• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Interesting. Lacazette could be an Arsenal player by next week.

tumblr_o6cjf5iLad1tq4of6o1_500.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Interesting. Lacazette could be an Arsenal player by next week.

Too many erm's, he also scratched below his eye and the back of his head. Also the use of "could" and "possibly" are great get out of jail cards. This guy knows as much as I do!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@The_Playmaker has a good point.

We all know Wenger is a good manager but the exact reason why is his ability to set up teams that (usually) create high quality chances. There's a lot of stats out there that support this too.

Lacazette can run and dribble and has the best chance conversation rate in Europe. The stats suggest he will do well here even if he isn't the best at generating chances.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@The_Playmaker has a good point.

We all know Wenger is a good manager but the exact reason why is his ability to set up teams that (usually) create high quality chances. There's a lot of stats out there that support this too.

Lacazette can run and dribble and has the best chance conversation rate in Europe. The stats suggest he will do well here even if he isn't the best at generating chances.

Exactly, the obsession with having a striker that can 'do it all' is odd. Considering there's only 3 or 4 strikers in world football that are that way inclined. They'll be at the very best clubs.

Only anomaly is Mbappe as he's so young.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Would you pay £60 million for Harry Kane @carlito'sway ?

Lacazette gets goals. Left foot, right foot, in behind, penalties. He scores goals. He is therefore worth £50 - 60 million.

£60 million gets you Lacazette or Aubamayang. £80 million gets you Belotti. £120 million gets you Mbappe. It doesn't matter who we get as long as we buy a striker and replace Özil and Alexis if they leave.

----------------------------Belotti/Auba/Laca

-Forsberg----------------------------------------------Lemar

or

-Ramsey--------------------------------------------------Özil

+ new cm

or

--Forsberg/Lemar-------------------------------------Özil

It genuinely doesn't matter to me. We play a style of football that creates chances, we just need a mobile striker who can finish. Ideally you want Özil and Alexis behind a new striker, but I couldn't care less if they both left to be honest. We would be just as dangerous if not more with any of the above.

Would pay 60 M for Kane. Would even go to 70 M for him or Auba. I simply would not pay that for Laca. His numbers flatter to deceive.

By the way, I am not sure that both Özil and Alexis will leave. As a matter of fact, I believe Özil will definitely stay and we have a good chance to keep Alexis.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Would pay 60 M for Kane. Would even go to 70 M for him or Auba. I simply would not pay that for Laca. His numbers flatter to deceive.

By the way, I am not sure that both Özil and Alexis will leave. As a matter of fact, I believe Özil will definitely stay and we have a good chance to keep Alexis.
I'm with you on Özil but I dunno about Alexis. Özil would struggle to find a suitor. Alexis not so much.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'd pay 75m for Kane every day of the week. Young, scores goals for fun off both feet.

If he were South American and called Hariato Kanilo he'd be lauded as world class and 100m.

But he's English and his name is Kane. That makes him even more expensive. :lol:
If Dier is worth £55M & Sterling about £60M, then Kane must be worth more than £100M. Which is crazy IMO.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But he's English and his name is Kane. That makes him even more expensive. :lol:
If Dier is worth £55M & Sterling about £60M, then Kane must be worth more than £100M. Which is crazy IMO.

Oh yeah I meant more to the fact people don't really see him as world class. I think he is and I hate the guy :lol:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
But he has time on his side... Possibly not a high enough ceiling? I really rate him. Would have him here in an instant.

His game is suited to the Premiership. He's not technically good enough for Barça or Real IMO.
It's a bit like Bale. He's a beast. A fantastic athlete. But a lot of Madrid fans, even before his injuries were backing Isco to start ahead of him because he's a better player and makes the team play better.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Oh yeah I meant more to the fact people don't really see him as world class. I think he is and I hate the guy :lol:

I don't think he's worldclass yet tbf.
He still needs to prove himself outstide the premiership.

He's been terrible in champions league & Europa League. He's been terrible at the previous Euro.
I think it's the next step for him if he wants to be considered as worldclass.

For now he's just a great Premier League striker. but he still has time.

skeetbag

I'm with you on Özil but I dunno about Alexis. Özil would struggle to find a suitor. Alexis not so much.
Wenger has form. Vieira, Henry, Fabregas and van Persie all made noises about leaving at least a year before they did, but Wenger talked them into staying a little longer. I think Özil signs a new contract and Wenger persuades Sanchez to stay another year. Sanchez has improved here and another year of that won't harm him. He can move freely next summer and his salary offers will be higher because there won't be a fee involved. It may be the case that we have a tremendous season and he re-signs next summer, but even if he is intent on leaving he'll definitely give 100%. I wouldn't let Özil run down his contract, it's hard enough to get 80% out of him at the best of times, he'd be a waste of a jersey if he was angling for a Bosman.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't think he's worldclass yet tbf.
He still needs to prove himself outstide the premiership.

He's been terrible in champions league & Europa League. He's been terrible at the previous Euro.
I think it's the next step for him if he wants to be considered as worldclass.

For now he's just a great Premier League striker. but he still has time.

Thats fair enough! I contradict my point a little bit because I also do NOT think Lukaku is world class and him and Kane essentially do the same things...

Don't know really, maybe I should just say world class finisher because that fits the bill. He's not really an all round world class player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom