• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If anyone deserves a first team call up in midfield its Matt Smith, I like Azeez a lot but all this hype that he's getting could ruin him before he's even started. If we had any real preseason then I would like to see how Azeez fairs against men but until then he probably needs a loan or another seaon of u23 football.
I agree, but he's so under the radar that I don't think he's even being considered. Which is a shame as he's one of the few midfielders we have who can reliably move the ball forward consistently.

Azeez had the club-sanctioned interview with Balague, and the team willing to part ways with a gaggle of midfielders. If it was up to me, Smith would be in with a shout, but Azeez has more athleticism and a more rounded game so it makes sense that they want to fast-track him. I just don't think he's ready for him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ahh yes. He's too fast, too agile, too strong, puts the top wingers of the league in his pocket. We can't find a use for him, let's sell him to fund a purchase for a slow, weak one trick pony who lacks technical quality. Sounds about right.

What a weird comment. You're acting as if he's one of the best right backs in the league. He's pretty average.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ahh yes. He's too fast, too agile, too strong, puts the top wingers of the league in his pocket. We can't find a use for him, let's sell him to fund a purchase for a slow, weak one trick pony who lacks technical quality. Sounds about right.
He’s not Spanish. This forum hates most of the local boys.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Ni

Because those who loves the local boys ****s on the other lads constantly. So it evens out

Insert Gordon Ramsey "Oh Dear vs. ****ing Donkey" meme right here

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Weird comment, kid doesn't want to play RB and hasn't shown anything to suggest he should play midfield.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Oh look, the racists are out in full.

AMN can only play RB because he’s black.

Forum is going downhill.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Which is strange to me because you can argue that the English are producing way more talented players than the Spanish are right now. Honestly speaking, I don't think Cellabos would start for the England squad in 2022.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Well of course he'd say that, he's not going to say I'd only play CM, just like Aubameyang says he's happy on the left when it's obvious he'd rather play striker. Difference is one's established in that position.

I'm just saying if AMN wanted a successful Arsenal career he'd listen to his coaches.

I just think it’s unfair to just assume he has a bad attitude. He’s on the bench most times & there hasn’t been a serious falling out with arteta that’s been leaked. Players state their playing preference all the time...

FinnGooner

Established Member

Well if Arteta doesn’t want him we should sell him and raise funds to buy player(s) he does actually want.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Weird comment, kid doesn't want to play RB and hasn't shown anything to suggest he should play midfield.

It's not about where he plays. It's about the traits that he has. If he is capable of stopping the best wingers in the league in a position he doesn't even like, maybe give him a chance somewhere he likes to play and see what he can do. If he can't do it, then you sell him. Yet we are literally going to sell him without giving him a chance.

We give multiple opportunities to players who flat out lose us matches, time and time again.

It's not even a joke. Xhaka single handedly put a massive dent of our Champions league opportunity last season with his penalty give away. The same penalty give away he has repeatedly done. There are so many mistakes that Mustafi, Kolasinac and Luiz have made also. Guendouzi was played through a terrible run of form. Özil has been absent for years.

AMN has not been given a fair chance. It's not like Iwobi where he had more than enough time to show and product. You can literally count on one hand how many times he has played in midfield. That's not something you can judge someone positively or negatively on ina conclusive manner. It's just ridiculous that he won't even get thr chance.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

AMN is getting hounded out of the club. He should be the least of our worries.

The decision making at the club is horrendous. Bellerin should be flogged and AMN can take his spot.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I agree, but he's so under the radar that I don't think he's even being considered. Which is a shame as he's one of the few midfielders we have who can reliably move the ball forward consistently.

Azeez had the club-sanctioned interview with Balague, and the team willing to part ways with a gaggle of midfielders. If it was up to me, Smith would be in with a shout, but Azeez has more athleticism and a more rounded game so it makes sense that they want to fast-track him. I just don't think he's ready for him.
By the way, I am not in anyways trying to pit them up against each other, I realise you're more knowledgeable on youth players than I am. My argument is that I think Smith answers a problem the midfield has. A lack of creativity. Albeit he plays deep, he is capable of creative passes from deep that neither Xhaka or Cellabos has shown. Now while I'm a fan of Azeez, he's more of the Guendouzi mould. He's clearly talented but at this moment of time he has no standout attribute that anwers problems in our midfield. Yes, he's more athletic but not by a huge margin. If the club does fast-track him, I'll be happy for him and he'll most likely be one of my favourites but I hope we don't sleep on Smith. He could be a very welcomed prospect.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Our fans give the board way too much credit thinking it’s a plan to get players arteta wants...That would be great but it just never happens. We still end up looking for frees/loans because we’ll sell him for £5.50

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I just think it’s unfair to just assume he has a bad attitude. He’s on the bench most times & there hasn’t been a serious falling out with arteta that’s been leaked. Players state their playing preference all the time...

I agree with this. At least he’s showing some ambition and wants to start here but I think it’s unfair that people are making assumptions him.

I remember he came out a few weeks back and said he’s willing to play wherever the manager wants him,

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He has a hard-on for average midfielders who have very good athletic traits but are mostly **** at the football bit.

So Xhaka and Torreira? If anyone need to be sold it’s them tbf. The pair has been given LOADS of chances, but I honestly couldn’t tell you what they’re actually good at and neither have the base of athletic ability AMN has to dominate midfield in the EPL.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It's not about where he plays. It's about the traits that he has. If he is capable of stopping the best wingers in the league in a position he doesn't even like, maybe give him a chance somewhere he likes to play and see what he can do. If he can't do it, then you sell him. Yet we are literally going to sell him without giving him a chance.

We give multiple opportunities to players who flat out lose us matches, time and time again.

It's not even a joke. Xhaka single handedly put a massive dent of our Champions league opportunity last season with his penalty give away. The same penalty give away he has repeatedly done. There are so many mistakes that Mustafi, Kolasinac and Luiz have made also. Guendouzi was played through a terrible run of form. Özil has been absent for years.

AMN has not been given a fair chance. It's not like Iwobi where he had more than enough time to show and product. You can literally count on one hand how many times he has played in midfield. That's not something you can judge someone positively or negatively on ina conclusive manner. It's just ridiculous that he won't even get thr chance.

Wenger, Emery and Arteta have all rated him at the full back position, non at CM so it tells me he's not good enough there. What does him stopping top wingers at full back have to do with him being able to play CM? He's just quick and powerful, nothing more to it.

Also for others, this isn't about hounding him out, it's about cashing in on a player while he still has decent value. You lot would cry if we kept him as a squadie and sold him for dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom