• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Watford v Arsenal | 27th of August at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think we need someone with mobility. Wilshere can be that player if he stays fit. Elneny, Coquelin and Cazorla will share game time I reckon depending on the opposition until Wilsh is ready.
I agree with you especially about the mobility. Caz,Wilshere and Ramsey all have fitness issues. There's also the the fact that Ramsey and Wilshere lack some tactical awareness and don't track back quickly. I won't write off Coq as he can go up a level if he improves his forward play. There's a strong minus with all Xhaka's partners. We need to get as close to the Kroos/Modric, Veratti/Krychowiak and Busquets/Iniesta model as we can. That will give us a great platform going forward at pace (and when being countered) especially if we get a goal scoring forward who is consistent.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Good game. One place for improvement is our selfishness. The gulf in class between us and Watford is probably the same as Barca and, let's say, Levante. The difference is Messi, Suarez and Neymar play for each other. Our forwards don't. If Messi's through on goal but Suarez has a tap-in, he'll square it and Barca close that game out 4-0.

Our players would rather dink the keeper and make tomorrow's headlines. We got away with it in this game, but we really need to finish teams off in future.

OSBK

Established Member
Great win.

Holding and kos were good.

Chakka was outstanding, santi was good

Özil is different class, sanchez did good

Walcott.... actually pretty good, his movement was excellent and he played 3-4 balls across the 6 yard line that someone should have buried

I loved the chakka-Özil-sanchez link play

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I got confused there for a minute. The impression I got from Garth and the silly bird was that Özil had just ripped one home from 30 yards
Think Garth appreciated the buildup and the assist more than anything. It's better than his reaction to Arsenal/Sp**s on the final day of last season.
Look at Garth though... Someone needs to drag him out the closet ffs.
:lol:

Gooner_girl14

Finally three points. Having Mesut back made a huge difference, and Alexis was a constant threat.

Really like the look of Xhaka, some of his balls over the top were sublime, great vision. Holding is looking more and more like a very good bargain, albeit Watford are pretty poor.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The first half was very good and the goals were lovely. Our passing was sharper and the work ethic of the players was spot on. The second half wasn't nearly as bad as I had read. We did leave gaps but at times, Watford couldn't get the ball and we still had chances to score.

What really pleased me was the defensive cohesion. We took our chances well. Walcott was physically committed. Xhaka had a great range of passing. The movement and possession was a joy to see.

The downside- Ox's anonymous performance. He just did nothing. He's had a good pre season and has got minutes in the first three games. This type of brain dead and physically shy performance is unacceptable. We had more opportunities to score-Theo missed a few. Our forwards can be very selfish and play only for themselves-Alexis,Theo and Ox. We invited pressure in the second half and gave Watford chances.

We've signed two more players who if they adjust as quickly and perform as well as Xhaka has so far, will make us even better. COYG.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The first half was very good and the goals were lovely. Our passing was sharper and the work ethic of the players was spot on. The second half wasn't nearly as bad as I had read. We did leave gaps but at times, Watford couldn't get the ball and we still had chances to score.

What really pleased me was the defensive cohesion. We took our chances well. Walcott was physically committed. Xhaka had a great range of passing. The movement and possession was a joy to see.

The downside- Ox's anonymous performance. He just did nothing. He's had a good pre season and has got minutes in the first three games. This type of brain dead and physically shy performance is unacceptable. We had more opportunities to score-Theo missed a few. Our forwards can be very selfish and play only for themselves-Alexis,Theo and Ox. We invited pressure in the second half and gave Watford chances.

We've signed two more players who if they adjust as quickly and perform as well as Xhaka has so far, will make us even better. COYG.

Xhaka had a great performance today and the dude is not even fully up to speed. A few weeks from now, when fully settled, he will just dominate games. Interesting part, he also covered the most distance today.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Xhaka had a great performance today and the dude is not even fully up to speed. A few weeks from now, when fully settled, he will just dominate games. Interesting part, he also covered the most distance today.

He was good and his passing was forward not sideways so the percentage is even better. He sneaks around the pitch and is uncanny in being in the right place when needed. He's not quick but he can move when needed-only pre injury Santi, Özil and Coq have tracked back quicker imo. We just need the right partner for him. I think Krychowiak at PSG is the type that would suit him best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom