• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
FC Bayern Munich takes a closed position on the Super League. presidentHerbert Hainersays: “Our members and fans reject a Super League. It is our wish as FC Bayern and our goal that the European clubs live this wonderful and emotional Champions League competition and develop it together with UEFA. FC Bayern says no to the Super League. "

The chairman of the board Karl-Heinz Rummeniggeconfirms: “On behalf of the board I can expressly state that FC Bayern does not take part in the Super League. FC Bayern stands in solidarity with the Bundesliga. It was and is always a great pleasure for us to be able to play as the German representative in the Champions League. We all still fondly remember our Champions League victory in Lisbon in 2020, such a happy moment is never forgotten. For FC Bayern, the Champions League is the best club competition in the world. "

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's weird that the clubs haven't talked this over with the playing staff, feels like this is just a bluff to get more money for them when you think about that.

I reckon every other club is bluffing, bar Perez who is actually trying to do it, the madman :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I know it's not what this Super League is all about, but if it (hopefully) fails, I do hope it leads to some kind of reform in football in general. UEFA/FIFA have done way more harm than good.

Tbh I don't mind the structure of the current football competitions, both domestic and International.

The things I'd like to see change though is true financial fair play with some kind of transparent salary cap/limited external investment.

The requirement to field a significant percentage of player's that went through ones own academy - preferably local players. Not snatching the best talent from abroad when they are 16, but minimum x amount of years spent in your academy. The homegrown system like the current one seems ridiculous to me.

Also protection of clubs with majority fan/local ownership would be perfect to prevent all this nonsense we see today.

In addition to that a more rewarding system to boost domestic cup competitions.

I would love if a 0-0 actually meant 0 points or even negative points.

Referees miked up and interviewed post match. VAR communication transparent, with actual ex-footballers reviewing incidents.

Also something that results in the death of agents or at least agent power. Raiola's and Kia's are a disease to the world.

However, none of this will happen since the game unfortunately is not led by people like Wenger or Cruijff.

ArtetaOut

I've had a chat with some US friends who are failing to understand why is there such an uproar over this ESL. For them it is just survival of the fittest and a natural progression of things. Some of them are saying the UEFA are responsible for this mess as well because of their slow and lacklustre reforms that is giving Perez and Co. leverage for this breakaway.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What happens to the women's teams whilst all this is going on? Vic Akers worked hard to make us the best only to see Chelsea and City buying their way to the top. We might as well look at the whole game surely. Just saying.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Local fans account for <1% of potential fans of a team with an international presence.

Maybe, maybe not. You can't tell me that you would want Real winning this ESL every year though? As that will get boring real quick. I think if this was a one off or something like the world cup that was done every 4 years (they calculate most points gotten in 4 seasons for the teams in each league and they take the top 5 from each and have them do a league like this that would be exciting as teams would try harder to win more and make it to this Super League). Also, I think we will get embarrassed in this league if I am being true and honest, not that I care at this point. As I have said to my friends and family about Arsenal: once a Gunner, always a Gunner, however, don't expect me to watch or buy jerseys - I will look up the scores but I will show my support for the other leagues and watch them instead and pick a secondary team to support, which I never thought I would.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Ornstein is saying the Arsenal hierarchy haven't spoken with the players about this, but wasn't it reported yesterday that Vinai had?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
DAZN have already got a deal anyway.

Amazon in the mud. #ShopLocal

Jeff is not having this, I'm afraid. He wants total domination and he'll get it.

****ing hell, Amazon is literally opening hair saloons in the UK, not even joking here.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Much as I disliked their campaigning in the fag end of the Wenger days I am joining the Arsenal Supporters Trust.

And the first thing I will suggest is they team up with the other fans to announce a boycott on all companies owned by the dirty dozen's owners.
I used to be part of the black scarf movement many moons ago as I was very anti Kronke but I wasn't quite sure what they were campaigning against at the time so I stepped away.

I would stringently review all the views and stances before I align myself with something like that again - but AST are sound.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom