• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I have never seen a young midfield player that shows more laziness in defence than Maitland-Niles. I don't think he is talented enough to ignore that side of his game. Guendouzi is a bad defender right now too, but at least he tries so I can see some improvement in the future that I just can't with Maitland-Niles if he doesn't start trying harder.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
AMN had a good performance but Burnley offered very little going foward down his flank. So much so that even Bellerin would of played well against this lot.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

His attributes seem more suited to being an full-back imo and even didn't I don't think he'd be a starter. In terms of CM, I just don't see it in all honesty. Not here anyways, maybe for a lower PL side but not here. Just doesn't have enough about him. Does some good things but in other aspects there's just not a lot special about him. Perhaps he'd be a decent backup versatile option?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
His attributes seem more suited to being an full-back imo and even didn't I don't think he'd be a starter. In terms of CM, I just don't see it in all honesty. Not here anyways, maybe for a lower PL side but not here. Just doesn't have enough about him. Does some good things but in other aspects there's just not a lot special about him. Perhaps he'd be a decent backup versatile option?

People have been calling for him to play cm for a while for no reason whatsoever. He's athletic but is an absolute **** passer. He's lucky to be getting minutes at all. Neither Wenger or Emery have shown any inclination to play him in the middle yet people think they know better.

Newchange

This kid dominated Pogba & Matic @ OT last season. Using him all over the place is only harming his development. Think of the Ox. Finally started to play regular in midfield and began to kick in. AMN has all the attributes to be a solid b2b cm!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I have never seen a young midfield player that shows more laziness in defence than Maitland-Niles. I don't think he is talented enough to ignore that side of his game. Guendouzi is a bad defender right now too, but at least he tries so I can see some improvement in the future that I just can't with Maitland-Niles if he doesn't start trying harder.

I think so to

But it might just be his looks to some degree
Especially The eyes

And I vehemotly disagree about guendozi
He to looks lazy
Jogs back when he should be sprinting
Caught off position all The time
Goes down too easily

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People have been calling for him to play cm for a while for no reason whatsoever. He's athletic but is an absolute **** passer. He's lucky to be getting minutes at all. Neither Wenger or Emery have shown any inclination to play him in the middle yet people think they know better.
Wenger and Emery played him at FB because they had no other cover at the position. When Kolasinac was actually fit for cup games AMN got a chance in midfield. Here’s an explanation from Wenger if you don’t believe me:
“To be honest, I put him there in pre-season because sometimes we had no left footed players available there so I insisted with him.

“I think sometimes you have to start your career in a position that is not yours and to show that you can adapt. That develops a lot of qualities that are absolutely vital.

“Ainsley is a central midfield player and I hope that he will play in there at some stage and that he convinces there.

“Overall, when you’re a young player, you want to play. And no matter where you play, you play.

“You also develop other aspects [to your game], for example, up against the [touch] line he develops a short technique that will help him when he moves inside.”
It was the same with Diaby and Ramsey developing out wide before being trusted in the middle.

rich 1990

Wenger and Emery played him at FB because they had no other cover at the position. When Kolasinac was actually fit for cup games AMN got a chance in midfield. Here’s an explanation from Wenger if you don’t believe me:

It was the same with Diaby and Ramsey developing out wide before being trusted in the middle.
Yes and look how they turned out? Wouldn't place too much in what Wenger says. He bent the truth regularly.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yes and look how they turned out? Wouldn't place too much in what Wenger says. He bent the truth regularly.
Diaby had a career ravaged by injury and Ramsey became one of the best midfielders in the league at one stage. It doesn’t change my point either, playing in a foreign position as a youngster doesn’t mean you can’t become a CM later.

rich 1990

Diaby had a career ravaged by injury and Ramsey became one of the best midfielders in the league at one stage. It doesn’t change my point either, playing in a foreign position as a youngster doesn’t mean you can’t become a CM later.
Nothing indicates he'll become a cm at this point other then your pointless guess work. Nothing he does looks remotely applicable to being anything other then a useful wide player.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

?

Diaby would have ruled the CM position for years to come, if it wasnt for his injuries. Alongst Yaya the best box to box midfielder in terms of what he brings to the table I've seen in my life - at least for what one could truly see at times of what he would provide, if he'd play regularly

He was the missing link, the one we lacked in the coming years where he was sidelined constantly. I share the sentiment with Wenger that he's been the saddest thing within all those years

rich 1990

Yeah, we heard the same about Nelson when he played wingback as well. Look how that’s turned out.
Yeah not starting for Hasselhoff or whatever they're called with people not passing to him apparently:lol: He hasn't proved anything yet. Wouldn't put any money on any of our kids making it from what I've seen.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom