• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutarch

I suppose you just ignore the name of our stadium and the sponsor across the front that financed that Alexis deal? Double think much.
Not at all. I don't like the name of our stadium, or taking any of their money. Nonetheless, it's a small proportion of our income, and does not mean I can't object to Man City's finances, which I do, strongly. And if Arsenal were to be bought by a middle eastern country, I'd stop supporting them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ronaldo has won one La Liga since he moved to Real Madrid. Its not necessarily about winning a trophy it's about winning the right trophies and being in contention to win the right trophies.

Probably the most relevant stat to bring into the Alexis thread.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's really not up to Wenger its up to the board offering him the money he deserve. Özil is staying as long wenger is here

Impact

Established Member
Not sure if this is guy is a frustrated CF or a wide forward that is being hindered by a lack of talent at CF.

blaze_of_glory

Every time I start getting frustrated with him he scores. His play is inconsistent but he's so tenacious he always pops up eventually.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's been finding it hard to get into games from the left lately for whatever reason. Still been contributing though. His base game is endeavor, so that will always see him good.

It's also become very clear that people have a different barometer to what equates to a good performance for certain world class players, and some get more leeway than others. Alexis is just expected to score a goal or create a goal in every game he plays in, so he's a victim of his own brilliance. Any less than that and it's ok to say he's 'been garbage' or whatever. Fine, but just acknowledge that it's his standards thet he's been garbage by, and not anybody else's. Others can do fvck all for ages and people will bend over backwards to make a case for them having contributed.

Players like these get you over the line.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
i want us to try him on Özil´s role next time, he gets pushed to deep in our field due to positioning requirements and sometimes you can feel he is more like a transitioning player instead of a final third player.
good game nontheless, not as influencial as usual but still got an important goal

carlitobrigante

Hasn't been playing well recently in my opinion, but is still popping up with vital goals like all the best players do.

For me, he is dawdling too much on the ball, making too many poor passes, losing the ball too often, and often trying to do too much. Luckily he tends to snap himself out of it eventually and even when playing poorly he still is deadly in front of goal.

I'm praying we have a massive squad overhaul which convinces him to stay, otherwise i think he will do a Van Persie and move on, as he deserves to be in a team competing for honours.

To be honest, I think if he played for Chelsea or a Juventus, he would be an even better player than he is playing even for us. In a more disciplined role, in a stronger team, where he is just one of multiple attacking focal points instead of the main man, i think he would be even better.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Hasn't been playing well recently in my opinion, but is still popping up with vital goals like all the best players do.

For me, he is dawdling too much on the ball, making too many poor passes, losing the ball too often, and often trying to do too much. Luckily he tends to snap himself out of it eventually and even when playing poorly he still is deadly in front of goal.

I'm praying we have a massive squad overhaul which convinces him to stay, otherwise i think he will do a Van Persie and move on, as he deserves to be in a team competing for honours.

To be honest, I think if he played for Chelsea or a Juventus, he would be an even better player than he is playing even for us. In a more disciplined role, in a stronger team, where he is just one of multiple attacking focal points instead of the main man, i think he would be even better.
not sure he'd like being one of a pack though - I get the feeling he likes being the main man

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

All I can say is thanks Alexis , what a ****ing goal that was , literally pinched the ball of Clichy's foot and scores .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I thought he made extra effort to not misplace any passes yesterday too. It's obviously something you expect any player to do, but then any player isn't as good as Alexis Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom