• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our fans give the board way too much credit thinking it’s a plan to get players arteta wants...That would be great but it just never happens. We still end up looking for frees/loans because we’ll sell him for £5.50

I mean FFs. We just extended David Luiz for a year. He looked like he didn't give a **** against Sp**s and was one step from picking up another red. We gave Cedric a 4 year contract at 29 because he trains well. We have barely seen him play. Selling AMN when he has 3 years left at the age of 22 is ridiculous.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think some fans don't realise how crap some of our players are. Sell as many as you can and reinvest, this is a no brainer. Do you want to back up the table or not?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So Xhaka and Torreira? If anyone need to be sold it’s them. They’ve been given LOADS of chances, but I honestly couldn’t tell you what they’re actually good at and neither have the base of athletic ability AMN has.

Bellerin
Kolasinac
Torreira
Mustafi
Elneny
Luiz
Sokratis
Mari
Holding
Chambers
Lacazette

And our first priority is to get rid of AMN.

:lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Reading this last page has wound me up a bit, I don't have the best football knowledge but some of you can be so thick at times. :lol:

No, we just realise the dreadful decisions that the club is making.

Raul and Vinai must have been high as **** when they offered Mari and Cedric 4 year deals plus that Luiz extension.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger, Emery and Arteta have all rated him at the full back position, non at CM so it tells me he's not good enough there. What does him stopping top wingers at full back have to do with him being able to play CM? He's just quick and powerful, nothing more to it.

Also for others, this isn't about hounding him out, it's about cashing in on a player while he still has decent value. You lot would cry if we kept him as a squadie and sold him for dust.

Being able to win 1v1 duels is the modern game in central midfield. It's not just about how many pretty turns and triangles you can make. Can you out run your opponent for 90. Can you run past them and push them back, can you recover when they move.

You know what we have in Ceballos and Xhaka? Two midfielders who are incapable of winning duels for 90 minutes. Winks and Lo Celso said we will take you 1v1, because you are not going to run past us, you will just pass it side to side in front of us.

The modern game calls for more of that and if we sell a 22 year old who is immature but could mature Iif used correctly to purchase what? Marc Roca? Someone who can ping a ball, but can't run, can't defend, can't win battles and run away from players. Nah not for me. I dont like where this is heading. There should be players forced out of the door before AMN.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wenger, Emery and Arteta have all rated him at the full back position, non at CM so it tells me he's not good enough there. What does him stopping top wingers at full back have to do with him being able to play CM? He's just quick and powerful, nothing more to it.

Also for others, this isn't about hounding him out, it's about cashing in on a player while he still has decent value. You lot would cry if we kept him as a squadie and sold him for dust.
That doesn't mean they were/are right though, does it? His best position remains CM IMO, and should he leave, I predict he will prove that to be correct.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ainsley wants to leave and now we'll sell him? What a terrible decision!

Who said Ainsley wanted to leave?

And tbf I would have wanted to leave too if I see a dud like Bellerin getting selected for every game.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Our fans give the board way too much credit thinking it’s a plan to get players arteta wants...That would be great but it just never happens. We still end up looking for frees/loans because we’ll sell him for £5.50

I guess we’ll see about that. I’m pretty sure the board tries to give Arteta the players he wants within the existing financial frame. Why wouldn’t they? But in any case, it’s pretty clear Artrta doesn’t see AMN as a significant piece in his system. Or if Arteta really wants to keep AMN but still doesn’t play him, then he must be an idiot. But since I don’t consider him as an idiot, I assume he would be OK with selling AMN to fund other buys.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
A lot of people who say "drop xyz player" and "play the young ones!" would also be the ones hounding out said players and the manager if they didn't play well enough.

Can't win with some of you, really.

I like Ainsley, but if he's asked to leave, sell him for a good price, put a buy back or sell on in there and move forward.

There's a big difference between a sellable asset (AMN) and someone you want to sell (Özil, Mustafi, etc.).

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Being able to win 1v1 duels is the modern game in central midfield. It's not just about how many pretty turns and triangles you can make. Can you out run your opponent for 90. Can you run past them and push them back, can you recover when they move.

You know what we have in Ceballos and Xhaka? Two midfielders who are incapable of winning duels for 90 minutes. Winks and Lo Celso said we will take you 1v1, because you are not going to run past us, you will just pass it side to side in front of us.

The modern game calls for more of that and if we sell a 22 year old who is immature but could mature Iif used correctly to purchase what? Marc Roca? Someone who can ping a ball, but can't run, can't defend, can't win battles and run away from players. Nah not for me. I dont like where this is heading. There should be players forced out of the door before AMN.

You post some good stuff sometimes but you're off the mark here mate. You and I both know there's so much more to being a midfielder than what you've just suggested.

Plus your last sentence is again bizarre, Ainsley wants to leave because it's been suggested to him by 3 great coaches he's a better wing back and he disagrees. We're selling him now because his value you is highest not because he's highest on the get rid pecking order.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

No, we just realise the dreadful decisions that the club is making.

Raul and Vinai must have been high as **** when they offered Mari and Cedric 4 year deals plus that Luiz extension.
We arent disputing that, fact is them deals are done. What does keeping AMN do for us?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

That doesn't mean they were/are right though, does it? His best position remains CM IMO, and should he leave, I predict he will prove that to be correct.

Well I'm basing my opinion on people who know way more about football than me. Sure I might be wrong but that doesn't change the fact Arteta doesn't rate him there and nows a perfect time to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom