• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Because you sheep keep talking about it and ignoring the football.
Wenger in his later years started dropping huge hints of this at pressers etc. Everyone is forgetting the football and obsessed with all the crap that makes this sport unbearable at times.
:lol: There isn't any ****ing football! Besides, I'm rather enjoying this. No, seriously, I think this is a really interesting subject, and it's not half as boring as other political stuff you read on here because there's not much to it. The reason/excuse for justifying any kind of blatant hypocrisy (to put it mildly in this case) is always a great listen. Does one exist? So many questions.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ducking and diving like the rest of us? :lol:

Tell you what, if I'm overthinking it, then you're definitely under-thinking it!

And what's the narrative to try and slag him off? I think he's doing alright creating one all by himself, no?
You know this is your thing, and I have to say you’re very good at it.

Plugging away with subversive undermining posts to make him look bad. ‘He goes missing in games, spineless, can’t remember him doing anything at all in the Cup Finals, sucking off dictators . . .’

If you’d been working for Cameron in 2016 we wouldn’t be in this God awful mess.:lol:

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Also, you don't need to be bright to be a Turkish politician mate.
Hold my hands up bro, I hadn’t thought of that tbf. I was thinking of Boris Johnson, possibly our next Prime Minister here in the U.K. he’s from Turkish ancestors, (Ali Kemal) and he’s a devious as ****, the clever b*st*rd.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You know this is your thing, and I have to say you’re very good at it.

Plugging away with subversive undermining posts to make him look bad. He goes missing in games, spineless, can’t remember him doing anything at all in the Cup Finals, sucking off dictators . . .

If you’d been working for Cameron in 2016 we wouldn’t be in this God awful mess.:lol:
You give me way too much credit. There's no thought process behind this. It's all gifts.

Seriously, I want him gone like a lot of us (some of which are nice people) but this is nothing to do with the football side of things.

I don't want him gone any more or less because of it. Some do. I don't believe in footballers being role models, but if you're going to wear that suit, it'd better fit. It's looks terrible, no denying it. You know it does, no matter how you dress it. Makes no odds football wise though. Murder, rape, and kiddy fiddling aside, the rest is fine with me as long as you're doing it on the pitch. No, not the crimes ffs, playing well.

The photos are one thing, but they have photos with important people all the time. Do you think Erdogan would have felt put-out if he didn't receive an invite? Do you think he expected to be best man? Why did he feel obligated to invite him AND ask him to be best man ffs? It's like he was going all out to cause a stir. You'd even think Erdogan would have a friendly word and suggest it's probably not in Özil's his best interests :lol: You can't deny it's not interesting. As I said before, to be a fly on the wall when Özil and his wife chat about it.

Harz

What the F**K does this have to do with Arsenal Football though??
I've not been a Mesut fan for a while now but this political stuff is a load of crap.
I think Arsenal players must be classy.

If you ask me though, I would want Mesut out even without the whole befriending dictators shenanigans.

Harz

Hold my hands up bro, I hadn’t thought of that tbf. I was thinking of Boris Johnson, possibly our next Prime Minister here in the U.K. he’s from Turkish ancestors, (Ali Kemal) and he’s a devious as ****, the clever b*st*rd.
TIL

Wow, I had no idea Boris had Turkish great grandparents

It's truly a small world

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Because you sheep keep talking about it and ignoring the football.
Wenger in his later years started dropping huge hints of this at pressers etc. Everyone is forgetting the football and obsessed with all the crap that makes this sport unbearable at times.

Honestly, what is there left to say about Özil on the pitch that hasn't been said? Scroll back, any positive comments about him are referring to the Özil of 2,3 years ago.

I think the manner he walked off the pitch in the final says speaks more eloquently than we ever could (although let it be known I did see him run and tackle back in that game!!!)

Keown, Fabregas, Petit .... never seen so many negative comments about a currently serving player from ex-gunners. Isn't there some unwritten rule that you don't cross that line?

The footballing aspect of this Özil circus is soul-crushingly depressing TBH.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Ilkay is a minnow in comparison to Özil, wasn't going to get much blame either way
No, Gündogan is articulate and responded to the criticism in an adult and nuanced way. Özil did what he always does when he gets criticized. He sulked, hid and blamed those who criticized him. He doesn’t want to be held accountable.

I have said this before, how he reacted then is very close to how he seems to react to criticism from his coaches. When they make him accountable for his own ****ty performances. I am sure that is why he struggles under Emery.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No, Gündogan is articulate and responded to the criticism in an adult and nuanced way. Özil did what he always does when he gets criticized. He sulked, hid and blamed those who criticized him. He doesn’t want to be held accountable.

I have said this before, how he reacted then is very close to how he seems to react to criticism from his coaches. When they make him accountable for his own ****ty performances. I am sure that is why he struggles under Emery.
FWIW, Gundogan is not really in the same bracket as Özil, as @Furious said. He's a bit-part player at most. Özil has been major player wherever he used to play Madrid, Arsenal and Germany. Even Bremen.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

FWIW, Gundogan is not really in the same bracket as Özil, as @Furious said. He's a bit-part player at most. Özil has been major player wherever he used to play Madrid, Arsenal and Germany. Even Bremen.
You are missing my point. It’s not the stature of the player that caused the difference in reaction by the German press and public, it was how they reacted and how they behaved.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You are missing my point. It’s not the stature of the player that caused the difference in reaction by the German press and public, it was how they reacted and how they behaved.
That is because Özil is a much more integral player (or was at the time). He could have apologized, and he still would have been plastered all over the papers.

Everything would have been pretty much the same, except he would have been even more criticized for any more pictures with Erdogan.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I agree with this to some extent. Wenger was the football equivalent of the horse whisperer, constantly flattering their egos with encouragement and paternal compliments.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You give me way too much credit. There's no thought process behind this. It's all gifts.

Seriously, I want him gone like a lot of us (some of which are nice people) but this is nothing to do with the football side of things.

I don't want him gone any more or less because of it. Some do. I don't believe in footballers being role models, but if you're going to wear that suit, it'd better fit. It's looks terrible, no denying it. You know it does, no matter how you dress it. Makes no odds football wise though. Murder, rape, and kiddy fiddling aside, the rest is fine with me as long as you're doing it on the pitch. No, not the crimes ffs, playing well.

The photos are one thing, but they have photos with important people all the time. Do you think Erdogan would have felt put-out if he didn't receive an invite? Do you think he expected to be best man? Why did he feel obligated to invite him AND ask him to be best man ffs? It's like he was going all out to cause a stir. You'd even think Erdogan would have a friendly word and suggest it's probably not in Özil's his best interests :lol: You can't deny it's not interesting. As I said before, to be a fly on the wall when Özil and his wife chat about it.
Immigrants often have romantic ideas about the old country and his mother may have chipped away about his rich Turkish heritage. So he grows up, marries Miss Turkey, befriends the president and makes mamma proud.

There’s not much more to this, he’s a simple lad getting into political stuff over his head is all. Emery needs to find a way to bring out his talent if he’s staying. But it’s not easy when you have a team with some pretty average players in. And Emery doesn’t have the money to buy players like David Silva, Hazard, KDB and other talented players that could combine with Özil and make the team unplayable.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Immigrants often have romantic ideas about the old country and his mother may have chipped away about his rich Turkish heritage. So he grows up, marries Miss Turkey, befriends the president and makes mamma proud.

There’s not much more to this, he’s a simple lad getting into political stuff over his head is all. Emery needs to find a way to bring out his talent if he’s staying. But it’s not easy when you have a team with some pretty average players in. And Emery doesn’t have the money to buy players like David Silva, Hazard, KDB and other talented players that could combine with Özil and make the team unplayable.
Özil couldn't get into a team like that. This is his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom