• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Semi Final Draw: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid

Who do you want to draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hydro, often when people underestimate us that is nwhen we perform. Chelsea and Sp**s come to mind this season.

Exactly, I'm personally loving the fact that we're being written off. For us this was the supposed nightmare draw and Atletico should walk all over us, this puts all the pressure on Atletico and takes it off us knowing that we're the underdogs.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think some people here are overrating them a bit but on the other hand the hyperbole spouters seem to be tipping us for a win. Obviously they're better than us but it's not a by a country mile, think their set up my be our anathema though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Exactly, I'm personally loving the fact that we're being written off. For us this was the supposed nightmare draw and Atletico should walk all over us, this puts all the pressure on Atletico and takes it off us knowing that we're the underdogs.
This is why I am shocked at the responses. I honestly feel this is the best time of our season to take on a big team. As you say, they;re writing us off. Let them.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We probably need it more too as they're already in the CL. Perhaps that can work in our favour.

Jae

Quietly confident about this. Reckon we have a good chance, at the end of the day you can only beat the team in front of you. We were going to have to play them sooner or later.

Plus, if we do lose, I would much rather it be over 2 legs, I think a dry bumming in the final in front of the whole world would be too much for our fans to take (pun intended) :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We probably need it more too as they're already in the CL. Perhaps that can work in our favour.
They got good experience in this competition Semione also and let's be honest thier team got many quality players so we'll have to be at our best specially defensively

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Atletico Madrid is in the Europa League because they only won one game in their Champions League group. Obviously they can be beaten or they wouldn't be here. Might as well get this over with one way or the other.

Atletico Madrid is in the Europa League because they only won one game in their Champions League group. Obviously they can be beaten or they wouldn't be here. Might as well get this over with one way or the other.

Their form is better than before the new year. While our defense has been regressing for the whole season.

HBL

Established Member
Hope Mkhi is back in time. In the away leg I’d play a front 6 of;

Mkhi - Lacazette - Özil
Ramsey
Xhaka - Elneny​

And then bring in Welbeck/Iwobi for the home game.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rich doesn't equate to sensible, hence why it's my name.

The big PL teams have spent **** loads yet the very best players are or have been at Real and Barcelona. Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar, Kroos, Modric, Marcelo etc. trumps anything the PL has had to offer, hence why they're in the semis and finals of the CL all the time. Stop sitting on your brain Trax, ffs.
Even if generally the English teams are a step down on the Spanish equivalents, which I agree with, that doesn't help the English teams spending the 4th, 5th and 6th amount to win their league. Liverpool 1989, Arsenal 2004 and Sp**s 1961.

Use your brain man.

Prawn Sandwich

Sometimes when there's no expectation in these big match days you wake up just feeling the win is on. Had it in the Chelsea in the Final last year, hope it's back for these semi-finals!

Have we ever played Spanish opponents in a semi-final before? :|

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Even if generally the English teams are a step down on the Spanish equivalents, which I agree with, that doesn't help the English teams spending the 4th, 5th and 6th amount to win their league. Liverpool 1989, Arsenal 2004 and Sp**s 1961.

Use your brain man.
The quality of Spanish teams in the bottom half of the table is not great. I reckon a number of Championship clubs would survive there.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Sometimes when there's no expectation in these big match days you wake up just feeling the win is on. Had it in the Chelsea in the Final last year, hope it's back for these semi-finals!

Have we ever played Spanish opponents in a semi-final before? :|

Villareal.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Judging by how Chelsea did against them.. This has to be a back three fixture. Especially as they play 4 4 2 and it may well be time to recall Holding to deal with Costa.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom