• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago_Gunner

I like Ode, forum is filled with me praising him, but where do you guys think we’ll finish with him?

You can definitely rule out top 4, the signings simply aren’t good enough. So you’re looking at 150m plus on players to finish 5 or below.
I would say it’s a move in the right direction with perhaps another good window away from top 4 potential

Alexs

Me too, for £30m. That's Ramsdale money and half what dodgy hip Maddison would cost. He'll also keep his value. We have to take baby steps from where we are and this would be a good one.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard gets in the way of pepe and saka. He also lacks dynamism, he can consider us all he wants but we don’t want him.
Yeah dwells on the ball a little too long for my liking and just clogs up that right half space. Good at times for overloads but he doesn't do it on the left at all. Makes us lopsided.

Sigh, beggars can't be choosers though. He seems a good player.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Me too, for £30m. That's Ramsdale money and half what dodgy hip Maddison would cost. He'll also keep his value. We have to take baby steps from where we are and this would be a good one.
Doubt it will be as cheap as that. Think you are looking at £45m-£50m...:confused:

Alexs

Could be right but Madrid need money - all set for one of our renowned deadline day swoops. So Ramsdale it is then.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Any '10' we get will get in the way of ESR/Pepe/Saka since it's another attacker and one will lose out.

I'm sure it's not hard to instruct Ødegaard to keep central and use the space there, or either wing.

I'm not sure it's an Ødegaard problem, more an instruction thing.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I mean he would sort of get in the way of ESR, but the thing is that we do need another #10, as I don't think we can realistically look at only ESR to hold up the position for the whole season (unless we got really lucky with injuries).

Then again (and I say this whilst chuckling to myself), this is exactly the type of ballsy thing Wenger would do. He'd give no f*cks and give the whole position to ESR. We'd probably be electric up until February but end up kicking ourselves when ESR would inevitably be out with an injury.

Anyway, I'd be happy for Ødegaard on loan.

And I'd be happy to purchase him for around £30M maybe £35M, but as GoonerJeeves mentioned, I think it's more like £45M+ to get it done.

At that point I'm not really sure that he showed near enough to be worth it at that price.

IMO ofc.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm not trolling but I think Saka would be better in a 433 than Ødegaard would. Have we ever scored more than 2 goals when Ødegaard has been on the pitch for a full 90 minutes? The answer is no. I know Ødegaard will probably give us an extra 5-10% possession but that does not equate to more goals. What do you guys want more goals or possession? I know what I want.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
E7UQEWlWQAIBBVU

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I'm not trolling but I think Saka would be better in a 433 than Ødegaard would. Have we ever scored more than 2 goals when Ødegaard has been on the pitch for a full 90 minutes? The answer is no. I know Ødegaard will probably give us an extra 5-10% possession but that does not equate to more goals. What do you guys want more goals or possession? I know what I want.
The answer is actually yes, we have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we were to sign Ødegaard on say a loan with obligation to buy and be able to get someone like Lautaro Martinez for £60M then you jump on that.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Madders is the Ødegaard who can shoot basically
It doesn't show that at all. It shows that Ødegaard, coming into a new league, into a team which was in the worst form i can remember for an Arsenal team, was still better on and off the ball then a settled Maddison playing for a Leicester side that was competing for the league at one stage, and top 4 after.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The answer is actually yes, we have.

Lol, tbh RunTheTrap's original assertion was unfair as we don't tend to score more than 2 goals on a regular (under Arteta).

But yeah, surely the famous West Ham comeback, he played the full 90 or most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom