• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 945,044
Status
Not open for further replies.

blrgooner

Established Member
Emery got 5th with a lesser squad mate and that’s with a run to the Europa finals. Don’t let Tets fool you into thinking the squad is gash.
A world class manager would 100% get us to 4th especially with no Europe.
In which world was that squad "lesser"? That was the last time I thought we had a squad which could finish top 4 and maybe challenge for better things. I hope you guys don`t let your hate of tets fool you into thinking our squad is actually good enough to be top 4.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In which world was that squad "lesser"? That was the last time I thought we had a squad which could finish top 4 and maybe challenge for better things. I hope you guys don`t let your hate of tets fool you into thinking our squad is actually good enough to be top 4.
You really think it’s hate that makes us think he is severely underachieving? He really has convinced some people how bad the players are. The man is an absolute con artist

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You really think it’s hate that makes us think he is severely underachieving? He really has convinced some people how bad the players are. The man is an absolute con artist

He doesn't need to convince anyone. The players we see playing in pre season and the difference when we put on our better players is there for everyone to see. The crap players literally show us how bad they are... there's a reason why 95% of Arsenal fans with brains realise the squad needs an overhaul.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He doesn't need to convince anyone. The players we see playing in pre season and the difference when we put on our better players is there for everyone to see.
He will be gone by nove. This season will be bad until November. Can’t wait until our players work with a competent manager

blrgooner

Established Member
I don`t think the players are bad at all. They just are not in the level of players we had under Emery`s first season as yet.
Also, they are not anywhere close(At the moment) to the level of players the top 4 clubs have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He will be gone by nove. This season will be bad until November. Can’t wait until our players work with a competent manager

Pre season should tell you that we are looking to play with a higher intensity and better overall play between players in the attacking areas. New, better players who fit the system will only aid that. No european football also means we have a clean season.

He won't be lower than 10th by November therefore he won't be sacked. I'm intrigued as to what your reaction will be if we start the season well, will Arteta be lucky? Or will you actually praise him after all the abuse you've given out.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
There's a massive difference in comparing squads in terms of quality and in terms of balance.

The biggest issue is for our recruitment having created a totally imbalanced team where we are severely lacking in quality in 2-3 key positions which makes the rest of the squad pretty irrelevant since the bottleneck is just to decisive.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's a massive difference in comparing squads in terms of quality and in terms of balance.

The biggest issue is for our recruitment having created a totally imbalanced team where we are severely lacking in quality in 2-3 key positions which makes the rest of the squad pretty irrelevant since the bottleneck is just to decisive.

The team is far more balanced now than it was a year ago. They've done a good job at rebalancing but still a lot to do.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Emery got 5th with a lesser squad mate and that’s with a run to the Europa finals. Don’t let Tets fool you into thinking the squad is gash.
Put an in form Ramsey and an in form Koscielny for the last half the season and we would've made top 4. This isnt saying anything about either manager but we might as well stop comparing apples and oranges

TinFish

I don’t agree. Players are older and have declined. Laca and Auba are not capable enough to fire us into top 4.

The squad is gash and I fail to understand how your post has attracted so many likes.

With the current squad we have now (including Ben white) we will push for a europa conference league place.

chelsea are linked with the likes of haaland, united with Sancho etc. And we are looking for a desperation signing in Aouar - a highly inconsistent player that would slot seamlessly into our inconsistent side

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don’t agree. Players are older and have declined. Laca and Auba are not capable enough to fire us into top 4.

The squad is gash and I fail to understand how your post has attracted so many likes.

With the current squad we have now (including Ben white) we will push for a europa conference league place.

chelsea are linked with the likes of haaland, united with Sancho etc. And we are looking for a desperation signing in Aouar - a highly inconsistent player that would slot seamlessly into our inconsistent side

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Chelsea are linked with Haaland, the same way we're linked with Maddison/Ødegaard. Chelsea/Liverpool can be overtaken if we plug all our gaps, with or without Arteta.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Chelsea are linked with Haaland, the same way we're linked with Maddison/Ødegaard. Chelsea/Liverpool can be overtaken if we plug all our gaps, with or without Arteta.
Agree we need to plug our gaps. We used to have a team full of creative (link up) players. But over the years, we start buying one dimensional limited (direct) players. We need to quickly get back to where we were.

Özil/Maddison type is not what we want. They are too direct.

“Creativity” is more than just assist.
Creating space, creating possession, creating attacking threat from dribbling skills, creating one touch passes......basically, creating better situations for the team in the build up before the final pass is made.....all these mentioned are creativity. To me, a creative player is all about creating these perfect situation for the final through pass to happen.

Direct players are all about the final pass. They ignore all that are mentioned above. That’s why I don’t find these direct AM with “good” assisting stats should be considered “creative players”.

This is what we wanted:
We could have had a midfield like this. It’s very said we have missed out on Buendia.

Damsgaard (Hleb)
Saka
Pepe
Aouar (Nasri)
ESR (Rosicky)
Buendia (Cazorla)
Partey (Flamini)

After we fixed our midfield. All we need is to get our van persie and sanchez.

blrgooner

Established Member
This is what fascinates me. Lets take a look at Liverpool`s and Chelsea`s squads and imagine how many of our players would make their starting lineup. I don`t think a single Arsenal player makes the liverpool starting lineup. Saka/Tierney start at Chelsea. Otherwise we are simply one level below in terms of squad quality.
We can overtake them if we perform above our abilities and the other clubs don`t, but that can`t be a base expectation IMO. We are not close to these clubs as yet.

Liam_Og

I know this won’t be a popular post as there seems to be many people who are keen on this signing.

but Aouar is more Mesut Özil than he is the AM or even ACM we need, watched a decent amount of French football last year, but by no means an officiado, when Houssem is hot, he’s red hot, but that is probably only 15-20% of the time he plays, which might seem normal enough for a player in his position.

there in lies the issue, Arsenal are trying to make signing that consistently improve them match on match, this guy doesn’t offer that, and as a result, if he were to sign, the Fans and Media would be on his back that quickly that he’d never make it here.

he’s quality and a rolls royce type player, he’s just not consistent enough.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I know this won’t be a popular post as there seems to be many people who are keen on this signing.

but Aouar is more Mesut Özil than he is the AM or even ACM we need, watched a decent amount of French football last year, but by no means an officiado, when Houssem is hot, he’s red hot, but that is probably only 15-20% of the time he plays, which might seem normal enough for a player in his position.

there in lies the issue, Arsenal are trying to make signing that consistently improve them match on match, this guy doesn’t offer that, and as a result, if he were to sign, the Fans and Media would be on his back that quickly that he’d never make it here.

he’s quality and a rolls royce type player, he’s just not consistent enough.
His playing style is nothing like Özil.

Aouar has tricky skills like Nasri. Özil can’t dribble.

Aouar likes to play combination passes after combination passes in the build up, to create better situations before the final pass. Not just go for the most “efficient” option whenever he has the ball.

When Aouar can’t make the final pass, he contribute to the build up a lot with dribbling skills and combination play to open up the opponent. When Özil can’t make the final pass, he is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom