• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Unfortunately but not going to happen and based on whom I think Arteta wants in the team

*Player values as per transfer market

OUT
Guendouzi - 50m
Lacazette - 70m
Maitland Niles -18m
Sokratis -18m
Kolasinac - 20m
Holding - 12m
Elneny - 10m
Mavraponas - 3m
Mykhtarian - 25m

WONT STAY BUT WANT
Aubameyang - 70m

TOTAL - 296m

WILL STAY BUT DONT WANT
Özil - make him rot in the reserves

SIGN CONTRACT
Saka
Soares

IN
Ceballos - 40m
Pablo - 6m
Saliba - 0m
Partey - 50m
Upamecamo - 60m
Grealish - 60m
Lemar - 30m
Dembele - 40m

Total - 286m
Remaining 10m to let Özil rot in reserves

GK - Leno, Martinez
LB - Bellerin, Soares
RCB - Upamecamo, Mustafi, Chambers
LCB - Saliba, Pablo, Luis
RB - Tierney, Saka
DCM - Partey, Torreira
BtoBM - Xhaka, Ceballos
AM - Grealish, Smith Rowe, Willock
LW - Lemar, Martinez
RW - Pepe, Nielsen
ST - Dembele, Nketiah

Transfer market is not in anyway accurate to actual player purchases and sales.

Lacazette, Sokratis, and Miki are listed way above their actual price. Lacazette be lucky to get 40m. Sokratis 5m. Miki maximum 10m. Kolasinac over priced too probably more accurate 12-15m.

ChefMan21

Changed my last wishlist a bit assuming no Europe. Over the next 2-3 windows. Also that we'd lose one of Laca or PEA, plus Özil, Mkhi, Xhaka, Mustafi, Sokratis, and El Neny in coming seasons. Recognises that we'd have to be a bit clever in the market.

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=v6nx9

Perhaps not a huge amount of goals upfront, but I'm hoping that 5-man midfield can create a few chances while scoring a few of their own.

To the ins...
Central defence
  • Tah. I like him, think he has lots of upside, experienced, and is ready for the step up. Over his career he has shown to be big, strong, good in the air, and uses his size well.
  • Saliba. is coming so I don't need to make a case for him (which to be fair, is what this thread is about)
  • Lascelles. boring signing. Safe signing. A signing that we know works in the league, so why argue? We need CB's that can do the job, end of. This is a risk management signing.

Midfield
  • Tonali. The biggest thing I like about him? He's quick between the ears. He's compared to Pirlo often enough, which is interesting, and I've liked him in the games I've seen. He also solves a problem of not having a good link between defence and attack. His passing range and quality are fantastic, and he is competent at defence (although not brilliant).
  • Puig. I was impressed with him when he played against us in the preseason and he's another who has that characteristic I will always love: being quick between the ears. Not concerned about his size because of how well he handled us, and he's shown some quality at Barcelona in the games he's played, so I'd grab him before his value (potentially) skyrockets.
  • Milinkovic-Savic. a big body in midfield to give us a presence, which we've lacked for years. Can score goals, great link between PEA and the midfield, etc. It will also give Man Utd the ****s if we get him, because they want him, so perhaps that's enough of a case on its own. :)
  • Gueye. not listed at the link but I'd get him and loan him back out like we did with Saliba. It's a nice approach: they can grow without having the Premier League scrutiny. Others have made the case around attack but I also love that he brings some size: imagine looking up and seeing him and Milinkovic-Savic?
Goalkeeper
  • Lafont. just a good, talented, backup to Leno. Always feel we're a bit short with just Martinez and Leno on the books as regular-enough first-teamers.
Rest is fairly self-explanatory: bring youngsters in, rotate with existing players, etc. Side pictured doesn't necessarily have to be the starting side: I just used it to highlight how it might look if the new signings were incorporated (not faded out like the backups on Lineup Builder).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I've gotten over the idea of Zaha now unless it is for a cut-down price.

In: Koulibailly, Soares, Salibah, Dacoure, Ceballos, O. Dembele

Out: Sokratis, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Xhaka, AMN, Özil, Mkhi, Lacazette

--------------------------------Leno
-----------------Koulibailly--------------Mari
--Bellerin-------------------------------------Tierney
--------------------Torreria--Ceballos
----------------------------Dacoure
--------Pepe---------------Auba------------Dembele

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I've gotten over the idea of Zaha now unless it is for a cut-down price.

In: Koulibailly, Soares, Salibah, Dacoure, Ceballos, O. Dembele

Out: Sokratis, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Xhaka, AMN, Özil, Mkhi, Lacazette

--------------------------------Leno
-----------------Koulibailly--------------Mari
--Bellerin-------------------------------------Tierney
--------------------Torreria--Ceballos
----------------------------Dacoure
--------Pepe---------------Auba------------Dembele

Do you have any idea about football?

benjamin86

Established Member
Thuram would be very useful for us, he can play LW or CF, he's quick, tall and a good dribbler.
A front 3 of Martinelli, Thuram and Pepe could be pretty interesting with Thuram and Martinelli exchanging LW and CF positions.

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
So why arent Mbappe, Casimiero, maybe even Verrati on that list? You choose Docoure over Casimiero and Dembele over Mbappe?
To be fair i think most people in this thread use the wishlist as players they could sign on Fifa or Football Manager and Mbappe etc arn't coming even in a video game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To be fair i think most people in this thread use the wishlist as players i could sign on Fifa or Football Manager and Mbappe etc arn't coming even in a video game.

Neither are Koulibally and Dembele hence my question.

Normally people are quite realistic with their wish lists.

benjamin86

Established Member
Neither are Koulibally and Dembele hence my question.

Normally people are quite realistic with their wish lists.
Did he say which Dembele? There's so many! Barca one definitely no, Lyon would we could sign but he'd cost 40-50m and i don't think he's worth that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Did he say which Dembele? There's so many! Barca one definitely no, Lyon would we could sign but he'd cost 40-50m and i don't think he's worth that.

If you are going to try and defend someone go and look what they said. They said O. DEMBELE. Not M. DEMBELE.

My reaction was because it it was meant to be a realistic wish list it isnt anyway realistic. If the OP now says oh it is just a random wishlist or dream list then of all the players you could dream of you wouldnt have Doucoure in that team.

All I'm trying to say is as Arsenal fans let's get abit realistic with where the club is and what the club can do not spouting rubbish about signing players we haven't a hope in hell of signing for a number of reasons.

truth_hurts

So why arent Mbappe, Casimiero, maybe even Verrati on that list? You choose Docoure over Casimiero and Dembele over Mbappe?

Why did you not mention Messi, Ronaldo and Van Dijk?

Are you an over thinker in life or just in this forum. Please respond. I can't wait....

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why did you not mention Messi, Ronaldo and Van Dijk?

Are you an over thinker in life or just in this forum. Please respond. I can't wait....

One thing I know is your not a thinker nevermind an over thinker if you think we can sign Koulibally and Dembele. Where was the rational? What are we going to sign them with monopoly money?

benjamin86

Established Member
If you are going to try and defend someone go and look what they said. They said O. DEMBELE. Not M. DEMBELE.

My reaction was because it it was meant to be a realistic wish list it isnt anyway realistic. If the OP now says oh it is just a random wishlist or dream list then of all the players you could dream of you wouldnt have Doucoure in that team.

All I'm trying to say is as Arsenal fans let's get abit realistic with where the club is and what the club can do not spouting rubbish about signing players we haven't a hope in hell of signing for a number of reasons.
Half heartedly defending, which is why i couldn't be bothered to look for his post.

What's your wishlist?
For me in order of position we need to fill.
1. B2B dynamic midfielder / CF to replace Aubameyang if he's sold
2. CB to partner Saliba
3. Another dynamic midfielder

I'm not super sure on personnel but for the dynamic midfielder 2 of anyone like Pape Gueye, Ibrahim Sangare, Zakaria, Suat Serdar, Eduardo Camavinga (possibly to unrealistic)
CF - Thuram, Osimhen, Jonathan David
CB - Gabriel, Konate and Upmecano are probably unrealistic.

truth_hurts

One thing I know is your not a thinker nevermind an over thinker if you think we can sign Koulibally and Dembele. Where was the rational? What are we going to sign them with monopoly money?

Even over thinking responses. Good night.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Half heartedly defending, which is why i couldn't be bothered to look for his post.

What's your wishlist?
For me in order of position we need to fill.
1. B2B dynamic midfielder / CF to replace Aubameyang if he's sold
2. CB to partner Saliba
3. Another dynamic midfielder

I'm not super sure on personnel but for the dynamic midfielder 2 of anyone like Pape Gueye, Ibrahim Sangare, Zakaria, Suat Serdar, Eduardo Camavinga (possibly to unrealistic)
CF - Thuram, Osimhen, Jonathan David
CB - Gabriel, Konate and Upmecano are probably unrealistic.

For me I think we need:

CB
DCM who is very mobile and can get about the pitch.
STR because Auba will leave.

We need to sell:

AMN- doesnt seen in Artetas plans
Sokratis as above
Holding
Chambers
Mustafi
Kolasinac (if Saka signs contract)
Miki.

We have lots of centre backs but all of the same quality. We need to get rid of 3 or 4 and bring in at least 1 top quality centre back and have Mari/Luiz/Saliba and this top CB for 2 places.

Who. I have no idea. But they will have to come from abroad as in the premier league the players I think could improve us wont come or will be too expensive.

DCM I would like someone like Ndidi. Personally I think he is unrealistic but someone in that mould.

As a striker could take a punt on Dembele from Lyon but as you say the price would be a lot and I'm not convinced. Not convinced on Timo Werner either and he would have other suitors than us.

Basically we need to follow Dortmunds model for a few years and get these players earlier. We dont have the money or the attraction without CL.

Would also like to sign Ceballos if he can be bought for 35m or less.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom