• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
Ødegaard gets his head up and looks for the final pass as soon as he gets the ball, like Fabregas used to. ESR doesn't do that, he almost always goes for the quick one touch pass to the nearest player and moves into space. Different styles of play, that's all.
No context given for this statement, so the assumption is that this is a negative; it is not. ESR has already anticipated the next play, hence the reason why he can play one touch football. This is cognitive superiority; you cannot teach this. It is fast football. Ødegaard cannot do this as well.

ESR is not only capable of making the final pass, which he has already shown, he uses his acceleration to create separation and force the next defender in front of him to commit. This opens up the space needed for his “ killer pass” to go through safely. Ødegaard cannot create separation, he cannot get away from his mark, so the defense in front does not need to commit. He’ll have more passes intercepted because he must thread the needle while under pressure. He’ll also pass back more because he is not confident in turning and running. He needs wide open space.

Watch ESR you tube videos to get a better understanding of what he really does.

Pyres7

No context given for this statement, so the assumption is that this is a negative; it is not. ESR has already anticipated the next play, hence the reason why he can play one touch football. This is cognitive superiority; you cannot teach this. It is fast football. Ødegaard cannot do this as well.

ESR is not only capable of making the final pass, which he has already shown, he uses his acceleration to create separation and force the next defender in front of him to commit. This opens up the space needed for his “ killer pass” to go through safely. Ødegaard cannot create separation, he cannot get away from his mark, so the defense in front does not need to commit. He’ll have more passes intercepted because he must thread the needle while under pressure. He’ll also pass back more because he is not confident in turning and running. He needs wide open space.
The statement was neither positive or negative, I was literally just comparing their styles of play.

Not sure what you're on about though. Would you say ESR is 'cognitively superior' to Bergkamp or Fabregas? Ødegaard is in the same mould as those two, ESR is a different type of player (again, I'm talking about the way they play, NOT their ability). Personally I would play ESR over Ødegaard every time because he's our player, but I can see why Arteta would want a more traditional #10 instead.

You know what I meant about final pass, I'm talking about threaded, defense splitting passes. ESR has been playing regularly since December and I genuinely don't remember him playing any. That doesn't mean he doesn't have it in his locker but he just doesn't play that way.

Watch ESR you tube videos to get a better understanding of what he really does.
Please don't be that guy....

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
That through ball to Pepe just after half time was class. Looks like he will be playing a lot now if this ESR injury is serious.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Imagine how good he’ll be once he recovers from that serious injury and gets 6 months playing in the PL under his belt. Because you can’t expect anything from any crocked foreigner unless they serve the arbitrary 6 month PL apprenticeship :no:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine how good he’ll be once he recovers from that serious injury and gets 6 months playing in the PL under his belt. Because you can’t expect anything from any crocked foreigner unless they serve the arbitrary 6 month PL apprenticeship :no:

The pace and powah of this league is something else though...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Involved again specially in 3rd goal he need to be more confident and take shots with ESR injury he may have more chances.

Legend14

Established Member
The statement was neither positive or negative, I was literally just comparing their styles of play.

Not sure what you're on about though. Would you say ESR is 'cognitively superior' to Bergkamp or Fabregas? Ødegaard is in the same mould as those two, ESR is a different type of player (again, I'm talking about the way they play, NOT their ability). Personally I would play ESR over Ødegaard every time because he's our player, but I can see why Arteta would want a more traditional #10 instead.

You know what I meant about final pass, I'm talking about threaded, defense splitting passes. ESR has been playing regularly since December and I genuinely don't remember him playing any. That doesn't mean he doesn't have it in his locker but he just doesn't play that way.

Please don't be that guy....
Not sure what that means. When you say ESR does not get his head up or does not make a killer pass it seems as if you have not watched him critically and need more sources of information. I guess I am “that guy” who pointed you to more sources?

Ødegaard is looking to make that killer pass. That is his value proposition. Smith Rowe is looking to make killer plays and to me is a more complete player. Fabregas was a complete player who could make the killer pass.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He hasn’t done much though other than just regain fitness and try to acclimatise, ESR was producing performances and numbers from there.

His loan here is going to help him next season at Real though, getting these constant minutes under his belt etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Very bad loan. Disrupted our team to develop a kid without a buy clause, who by all sources is going to be a key part of the Real squad next season.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
You can see that he has the threaded pass in his locker. Peak Özil was better though, he could do both thread a pass and also link up with players, a combination of Ødegaard and ESR if you will.

Ultimately I don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter at Real, if they thought Özil was expendable then they're certainly going to think Ødegaard is.

A sizable bid for him would tempt Real Madrid. The funny thing is that our ability ot buy him will be affected by how good he plays, and gets us in the CL. If we aren't then we don't have any hope of signing him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Plan was for Ødegaard to be the key midfield man in Madrid after the Sociedad loan, but didn't exactly pan out that way and they we're pretty quick to sit him on the bench and loan him out again. Loads of examples over the years that Real don't have much patience for kids (and often times experienced players) who aren't immediately up to the challenge.

Disagree that he's been a disruption. We needed someone to rotate with ESR. He's a low cost, quality option, and not sure there was a better deal available. Flip side is that we run ESR into the ground and the same people would whine that we shouldn't have relied so heavily on a youngster to be the only creative midfielder in the side.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's finding his feet and his link up play is getting better. He made some good moves which weren't seen and moves all over the pitch. I like him but I want ESR fit ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom