• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
I would love to sell Xhaka, but I honestly see there are more pressing issues at hand. Ceballos, Elneny, Willock and even AMN are likely all leaving. That's a LOT of turnover for the midfield positions.
I feel the same way for retaining some continuity. Not renewing and having it in.limbo could be good actually to sell him in 2022, unless he tries to force something this summer, which I doubt he will.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I would love to sell Xhaka, but I honestly see there are more pressing issues at hand. Ceballos, Elneny, Willock and even AMN are likely all leaving. That's a LOT of turnover for the midfield positions.

Sell them all!

giphy.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Surely Token Yank didn't use BBC in that context, ffs? :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If I remember well enough, wasn't Onana very crap in the defeat to Sp**s?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Would be incredibly intelligent to sell players like Bellerin, Leno and Xhaka. They are approaching the end of their deals here and have been the spine of a squad which has utterly failed in the last few years. On top of this, they don't even suit our style of play or the league in general, all 3 have looked like square pegs in round holes at some stage in the last year or so.

It's covid so I doubt it's possible but if we get good bids for any of these guys they should be gone. I would take 20-25m for each.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

"And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother." Genesis 38:9

Think King James' Bible has him scouted, not sure he is our man, seems a dud when it comes to making a pass, spilling it on the ground and all....In terms of age, he must be getting on a bit too.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm, well if they wanna go then go.

Despite his mistakes I honestly think a "concentrating" Leno is the least of our problems but he's brave to think he's better than us, especially after Wolves and Everton.

What worries me more is 5'9 Inaki Cana possibly making another terrible recommendation for a 4'11 keeper.

Xhaka, well again, he's done alright of late but I'm not going to balling when he leaves. What's critical is how we replace him, we get it wrong and we're snookered.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hmm, well if they wanna go then go.

Despite his mistakes I honestly think a "concentrating" Leno is the least of our problems but he's brave to think he's better than us, especially after Wolves and Everton.

What worries me more is 5'9 Inaki Cana possibly making another terrible recommendation for a 4'11 keeper.

Xhaka, well again, he's done alright of late but I'm not going to balling when he leaves. What's critical is how we replace him, we get it wrong and we're snookered.
I really don't think Pavon actually recommended that keeper. More likely they asked about him and he said "yeah, he's OK" so they signed him because he was cheap. Pavon's been good IMO, the work he did with both Leno and Martinez last year elevated both goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom