• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's not Ozils fault. It's the jack asses that run our clubs fault. The reason no other club finds themselves in this position is because they sell the player long before they get to this point.

Only at Arsenal can I ever recall players being allowed to get in to this position. Some clubs may have it as a one off but we have it as a regular occurrence. Sagna, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky all leaving for nothing in recent years. Now Özil, Alexis and Wilshere all in the same boat.

Ramsey, Welbeck, Walcott, Monreal, Cech and a few more lining up in the same boat for next season

Maybe our contract situation will improve with the arrival of Huss Fahmy last summer as contract negotiator. Much has been said about Mislintat & Sanllehi but Fahmy hasn't been mentioned much. Formerly of Team Sky Cycling he is a legal expert with great experience. Time will tell I guess but something has clearly been wrong for some time with our contract negotiations.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Maybe our contract situation will improve with the arrival of Huss Fahmy last summer as contract negotiator. Much has been said about Mislintat & Sanllehi but Fahmy hasn't been mentioned much. Formerly of Team Sky Cycling he is a legal expert with great experience. Time will tell I guess but something has clearly been wrong for some time with our contract negotiations.

Out of interest what exactly did he do for Team Sky Cycling which stands out and makes him so highly rated, I see the Team Sky thing being quoted alot.

I genuinely have no idea about cycling or the mans achievements and always thought Team Sky were like the PSG/Man City of cycling, so any info is appreciated.

ClubLevel

Do you mean this January or in the summer? The thing is, the more a player runs down his contract, the more money they are making. Either they get a big wage bonus from the competition of clubs or a signing on fee.

Either really. I think with Özil deep down he wants to stay so he is either waiting for us to give him a big raise and/or whether we will bring players to complete at the top. So in a sense he is trying to force the clubs hand to bring in some top players to play with.

I just think the lack of stories (here & abroad) suggests he is more likely to stay than go.

OSBK

Established Member
Either really. I think with Özil deep down he wants to stay so he is either waiting for us to give him a big raise and/or whether we will bring players to complete at the top. So in a sense he is trying to force the clubs hand to bring in some top players to play with.

I just think the lack of stories (here & abroad) suggests he is more likely to stay than go.

I think Özil could save zidane at real. No room at barca for him and real madrid are in desperate need of a spark. Would be perfect move for real and Özil.

Would love him to stay but reality is ecen if he does then arsenal are not going to match the top epl clubs ambition.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Out of interest what exactly did he do for Team Sky Cycling which stands out and makes him so highly rated, I see the Team Sky thing being quoted alot.

I genuinely have no idea about cycling or the mans achievements and always thought Team Sky were like the PSG/Man City of cycling, so any info is appreciated.

All I know is he's a legal guy who negotiates contracts and Wenger rates him highly. He's all part of the new back room staff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...m-shuffle-continues-signing-new-legal-expert/

Vibra

Established Member
He's been nothing but class so if he goes so be it. He's 29 and it's his last chance of a major move

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
All I know is he's a legal guy who negotiates contracts and Wenger rates him highly. He's all part of the new back room staff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...m-shuffle-continues-signing-new-legal-expert/

Just had a read of that and it was kind of disappointing, he is an expert in the legal side of contracts and has no experience in football.

What we seem to be missing is the part of the brain that decides 'when' to offer the new contracts and a negotiator to get the deal over the line.

Im guessing Wenger really does deal with everything.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The fact that there are absolutely zero links to him leaving questions the whole he has been brilliant during his time here. Compare that with Alexis who has been linked to Bayern, Psg, Liverpool, City and now United and Chelsea bidding for him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The fact that there are absolutely zero links to him leaving questions the whole he has been brilliant during his time here. Compare that with Alexis who has been linked to Bayern, Psg, Liverpool, City and now United and Chelsea bidding for him.
Definitely. Although, while we have him we should try to build around him. Or at least we should have. Not sure now. Really no news here.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm surprised why a team like Juventus, Inter or AC Milan are not after him. They love these type of deals in Italy.

I think he'd love the chance to play in Italy aswell but I've got a feeling he's got his heart set on Utd aswell especially with Mourinho there.

They'll probably flog Mata in the summer and replace him with Özil. Massive upgrade.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I'm surprised why a team like Juventus, Inter or AC Milan are not after him. They love these type of deals in Italy.

I think he'd love the chance to play in Italy aswell but I've got a feeling he's got his heart set on Utd aswell especially with Mourinho there.

They'll probably flog Mata in the summer and replace him with Özil. Massive upgrade.
Swap deal for Özil anyone? :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn’t come across as a player you’d buy in January. How many teams still play with a dedicated AM?

All the top teams now seem to either play with a solid midfield or two strikers.

OSBK

Established Member
Still think he goes to madrid and saves zidane. Perfect perfect for him and for real.

Sanchez out, Özil out, theo out.

Pea in,mhky in, malcom in

Are we really that worst off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom