• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glitchform

Of course not - barely a season ticket holder will give it up and there are plenty of plastics ready to take up those who do. And the club knows it. It won’t struggle to sell the big buck corpoirate tickets for the ESL games...

In the case of Manchester United, for instance, their biggest fanbase is not in the UK. Why on earth would a man U fan in India want to see them play Wolves? It makes no sense to us, sure, but we are not the main fanbase now.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Dein wanted Arsenal to be the greates team in the world, he knew football would eventually go this way...I have no doubt he would have wanted us in the ESL.

You mean the guy who orchestrated the sale of Arsenal to the mercenary Kroenkes might support selling the sport to the highest bidder.

You shock me!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Even if it doesn't, i won't be looking at the club in the same way. I'll spit on every Arsenal shirt i see.

I can't see how it doesn't happen now tbh, seems to be too far along with no way back. If Uefa/Fifa folds it's over.

vantoure

Players are still the most important thing. See where the brand loyalty to Utd will be from some plastic in China if Everton have the next Messi and Neymar.

These clubs better succeed because it’s an awful risk otherwise.
They may have the next Messi / Neymar, but won't be able to hold on to them as the money will be in the ESL. it's basically the EPL - championship dynamics scaled up again

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

In the case of Manchester United, for instance, their biggest fanbase is not in the UK. Why on earth would a man U fan in India want to see them play Wolves? It makes no sense to us, sure, but we are not the main fanbase now.
Quite. Roman opened everyone’s eyes to how the premiere league could be drilled, like one of his oil wells.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This will never happen - Sir Keir Starmer has spoken out against it. End of.
Most politicians, pundits, fans, sports organisations and journos are against it. And a lot of football clubs that won’t be included. Those for it, capitalists and er . . . . oh yeah, Arsenal and Sp**s fans who realise this is there one and only chance to compete long term with the rich clubs and rake in some money.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Exactly.
Can't support a " league " where there's no punishments for finishing last. Where's the motivation for that? You win the " league " and you earn bragging rights and become rich, you finish last, take the banter and you're still rich. Rinse and repeat the following season.

It's going to be even worse than the nba regular season with most teams having nothing to play for halfway through the season. Just glorified friendlies with marketing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Exactly.
Can't support a " league " where there's no punishments for finishing last. Where's the motivation for that? You win the " league " and you earn bragging rights and become rich, you finish last, take the banter and you're still rich. Rinse and repeat the following season.
Our owner has never shown any intent on making us a club capable of consistently challenging for league titles so there's next to no chance of him caring whether we get anywhere near winning this or not.

You may get the odd season where under the right circumstances we could sneak through to a semi final but people are dreaming if they expect us to be anything other than making up the numbers whilst the cash flows into the owner's pockets.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Football is about more than just the champions.

It's about small teams getting European football and some famous nights. It's for fans staying up on the last day of the season. It's for a year's competition trying to get some kind of success.

What is the motivation for Arsenal who say are 6th in the league to beat a team fighting relegation. There isn't one. Arsenal will have what they want win lose or draw.
Because the same players will no longer care about winning the league? I don’t see it.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I can't see how it doesn't happen now tbh, seems to be too far along with no way back. If Uefa/Fifa folds it's over.
They won't. If this goes ahead, all their other competitions will basically lose the majority of their value. It is an existential threat to them. They'll fight this with everything they got.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom