• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I would like him to stay but if he wants to leave then obviously it makes sense as we aren’t playing him. I hope our fans don’t make this about him having a poor attitude though when there’s no evidence of that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mitch, you forgot to log out of your alt account again.

Why is that? Because I called out Bellerin. He’s dreadful and needs to leave Arsenal ASAP.

Football is not about good personalities off the pitch.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

AMN is one of those players you keep imo. You can’t expect to get rid of 10 players in one window.

Not happening.
Its the perfect time if we are not in Europe next season, no point in delaying until next year imo

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The overrating of academy prospects has no limits. AMN not rated in midfield by three managers yet he can be the answer to our problems. Only seen as a utility 2nd/3rd choice fullback by three managers but he’s better than our starters.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Its the perfect time if we are not in Europe next season, no point in delaying until next year imo

You know it’s not happening ffs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we go into the season with the same defence we have from this campaign and just with the addition of Saliba.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
A lot of people who say "drop xyz player" would also be the ones hounding out said players and the manager if they didn't play well enough.

Can't win with some of you, really.

A like Ainsley, but if he's asked to leave, sell him for a good price, put a buy back or sell on in there and move forward.

There's a big difference between a sellable asset (AMN) and someone you want to sell (Özil, Mustafi, etc.).
Yeah, this. I don't want him to go at all, but at the end of the day he has good value and he already wants to leave now. I don't blame him for wanting to leave either, as he needs to play. He'll have good suitors, and we'll get at least £15m for him, and that's that!

I agree with @The_Playmaker to a large extent though. He is a player who fits the profile that we perhaps need more of in the squad, and losing him means losing another player who has pace, can dribble and can play both centrally and outwide. I don't care how much people rate him at RB, we should have given him more game time at CM considering the slow, plodding performances we've seen in that position over the last few years, so from that POV, it isn't really very fair that he was never given the proper chance. That said, I do feel that AMN made matters worse with his lack of humility over it and this has likely led to him wanting to leave in the first place.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think it's a real shame because he could become a really good right back and he's an Arsenal lad

If he wants to go it's because Arteta has indicated he isn't going to start here so it's fair enough
Hope we get a good fee and wish him good lucb

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You know it’s not happening ffs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we go into the season with the same defence we have from this campaign and just with the addition of Saliba.
Then the club will be pis5ing more cash away in that case.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Wenger, Emery and Arteta have all rated him at the full back position, non at CM so it tells me he's not good enough there. What does him stopping top wingers at full back have to do with him being able to play CM? He's just quick and powerful, nothing more to it.

Also for others, this isn't about hounding him out, it's about cashing in on a player while he still has decent value. You lot would cry if we kept him as a squadie and sold him for dust.

he was starting to get games in midfield towards the end with Wenger if I remember right? I'm not convinced he'd be a better midfielder than fullback, but would have liked to see him get a run of games there to see what he could offer, even if it was just for Europa and cup games, but he obviously wasn't able to win the trust of his managers for whatever reason..

Selling him seems to be for the best at this point, just hope we are able to get 20m+ at least.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
he was starting to get games in midfield towards the end with Wenger if I remember right? I'm not convinced he'd be a better midfielder than fullback, but would have liked to see him get a run of games there to see what he could offer, even if it was just for Europa and cup games, but he obviously wasn't able to win the trust of his managers for whatever reason..

Selling him seems to be for the best at this point, just hope we are able to get 20m+ at least.
He's had some excellent performances in relatively high profile games. Good age, relatively good experience. £20m really should be a given. I would be very reluctant to accept less. Think Newcastle might even look to bring him in with their new cash injection.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bellerin's been good lately so not sure why people are still knocking him so much.

It's the cool thing to do, gets you a lot of likes.

Hector is certainly upgradable and is not the hot prospect he once was, but having given Cedric a 4 year deal that's the position set for at least another year.

There's a lot more to worry about with our centerback and central midfield/chance creation before we get to the rightback position.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bellerin's been good lately so not sure why people are still knocking him so much.

Personally, I don’t think he’s good enough and he’s one of the players that are holding us back plus there are much better options available on the market.

Pepe is suffering on the right and Bellerin is one of the issues for this imo.

LG10

Can only be on board with this if the money is good. Liverpool get 20M+ for dross, a top talent like AMN should be going for 25 at least.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You’re mistaken.

I’m clearly just stating facts and it’s obvious to see that we can upgrade in that position. We’re having major issues to create chances and that comes down to the lack of quality in the middle and on the right side, most of our best play comes from the left where Tierney/Saka/Auba drift out to.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Personally, I don’t think he’s good enough and he’s one of the players that are holding us back plus there are much better options available on the market.

Pepe is suffering on the right and Bellerin is one of the issues for this imo.
Bellerin is someone I consider to be upgradeable but he's not really a player I consider to be a huge problem. The problem is really that we don't have a young back-up challenging him - we have Cedric who I'm not convinced by. Yeah, AMN could be argued to be the better full-back (I wouldn't argue that personally) but his long term future is elsewhere.

I like Jayden Bogle and Denzel Dumfries as options. Aarons is a little overrated IMO. Either way, RB is sown up.

Hector is certainly upgradable and is not the hot prospect he once was, but having given Cedric a 4 year deal that's the position set for at least another year.

There's a lot more to worry about with our centerback and central midfield/chance creation before we get to the rightback position.
Yeah, RB is set. I don't really like RB much either, I think that's a spot that we're gonna need to upgrade sooner than we think. I'm not crazy about Cedric just yet, and Bellerin is Bellerin. But I think people go overboard with Bellerin because he likes androgynous clothes and is a vegan. I don't think he's had great performances of late either but he's obviously had a difficult time getting back to his best after an ACL rupture. He's started to look better in the last few weeks and put in some decent performances. I don't really know what more people want! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom