• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I almost have 2500 tweets but they're mostly trolling or retweeting ridiculous things Republicans say online. I'm running for office now.

Aevi

Hale End FC
LWB in a 3-4-2-1 is basically playing like a classic winger.
Actually it's very much the opposite of the type of winger he plays as now. LWB asks of a player to defend and provide a wide crossing option in attacks, instead of being a central-shifting playmaker like he is now. The only reason he's look good there is because he's a talented and very complete player, but he's be more suited as a CM as he already kind of plays.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Thought he was a winger
Can effectively play a number of positions without looking out of place. The wings are covered by Sanchez and Özil.... We just made an excellent LWB signing so the only position it would make sense for him is CM.

Signing Mbappe and Lemar from Monaco doesn't seem likely. Would be our greatest transfer window but the reality is that Monaco will not let both of them go.

If we sign Lemar, we will get Lacazette (which is a weird one given how often we could have bought him for less). Mbappe may be a next summer target if Sanchez leaves. Even in the face of reality, I still hope for Mbappe and Lemar. Lacazette can come too to replace Giroud.

nicky47

Established Member
A lot of debating over this guys position. Judging from videos (I know that's very little to go on, maybe someone with better knowledge can confirm) he plays as a left winger. Although he seems to love to come into the middle of the park...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
King Kendrick Lemar

giphy.gif

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A lot of debating over this guys position. Judging from videos (I know that's very little to go on, maybe someone with better knowledge can confirm) he plays as a left winger. Although he seems to love to come into the middle of the park...

Left side of a 3 man midfield. Mbappe (forward left) and Bernardo Silva (forward right) played further forward. Lemar in midfield alongside Fabinho and Bakayoko or Moutinho, but he'd usually be the one with most freedom to move forward. Clearly one or both of Cazorla and Wilshere will be moved on and Wenger wants that creativity and guile in midfield.

Now that I think about it, what a bloody good team Monaco assembled in such a short time. Can only think of Dortmund (CL Final v Bayern) who have done that in recent years.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Kolasinac has had an incredible season, and it was essential we get him because he provides quality while also freeing up funds for bigger players (and there is ample proof we are targeting them). There was competition from other good clubs, and he held all the cards, so you do have to make sacrifices at those times to sign players. It'd be silly of Kolasinac not to get some sort of assurance he'd be a starter.

Even if this isn't the case however, it makes little sense for us to sign him and then sign Lemar for the same position. It would negate what was already a good signing and stocked position.
We'll see how much quality he provides. I'm happy to be proven wrong and yes it is I think(and hope) is a good deal. I get where you are coming from re the sacrifices but I think his agent communicated to him that he'll have a good chance to become a starter along with other possibilities while as you said we decided to part with a high salary. From the look of things it does look like he'll be a starter but how he'll do and how things progress over the season is something thats hard to tell now.

As for the Lemar thing, I think if he comes our best bet of getting the best out of him would be either as a winger in a different formation or Özil's role. And if we stick to the current set up its my personal opinion that he'd excel in the LWB/LM spot and more than Kolasinac would.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Left side of a 3 man midfield. Mbappe (forward left) and Bernardo Silva (forward right) played further forward. Lemar in midfield alongside Fabinho and Bakayoko or Moutinho, but he'd usually be the one with most freedom to move forward. Clearly one or both of Cazorla and Wilshere will be moved on and Wenger wants that creativity and guile in midfield.

Now that I think about it, what a bloody good team Monaco assembled in such a short time. Can only think of Dortmund (CL Final v Bayern) who have done that in recent years.

Not really, Monaco plays in a 442.
Lemar plays as a LM.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We'll see how much quality he provides. I'm happy to be proven wrong and yes it is I think(and hope) is a good deal. I get where you are coming from re the sacrifices but I think his agent communicated to him that he'll have a good chance to become a starter along with other possibilities while as you said we decided to part with a high salary. From the look of things it does look like he'll be a starter but how he'll do and how things progress over the season is something thats hard to tell now.

As for the Lemar thing, I think if he comes our best bet of getting the best out of him would be either as a winger in a different formation or Özil's role. And if we stick to the current set up its my personal opinion that he'd excel in the LWB/LM spot and more than Kolasinac would.
Alright fair enough. Either way I really hope we sign him, he's got the quality to play multiple roles here.

Stryka

Claims he works for ITV. Says Özil and Alexis both signed up

Over 1000 tweets but I'm not sure. Has Kolasanic mentioned very early as one of our targets for LB. Seems like a lot of mud slinging

I looked the guy up and found this.

The only chance he works for ITV, is that he serves tea for the people who work at CITV.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Actually it's very much the opposite of the type of winger he plays as now. LWB asks of a player to defend and provide a wide crossing option in attacks, instead of being a central-shifting playmaker like he is now. The only reason he's look good there is because he's a talented and very complete player, but he's be more suited as a CM as he already kind of plays.
That depends on the ability,skill, style of the player and how the team or manager requires the player to play from the starting position. Would it not be better to have a much more technically accomplished quicker player with better crossing and passing along with defensive nous as well as a decent engine to with all that? I actually can see him owning the role with his skill set.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom