• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Everton | February 3, 2018 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very impressive.

Great to have a striker stretching the pitch again.

Mkhitaryan looks to have been here years. Underestimated him.

We really do need to play more balls in behind early, we stopped doing it completely in the 2nd half. Lacazette was making those runs when he first arrived then he stopped when he saw he wasn't getting the ball. Bellerin and Xhaka in particular are guilty of checking and passing inside when there's a forward run made into space.

Axel9090

The new heartless approach to football I've taken recently. It's better this way, fondness breeds agendas and people like us are needed to balance the fanboyism that runs rife in AM.

You had your exception with Alexis but I'll let you off, he ticked too many boxes for you, love was inevitable.
True, but Wenger needs to show consistency. You cant continue to play Xhaka and Iwobi if they play ****.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
When I say it's a pen, I mean more that you see them given. I can see how the player engineered it, but Mustfafi got suck right in.

Yeah, no doubt about that last part. Would probably ask to be subbed if was given too.

Gooner_girl14

Such a boring 2nd half. Really like the look of Miki, 3 assists today. Disappointing we conceded a goal (Kola was poor for it) and for a very brief moment I had flashbacks of the 4-4 against Newcastle. But overall everyone played well, Ramsey is well and truly back, and our new signings look like they've slotted in nicely. Hope the injuries to Monreal & Cech aren't too serious. Now let's hope this is actual progress and have a good performance next week.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I've gone for Sams legendary ability to out-tacticed his foes. Seriously, I can see us losing this. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if both Theo and Rooney score in a 1-2 loss.
Buzzing when you said this, knew we'd thrash them.:p

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Really worried about that ugly striker from Sp**s next week our defense is make me worried even when we are 4-0 up

We need to play Ramsey on the right in that game so he can be the extra man in midfield. If we play the same midfield against Sp**s they'll tear us a new one.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Where are all of those Ramsey haters?

Ramsey is the first name on the team sheet. Like me and a few other posters have been saying.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

True, but Wenger needs to show consistency. You cant continue to play Xhaka and Iwobi if they play ****.
Think his hands are tied with Xhaka. As poor as he is we need some kind of distributor from deep and aside from Jack I can't see anyone else who could do that.

Gooner_girl14

How come Wenger subs Laca every time, but Aubameyang gets 90 mins in his first game? Im not complaing but it does look suspect.

I think Wenger did intend to bring Laca on at some stage, but his plans changed when Monreal and then Cech had to go of injured.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

See here's the thing.

+ Ramsey loves getting forward, he's good at it and there literally isn't any other CM in (world?) football who can move like he does.

+ Wenger sees this and like a good manager exploits it.

- We can't afford to do this in 90% of the matches we play, not with this system, not with Xhaka as his partner.

- Up until recently Ramsey's finishing has been woeful meaning we couldn't really exploit his good movement

With his finishing looking better than ever we could try this but it's suicidal tbh.

And that's where we go wrong against the better sides. If we leave that amount of space in midfield against Sp*rs and give the chances Niasse and Walcott had to Kane, we'll have big problems. I just don't see Wenger ever seeking to address it. I'd still have Wilshere start at Wembley. Maybe over Xhaka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Winning like that at Emirates will make teams became afraid playing at Emirates even with the defense we got

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think it may be closer than you think.

Keep your eye on Mikitaryan, he is an excellent player. You may just have a different opinion in a few months if he keeps this up.

A confident Mkhitaryan is silky similar to Özil.

I think Mkhitaryan and Özil will form a good partnership with their little flicks and link up play. Add Jack to that and you've got a great combination.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Good first half and bad in the second, even though we scored a fifth. Auba had 0 service in the second half, so that's something to take into consideration for all you Laca haters out there. I think he'll delight and frustrate depending on the defensive setup of the opposition.
Ramsey became the 20th Arsenal player to score a hattrick in the PL, a record no other team holds, yet a lot of people here were angry that he started today.
Monreal and Auba had the same amount of shots on target.:lol:
The way he's showing up in the box and scoring, it wouldn't be a such a crazy idea to play him as a genuine winger.

Axel9090

I agree. Weak minded players are not suited to play for Mourinho.

Lest forget that far better players than Mhki have also failed at OT under Ferguson too. It’s a complete different world playing for United than Dortmund/Arsenal.

Mkhi has found his level tbh.
He'll go into hiding soon enough, all of his assists have come in 4 goal thrashings. As soon as he's closed down, he'll run up those cul-de-sac we all know he loves.

Some of the salt on redcafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom