• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Look how isolated Pepe is though. Look how poor our transitional play from defense to attack is. If we get a goalkick we basically ping it around the back line until we make a pass to a midfielder who gifts possession away because we have no options and get pressed to death inside our own half.

Yeah, Pepe was pretty bad anyway especially this game.

This was not my point at all on this discussion. Point was that it seems Yorch44 sees only Auba when watching our matches.

He said he is the only one creating danger and scoring, which is not true.

He has scored most of course, and he has been the striker too.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Laca is not on Auba's level............ it is unlikely he will ever hit league 20 goals a season under us. Laca also goes on long dry streaks while Auba rarely goes without scoring a goal for more than 3 games. If we sell Auba next summer I can guarantee you that we are screwed cause Laca will never come close to replacing Auba's goals.
100% agree. We had to bring Auba in only six months after signing Laca.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To me it's been rebuilt.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka Ramsey
Iwobi Özil Alexis
Lacazette

That's based on number of appearances in Wengers last season. We could be more to the point and take out Alexis and put in Aubameyang or Mkhitaryan. But based on the numbers that's who Wenger played the most in his last season.

Emerys Xi (imo)

Leno
Bellerin Holding Luiz Tierney
Willock Guendouzi
Pepe Ceballos Aubameyang
Lacazette

2 players remain in from Wengers XI. Its skewed slightly as Aubameyang was available to Wenger and Europa league suspension limited his appearances. Also two of the players I've selected havent played enough this season due to injury but there can be no doubt they will appear. Weve cut a lot of players as well from the Wenger era who didnt feature. Of course its subjective as well as it's my preferred Xi. Wed have to wait until the season end to get the exact appearances for each player.

The heart of the defence is an issue, hopefully Holdings return and Saliba next season goes some way to resolving that issue, another part of the post Wenger rebuild.
Hold it, not so fast. :lol:

Let’s list our current players in our published squad that were either bought by Wenger or spent at least a year developing under his tutelage.

Aubamayang, Özil, Kola, Bellerin, Saka, Willock, AMN, Holding, Lacazette, Nelson, Xhaka, Mustafi, Chambers, ESR, Mavropanos, Macey, That’s 16

The Emery regime have Sokratis, Torreira, Douzi, Luiz, Martinelli, Leno, Tierney, Pepe. That’s 8

I’m not counting Ceballos because he’s not an acquisition, he’s only here a few months.

So that’s only 8 players that Emery has bought to rebuild a squad, out of 25. And I would argue that Sokratis and Luiz are taking us backwards too.

So which ‘Emery’ players are having a real impact in taking us forward in the EPL, in a ‘progressive’ squad rebuild for the future . . Douzi for sure, Torreira not sure, Pepe when he comes good, Tierney, Leno.

I go back to my original post that the squad is in the process of a rebuild but not already rebuilt by Emery, much of the 25 man squad is still Wenger acquired, and Emery is just using players that Wenger would probably be using had he stayed. Sorry bro.

If you want to argue he’s using the squad differently, to how Wenger would have done. Fair enough. But it’s not a rebuilt squad at this stage after just over 12 months.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Difference is emery is meant to be pragmatic, how can you play like that if you are pragmatic, we know a big part of wengers problems was he let the team go out n play, he wanted them to work it out themselves.
Wenger's gone now, there’s no need to pedal that drivel anymore.

Wenger was obsessed with set plays and practised over and over again. What are set pieces like under Emery?

And Wenger’s build up play was meticulous. He was fanatical about xG and wouldn’t let players shoot unless the odds were that they’d score. It used to frustrate the fans when they’d all yell shoooooot, but Wenger had knocked it out of them because xG tells you you’ve got a very small chance of scoring from outside the box. They worked on constant recycling until the creative players like Santi/Özil could pick out a pass to unlock the defence.

And his quick transitional Wengerball was a joy to behold, and nothing like what we have now.

He never was a manager who said go out and do what you like, total boll*cks. He was a master tactician who made 20 years straight in the top 4 spending bottom half of the table for 9 of those years.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wenger was obsessed with set plays and practised over and over again. What are set pieces like under Emery?

And Wenger’s build up play was meticulous. He was fanatical about xG and wouldn’t let players shoot unless the odds were that they’d score. It used to frustrate the fans when they’d all yell shoooooot, but Wenger had knocked it out of them because xG tells you you’ve got a very small chance of scoring from outside the box. They worked on constant recycling until the creative players like Santi/Özil could pick out a pass to unlock the defence.

And his quick transitional Wengerball was a joy to behold, and nothing like what we have now.

He never was a manager who said go out and do what you like, total boll*cks. He was a master tactician who made 20 years straight in the top 4 spending bottom half of the table for 9 of those years.
Find yourselves someone who loves you like trax loves Wenger.

goonergaz

You are correct. They only had 10 Shots on Target, 31 Shots overall. I still dislike the direction Emery is taking us, but let's get the stats right.

Even so only one or two needed a decent save. Stats don't tell the whole story...they only scored because of the poor clearance and the penalty. Remember, at half-time they were 2-0 down at home with nothing to lose whereas Arsenal were 2-0 up with something to hold...it's like the worst case scenario when you have a rubbish defense.

For me, the biggest issue is the lack of closing players down...that's inviting the shots which is making the stats look so bad.

goonergaz

Yeah, it was great - but the last 5/6 years was not...it was awful, there was a slow decline in the quality of our football and it was no longer enjoyable to watch...I don't quite understand where it all went wrong with Wenger because (as you say) 'Wengerball'.

goonergaz

Exactly! This is manager stuff... this is where you see if manager has a clue or don’t. But most of people doesn’t know enough about football to realize it and then they say “we are 4th” “we did not lose” ... results without a plan and a proper system is opportunism, not a consequence of the good work.

A good manager brings the best of his players, thanks to a good team work and system... even if they are limited... a bad one needs the best players to play for themselves because he has not clue about it.

Surely the players have a role in this? When I see Laca play he puts a shift in, if all players had his attitude we'd be in a much better position.

Pepes blue pill

You wrote all the bs for what, where have I once said anything against his football? what the hell did you read? are you on drugs? u need some help? I long for wengerball

And finally I cant be assed but if you search im sure you will find more than one player basically saying what I said

And in order to save you time I will just let you know if you respond and its in length I wont read it all as that last post was full of stuff that had nothing to do with what I had said

Truly Bizarre

goonergaz

I am not talking about dumb goals... Dixon didn’t... did you watch the video?
The analysis talks about the way the team approach every play without the ball.

Yes, teams will have errors every game but top teams like you say are solid, we don’t. Don’t put words I didn’t say. If you are going to defend Emery do it with football analysis, talk about the way he defend or attack and how those tactics are working and why... if the way to defend Emery is talking about someone else errors then I don’t see any argument in that.

The problem I have with aiming this complaint against the manager is that during his interviews (before his first season started) he specifically said that Arsenal needed to do more work when they didn't have the ball.

As such I believe he's trying and some of the players are actually pulling into line, but some are not...and that is the issue.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, it was great - but the last 5/6 years was not...it was awful, there was a slow decline in the quality of our football and it was no longer enjoyable to watch...I don't quite understand where it all went wrong with Wenger because (as you say) 'Wengerball'.
What went wrong is when the campaign against him,about 4th not being a trophy, really ramped up after 15/16 season, coming 2nd, Wenger doubted himself and started to change his style. It was quite noticeable at times watching the team sit back against City, hoping to catch them in the break. That wasn’t Wenger. He gave in to the social media trolls. And when the memes, protests and planes hit the games it was all over. We had two years of decline and nervousness.

Wenger should have gone earlier.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You wrote all the bs for what, where have I once said anything against his football? what the hell did you read? are you on drugs? u need some help? I long for wengerball

And finally I cant be assed but if you search im sure you will find more than one player basically saying what I said

And in order to save you time I will just let you know if you respond and its in length I wont read it all as that last post was full of stuff that had nothing to do with what I had said

Truly Bizarre
What? You said, ‘we know a big part of wengers problems was he let the team go out n play, he wanted them to work it out themselves’.

Of course loads think the same. It doesn’t mean it’s true. Millions think Trump is a great guy! :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom