• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Stoke City vs Arsenal | 19/08/2017 | 17:30 BST (16:30 UTC) | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Stoke City will Win

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Arsenal will Win

Votes: 66 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seeing as we actually won our opening game we're going to win the league. Title winners don't lose games like this.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

the problem is a good showing convinces Wenger that we don't need a CB and CM
I see this a lot and it's far from the truth, Wenger for all his faults won't judge the team off of one game. He knows the inherent weaknesses in this side.

The issue is that he chooses not to solve them for some inexplicable reason.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Let's be honest Arsenal's ball players are good on a sunny Sunday afternoon at Wembley on beautiful flat green turf.

But a rainy night away against Stoke cloggers is not for the purists.

Draw would be hell of a result.
Really?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know you like to have ready made excuses for Wenger to hand but two things; 1. It's still August and 2. Stoke are completely different now hence why we battered them last season. Anything other than a comfortable 8-4 victory would be disastrous.
:lol: You just don't get it, the exact reverse is true.

There's been no promised root and branch change. The three richer teams have spent even more, we still have injuries and suspensions.If Wenger comes third with this setup he'll do very well. There are no easy away matches, a draw is good.

You're pretending we should be smashing these so you can say we're **** when we draw or lose. I know your game Richard. Nothing changes.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Stoke are horrible, I would be surprised and disappointed if we don't beat them on Saturday.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
:lol: You just don't get it, the exact reverse is true.

There's been no promised root and branch change. The three richer teams have spent even more, we still have injuries and suspensions.If Wenger comes third with this setup he'll do very well. There are no easy away matches, a draw is good.

You're pretending we should be smashing these so you can say we're **** when we draw or lose. I know your game Richard. Nothing changes.
Absolute ****ing bollocks. You've used my argument to dig yourself out of a hole, cheeky swine.

The other clubs have nothing to do with this game. Stoke are powderpuff now. They've not done much signing players wise and they've lost players, Arnie, Walters etc, who might have caused us a problem. As long as we have a reasonable backline, our attack will score goals.

I don't even know why you brought squad cost into this. If we were playing, say, West Brom, then I'd be worried as they too cause us problems and Pulis will always play like Pulis. Stoke's style of play has changed and so have their players. We tonked them last year, Sp**s have thrashed them the last couple of years, they ain't what they were.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The three richer teams have spent even more
Good thing Stoke aren't one of them then.:confused:

I thought you were going to be objective enough this season but you're already setting up to defend Wenger by pushing this belief that a draw at Stoke is good enough.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Taking the piss here surely?
Away matches were poor last season.

Hoping Bould and Wenger are working on how to shore up the defence with our makeshift back 3 (minus Kos and a Mert) so we don't ship 3 goals again. A draw would be good, anything else a bonus.

If everybody thought like this we wouldn't get all those posters panicking and losing their **** part way through the match.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Good thing Stoke aren't one of them then.:confused:

I thought you were going to be objective enough this season but you're already setting up to defend Wenger by pushing this belief that a draw at Stoke is good enough.
Who's defending Wenger? We should have spent more and bought a CM at least. There's been no promised change, we've still got a stack of injury prone players. :lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Hoping Bould and Wenger are working on how to shore up the defence with our makeshift back 3 (minus Kos and a Mert) so we don't ship 3 goals again. A draw would be good, anything else a bonus.

If everybody thought like this we wouldn't get all those posters panicking and losing their **** part way through the match.

F#ck what those posters do or think, they can jump off a bridge for all I care.

I expect a win a win here, anything less would be a disappointment. A draw against a piss poor team as Stoke is never "hell of a result".

We're aspiring for the title, Wenger, the players, the fans, the board, etc. if we can't beat Stoke then we should get a new manager, sign players if we're to reach the ambitions set by everyone associated to the club.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Just going to agree to disagree here. If a draw away at Stoke is good enough then forget about CL qualification and forget about the Europa league too.

Go support Bournemouth.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Absolute ****ing bollocks. You've used my argument to dig yourself out of a hole, cheeky swine.

The other clubs have nothing to do with this game. Stoke are powderpuff now. They've not done much signing players wise and they've lost players, Arnie, Walters etc, who might have caused us a problem. As long as we have a reasonable backline, our attack will score goals.

I don't even know why you brought squad cost into this. If we were playing, say, West Brom, then I'd be worried as they too cause us problems and Pulis will always play like Pulis. Stoke's style of play has changed and so have their players. We tonked them last year, Sp**s have thrashed them the last couple of years, they ain't what they were.
Rubbish. There are no easy sides in the EPL. Everton struggled to beat them 1-0 at home last week . . . . some powder puff.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We're aspiring for the title, Wenger, the players, the fans, the board, etc. if we can't beat Stoke then we should get a new manager, sign players if we're to reach the ambitions set by everyone associated to the club.
Always thought Wenger capable of winning the title again. . unlike most on here.

But he needs his players on the ****ing pitch. First game of the season 9 injuries and suspensions. Getting disillusioned mate.

You can carry the positivity flag for AM, my arms are knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom