• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He hasn’t done much though other than just regain fitness and try to acclimatise, ESR was producing performances and numbers from there.

His loan here is going to help him next season at Real though, getting these constant minutes under his belt etc.
Very bad loan. Disrupted our team to develop a kid without a buy clause, who by all sources is going to be a key part of the Real squad next season.
:rofl:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Ødegaard doesn't feel wanted at Real and seems to love being here. That should count for something.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Very bad loan. Disrupted our team to develop a kid without a buy clause, who by all sources is going to be a key part of the Real squad next season.
I think he's looking fairly good mate, I think ESR will still get sufficient game time I can't see his development suffering.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would love to keep him for another season or better still we get to buy him. That pass today to Willian for Pepe's goal was lightning quick, those kind of passes in those positions can cause so much damage.

I thought he linked well with Pepe today as well. Normally Pepe on the right gets isolated but having Cedric and Ødegaard really helped Pepe to have a good game on the right.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s adjusting, which is normal given he’s joined a new league, I’m sure he’ll put in a great performance by the time his loan is over, and by all accounts is wanted back at Real.

Well done to us for developing him, not sure what else we are doing here.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Well done to us for developing him, not sure what else we are doing here.
I mean he could be the difference between winning or losing the Europa League. Or the difference for getting top 6.

It really was a no brainer, its different to Ceballos as Ødegaard had experience playing regular football in a top league. Ceballos was more of a development job. This was the right call to make, even if we don't get our current targets he would have helped us maximise our chances of them.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great loan option, we all knew ESR wasn’t like to last the whole season without even a light injury.

Really think we need another loan before we commit and with our finances. Would Madrid go for that if we’ve had Ceballos for two years and shipping him back?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd be a lot more excited if I knew he'd be coming permanently however that is far from guaranteed. Because I don't think we'd see the best of him until next season, but again there's no guarantees that'll be with us. Best hope is that Real can win the league/CL somehow and Zizou keeps his job as he isn't in favour with him at all it seems.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I doubt he'll come here. So far him and his advisers (his dad among them) went for the biggest club they could find.

Not sure they are ready to change strategy, much to Ødegaard's detriment.

We shall see though.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I doubt he'll come here. So far him and his advisers (his dad among them) went for the biggest club they could find.

Not sure they are ready to change strategy, much to Ødegaard's detriment.

We shall see though.

Odgaard indicated that he wanted to come here, but his family/father preferred Madrid (they gave him a job).

But I genuinely feel that he's loving life at arsenal. I'm sure he'll want to stay here after his Madrid nightmare. Once he stays he might even convince Halaand to join him here. ;)

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Odgaard indicated that he wanted to come here, but his family/father preferred Madrid (they gave him a job).

But I genuinely feel that he's loving life at arsenal. I'm sure he'll want to stay here after his Madrid nightmare. Once he stays he might even convince Halaand to join him here. ;)
Haaland is not coming here, but I could see Berge signing for us.

Ødegaard should get out of Real Madrid, but we shall see. Seems to enjoy life at Arsenal at the moment...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Real madrid want to sell few players to fund players like Mbappe. Ødegaard is one of those players we saw reports that we will negotiate deal with real madrid this summer if we liked what we saw with Ødegaard

Legend14

Established Member
Real madrid want to sell few players to fund players like Mbappe. Ødegaard is one of those players we saw reports that we will negotiate deal with real madrid this summer if we liked what we saw with Ødegaard
Real will keep emphasizing his return so they can negotiate a higher fee, but there will be a price they will take.

Pyres7

Not sure what that means. When you say ESR does not get his head up or does not make a killer pass it seems as if you have not watched him critically and need more sources of information. I guess I am “that guy” who pointed you to more sources?

Ødegaard is looking to make that killer pass. That is his value proposition. Smith Rowe is looking to make killer plays and to me is a more complete player. Fabregas was a complete player who could make the killer pass.
I've watched all his games live, so no I'm not going to youtube him. Also I never said ESR doesn't make killer passes. You might want to reread my posts without your defensive glasses on.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Haaland is not coming here, but I could see Berge signing for us.

Ødegaard should get out of Real Madrid, but we shall see. Seems to enjoy life at Arsenal at the moment...

I can see Isak signing too. Them two had a good friendship at Sociedad and probably a good connection on the pitch. And sure Norwegians and Swedes are basically the same thing.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/02/27/603a186922601d11058b45b1.html

Looks like it's pretty sure, that Ödegaard is going back to Real afer the loan.

Only hope would be, that he wants to stay 100%.

Where do you get that from that article?

Anyways, it's MARCA, Madrid propaganda, it's always going to have a Madrid tilt. A good end of the season (especially qualifying for CL through EL) and I can see him staying. Madrid still has Brahim, Reinier, Gelabert, Asensio (needs to go through the middle, IMO, if he wants to have a good career there) in the works.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The Ødegaard loan makes sense if the club wanted to not rush any signings and get their true target in the summer. Plus ESR was never lasting the whole season.

Our loan targets before were players like Coutinho and Isco but I think the static Willian gets made the club re-evaluate. Pure guess from me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom