• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 945,687
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You see that and you think: I should become a parasitic leech football agent.

All you need is Whatsapp and a suit.

Dog eat dog world though, get a good client and before you know it there’s a hundred other piranhas after him.

I will say you need a bit of charm and the gift of the gab to get ahead.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully this turns out better than your last CM endorsement in Torreira, mate.

e35.png

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aouar is a really smart player, he played in his first season as a Left Winger and as a DLP. It won't be an issue for him to play next to Xhaka on the right side of our midfield.
But I'd like to see us go back to the Wenger way of having a playmaker as a left winger. And Aouar/Saka/Willian would be perfect for that.

I've made this point before. All of his best football comes from the left. That's where he prefers to play. That is the most effective position for him.

Watching Arsenal we are learning more and more about Arteta. There are consistent themes. Patterns of play playing from the back but also other things like a LCB, and left footed dm, as well.

One of the most important things is that he has moved away from 5 up 5 down and seems to have gone for 6 up and 4 down. That means we have a box of four that doesn't move. We cannot have Aouar as part of that box as he wants to be closer to goal.

Xhaka/Cebalos----Partey
Gabriel---Luiz/Saliba

That would be the best box. The rest of the team rocks around that, whether it's a 3 at the back or 4.

4 2 3 1

---------------Auba
Aouar------Willian-----Saka/Pepe
---------Xhaka/Ceballos-Partey
Tierney-Gabriel-Luiz- -Bellerin/AMN

We have to get used to having good players. Not everyone will start, but we need players to effect the game.

Having quality coming off the bench is very important.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I've made this point before. All of his best football comes from the left. That's where he prefers to play. That is the most effective position for him.

Watching Arsenal we are learning more and more about Arteta. There are consistent themes. Patterns of play playing from the back but also other things like a LCB, and left footed dm, as well.

One of the most important things is that he has moved away from 5 up 5 down and seems to have gone for 6 up and 4 down. That means we have a box of four that doesn't move. We cannot have Aouar as part of that box as he wants to be closer to goal.

Xhaka/Cebalos----Partey
Gabriel---Luiz/Saliba

That would be the best box. The rest of the team rocks around that, whether it's a 3 at the back or 4.

4 2 3 1

---------------Auba

We have to get used to having good players. Not everyone will start, but we need players to effect the game.

I think in terms of the longer term plan Auba will 100% move up front after this season. We'll move to a 433/4231 more regularly when we have the correct midfielders.

Like you say Aouar plays from the left, so in a 433 he'd be the LCM, can also play as the LW/LF in 343 and LM like Santi in 4231. Very flexible player which is what Arteta wants.

Still think the key to everything is Thomas Partey. Xhaka/Ceballos - Partey in a 343 is so elite.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So this likely to happen last week of window leaving everything late is risky hope our club don't mess up

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka/Cebalos----Partey
Gabriel---Luiz/Saliba

4 2 3 1

---------------Auba

I think the main thing we learnt is that Arteta is good at identifying different players’ strengths and playing to them. Or maybe to mitigate their weaknesses, if you will. He’s very flexible in that sense.

Aouar could come in and play LCM in a 4-3-3. In attack he’d push forward and take up the space that AMN occupies in the current setup, as Tierney would likely plaw LB and work the corridor. That would allow us to keep the other mids as two of the four holding.

Depending on who’s RB and RW I think we could see different setups as to who stays back as part of the four.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Has this been here? I really think we should first get this guy. Much better value for money, Partey 5 years older & has to go to ACN.

We have Xhaka & Ceballos already who can play the more defensive roles.

Aouar would build on our French-speaking core in a great way, attracting more French players later.

Like I said, Aouar has that star sparkle and potential to match. Not too bad experience either at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom