• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He silently did the business today. Mbappe and Dembele drawing all the praise but Lemar looks a high-level talent too. I'd be thrilled if we got him.

He's got the football IQ and technique of a midfielder, with the physical attributes of a winger.

He's a beast. His game isn't as spectacular as Mbappé's or Dembélé's, but he's incredible too.

He's more the Rosicky type of winger (when we played him there in 2007/2008 season) with more power & pace.

Giroud

Established Member
Lemar's too similar to Iwobi for me. Obviously Lemar is ahead right now but both offer similar attributes and Iwobi is talented. Then you have the transfer fee and adaptation period for Lemar. I don't think it would be a signing that makes any sense.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Lemar's too similar to Iwobi for me. Obviously Lemar is ahead right now but both offer similar attributes and Iwobi is talented. Then you have the transfer fee and adaptation period for Lemar. I don't think it would be a signing that makes any sense.

Iwobi is trash, I'd swap the two in a heartbeat. This guy is actually fast and has a great pass on him.

Pheonix

After reading that, looks useful but Wenger would have to work some magic to make him something else, one for the future maybe?
Look forget this Wenger works magic BS... If the lad has potential and Wenger gives him a fair go...not like this 50-60 min, dropped for next 6 games sh*t that has destroyed the progress of players like Wally. JW and Ox. He will develop.

Wenger no longer develops and PLEASE dont bring up Rob Holding and the back 3 as a Wenger working magic on him LOL

Aevi

Hale End FC

I reckon he could play CM for us, going by some of his deeper starting positions. He may just turn out to not be an Alexis/Özil substitute.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Tottenham fans are creaming themselves at the possibility of signing him, we should land him just to establish our dominance.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sounds like a Willian type player. Not going to deliver big numbers but will help the team play good football, make good decisions and generally just play well. He's also got a good set piece which is always nice.
He did this yesterday too. He's the winger we've always needed to counter-act Alexis' creative m a d n e s s.

edit: Mods how do you explain to new members that the word 'M a d n e s s' is banned?:lol:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
You right but let's be honest replacing Alexis with player near to his quality is almost impossible

I genuinely think Lemar can become as good as Alexis in the near future, but with different qualities. He's closer to a Pires winger style than a Hazard or Alexis.

Lemar is really impressive. He's so smart with the ball. He almost never gives it away.
His crossing/free kicks/corners are top class. He can score goals. He's very versatile he can play almost anywhere.

And he's a physical beast. Against Lyon last season, Mendy got sent off and Lemar played as a wing back and was tremendous at defending & going forward.
As I've said he has playmaker qualities & football brain with an incredible engine & he defends a lot (& very well). He isn't a lazy player.
He's only 21 and he's contributed to almost 30 goals last season (14 goals & 14 assists). Statwise he isn't that far from Alexis. He must be one of the best in Europe for players around this age!

He was "unlucky" to play in Mbappé's & Bernardo's team because his game isn't as spectacular and as a result doesn't get the credit he deserves. But he's one of the greatest prospect in Europe.

As much as I love Iwobi, Lemar is on a whole other level. It's like comparing the Ox to Alexis. :lol:

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've said before I think our plan A is Mbappe and our plan B is Lacazette and Lemar.

The only way we sign them all (LOL) is if we sell Alexis and Giroud.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I've said before I think our plan A is Mbappe and our plan B is Lacazette and Lemar.

The only way we sign them all (LOL) is if we sell Alexis and Giroud.
Wenger will avoid that though. We know how he hates too many changes to the squad in one summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger will avoid that though. We know how he hates too many changes to the squad in one summer.
he could be forced because Giroud will leave if he don't start next season and Alexis too if a very good bid comes from Bayern PSG.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If Giroud leaves Arsenal then something big is happening imo, I don't see Wenger letting him for Lacazette as they're very different strikers and Lacazette isn't levels above Giroud.

Only way I can see Wenger letting Giroud go is if we sign someone like Mbappe who's going to be the outright undisputed first choice striker for games.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If Giroud leaves Arsenal then something big is happening imo, I don't see Wenger letting him for Lacazette as they're very different strikers and Lacazette isn't levels above Giroud.

Only way I can see Wenger letting Giroud go is if we sign someone like Mbappe who's going to be the outright undisputed first choice striker for games.
Imagine the confidence dent when you get displaced by an 18 year old. M@dness this football sport

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Imagine the confidence dent when you get displaced by an 18 year old. M@dness this football sport
I think Giroud knows firsthand how good he is. Sometimes you have to see greatness and just accept it. Ronaldinho understood he had to make way for Messi back in the day. Such is life.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think Giroud knows firsthand how good he is. Sometimes you have to see greatness and just accept it. Ronaldinho understood he had to make way for Messi back in the day. Such is life.
Let's be honest. In terms of being humble, Ronaldinho was one of the nicest, classiest players there has been. You don't really get that anymore. These players have massive egos.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom