• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal - 16.03.2016, BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most probably have to watch, a good excuse to have a pizza night. Thankfully I don't eat pizza so I can go do what ever else I like to do!

emilursin

This is exactly it. Come to think of it, we didn't do that bad in the Champions League this season.

We have won 3 out of 7 CL games this season, I expected better.....

loose tonight and that will be 3 out of 8, its been a bad year in the CL regardless of the draw,

Stumped

My prediction is 4-1 Barca.

The front 3 will kill us. It should be illegal for them to play together. The rest of the team are good but IMO teams like Bayern, Juve, Atletico are closer to the complete team all round than Barca but Barca's trio sets them apart. How many of the defence/midfield would get into the three teams I mentioned above?

Iniesta would.
Mascherano maybe.

The rest aren't better than their counterparts IMO.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbh it's pretty easy to hate Barcelona.Referee help,diving,cheating,players in the squad are t***s,lot of stupid fans(glory hunters)

Forgot about the gloryhunters.

There was a guy on my uni football team who was a Barca "fan", absolute cockwomble he was.

Used to refuse to watch Premier league football down the pub with us because it was "peasant football". Also called all the team by their first name and any discussion of any non Barca player ended "Iniesta/Xavi/Pedro is better". Tried to argue Villa was better than Pele or Maradona once.

In the last game of the year we were defending a corner. Ball comes in and I had to choose between punch and catch. Punch was risky and meant I had to take out "El dickhead", didn't even hesitate.

My prediction is 4-1 Barca.

The front 3 will kill us. It should be illegal for them to play together. The rest of the team are good but IMO teams like Bayern, Juve, Atletico are closer to the complete team all round than Barca but Barca's trio sets them apart. How many of the defence/midfield would get into the three teams I mentioned above?

Iniesta would.
Mascherano maybe.

The rest aren't better than their counterparts IMO.

-Pique would get into most teams as well. Only Boateng is a better ball-playing CB.
-Only RB consistently better than Alves used to be Lahm (defensively atleast), but he's not a RB anymore.
-Only Alaba is clearly better than Alba in the world atm.
-Busquets is the best CDM in the world. Whether you like his antics or not, that's more or less a fact. There's a reason why other teams aren't able to consistenly play with a single pivot.

Stumped

-Pique would get into most teams as well. Only Boateng is a better ball-playing CB.
-Only RB consistently better than Alves used to be Lahm (defensively atleast), but he's not a RB anymore.
-Busquets is the best CDM in the world. Whether you like his antics or not, that's more or less a fact. There's a reason why other teams aren't able to consistenly play with a single pivot.

Not so much about getting in most teams. Would they get into Bayern/Juve/Atletico?

Those three have built a wonderful team back to front which I don't quite think Barca are. In the Pep era, particularly 2008-2011 which I think is the greatest club side ever, they were magnificent in the team composition and everything was clockwork.

This team IMO is extremely top heavy. It sounds strange as they're the best three in the world up front, so why wouldn't they, but I'd back either the 2008-09 and 2010-11 side to beat this Barca.

sammyvine

He's ridiculous. His passing and ball retention is out of this world. Just such a smart player.
Why don't english players play like him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom