised it wasn't for me.

Doom

Getting to the ground is better because people arrive at different times. It's like a trickle of 60,000 people.

At the end of the game it's an avalanche. Horrible but it's easier to deal with after a good result.

I think any future stadium expansion is contingent on the club improving the public access links to the Emirates.

At a minimum, they need to expand the two tube stops that service the stadium.

I thought that plans like that would be decades away / never but with the way TV and sponsorship money is growing, soon it will hardly make a difference to the footballing side if was spent £50m on public works.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

They just cleared up the red on TV. This is a NEW RULE this season. Ox said on TV he was totally unaware of it.

If you foul someone with no intention of getting the ball (aka tactical foul/dark arts etc...) its a red.
So any trip on the half way line merits a red card. It'll be interesting to see that rule not consistently applied.

Ewarwoowar

So any trip on the half way line merits a red card. I'll be interesting to see that rule not consistently applied..

Exactly,, like the other new rule in regards to wrestling in the box, how many times has that been applied,, once,, and byMike Dean whom else(tho against Stoke so some might be torn whether good thing or bad) has wrestling gone away?

Swear some of these rules turn out to be pretty convenient when refs completely show bias(coughcorruption).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Was that the first time a player has got a straight red for a trip when not preventing a certain goal ?

I was bemused , but his refusal to let us play advangtage really annoyed me . The more I think about it , he should have given a yellow for every shirt tug and cynical foul that stopped us breaking if Xhaka's was a red .

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Was that the first time a player has got a straight red for a trip when not preventing a certain goal ?

I was bemused , but his refusal to let us play advangtage really annoyed me . The more I think about it , he should have given a yellow for every shirt tug and cynical foul that stopped us breaking if Xhaka's was a red .
Going by @freeglennhelder2 s post if someone pulls a shirt it's a red card as there is no intention of getting the ball. I find that too strange to be true. Games would be abandoned week in week out. Shirt pulling in the box, red card, a trip red card, there are endless amounts of fouls committed in a game where there is no intention of getting the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom