• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Did the Bell ever say something about strikers and if so, which one is of priority ?

He said nothing but its clear we are after one.

I think the AM is just the priority right now and dictates which striker we go for. Fitting in what I was told about our budget, Obai (part of the Bell I believe) says Arsenal's initial budget was 200M euros. Blowing 90M euros on Lautaro wouldn't be good, he isnt worth that and there's better value out there.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He said nothing but its clear we are after one.

I think the AM is just the priority right now and dictates which striker we go for. Fitting in what I was told about our budget, Obai (part of the Bell I believe) says Arsenal's initial budget was 200M euros. Blowing 90M euros on Lautaro wouldn't be good, he isnt worth that and there's better value out there.

Okay thanks.
I just feel with ESR a Martinez transforms our side a lot more right now than Maddison does, because our current strikers have performed like the ones for a 10-14th club for a long time now, especially Auba.

And I was one of the frontrunners of screaming for a new AM and a topclass CM as our priorities for 2 seasons now, but there Auba at least scored goals, even though he contributed **** all to general play.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Okay thanks.
I just feel with ESR a Martinez transforms our side a lot more right now than Maddison does, because our current strikers have performed like ones for 10-14th place strikers for anlong time now, especially Auba.

And I was one of the frontrunners of screaming for a new AM and a topclass CM as our priorities for 2 seasons now, but there Auba at least scored goals, even though he contributed **** all to general play.

I mean I love Martinez and partially agree with you. But 90M euros is far too much. You have to think we've already spent around 80. We want a keeper and AM on top of that. Unless we make a lot of decent sales in the last 3 weeks it's not gonna be viable.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Also feels like, if it's just about 20m or so, completely changing your game plan and schedule is abysmal.

Kroenke can't be selling me this crap as "ambitious doing something special" package.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can't fix every issue in one window. The right back situation isn't ideal, but we have three guys there. The lack of goals/creativity in the team is a FAR bigger issue. Go all out for Maddison and a 9 this window. Bring in a RB next summer.

Gunners1616

Okay thanks.
I just feel with ESR a Martinez transforms our side a lot more right now than Maddison does, because our current strikers have performed like the ones for a 10-14th club for a long time now, especially Auba.

We all would like a new striker but we are paying Auba 350K£ per week, Laca 185K£ per week and Willian at least 150K£ per week... And we still have Martinelli and Balogun.

Hard to believe we could add another striker with no Europe and in a system that requires just 1 striker. That's just not serious or realistic.

Only scenario for a new striker is selling Laca or Auba' (not sure anyone want their big salaries) and we loan out Balogun or Martinelli.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I mean I love Martinez and partially agree with you. But 90M euros is far too much. You have to think we've already spent around 80. We want a keeper and AM on top of that. Unless we make a lot of decent sales in the last 3 weeks it's not gonna be viable.

That's why I said Vlahovic might be okay or someone in that mood where people can actually believe he might become worldclass if scouted properly.

I like tammy and he's a gunner, but he is a bench and super nice depth option, not someone I want in a summer our owners are trying to brag about.

Martinez might not be "really" 90m. Also, maybe for that price they go for Bellerin to slightly lower it. 70m+ Bellerin or so - I am pretty pretty sure we did not try !

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's why I said Vlahovic might be okay or someone in that mood where people can actually believe he might become worldclass if scouted properly.

I like tammy and he's a gunner, but he is a bench and super nice depth option, not someone I want in a summer our owners are trying to brag about.

Martinez might not be "really" 90m. Also, maybe for that price they go for Bellerin to slightly lower it. 70m+ Bellerin or so - Inam pretty pretty sure we did not try !

Well you have to think Sp**s had an offer on the table of 70M euro and Inter said no as Lukaku left.

Vlahovic would be a good option but again they're wanting 60M euros. You get Maddison for 70M euros, you add Ramsdale for 30M euros that's already 100. It looks so poor because of Ramsdale and I hope he isnt the one we actually get.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Well you have to think Sp**s had an offer on the table of 70M euro and Inter said no as Lukaku left.

Vlahovic would be a good option but again they're wanting 60M euros. You get Maddison for 70M euros, you add Ramsdale for 30M euros that's already 100. It looks so poor because of Ramsdale and I hope he isnt the one we actually get.

If we get Tammy because of Ramsdale instead of a really good striker option, it is shocking.
If we have Tammy as first choice from the start, which many claim, it also seems shocking to me.

g00ner94

If we really hired the negotiator we did same when signed pepe.

Leicester made it clear they want 60m i bet they want half of it upfront won't be easy deal but not possible just don't need to drag it until last few days we got good money from willock we have good advantage
A big point when they sold Chilwell and Maguire is that they wanted the full transfer fee upfront, no reason to think they will want anything different in this deal

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we get Tammy because of Ramsdale instead of a really good striker option, it is shocking.
If we have Tammy as first choice from the start, which many claim, it also seems shocking to me.

I have a feeling Onana is still THE option. Gives me Partey vibes. There's just no way we spend £25M on Ramsdale. Spending £25M of the budget on Ramsdale is the equivalent of spending £80M on Maddison imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A big point when they sold Chilwell and Maguire is that they wanted the full transfer fee upfront, no reason to think they will want anything different in this deal
Yes they always open to sell if you offer what they ask they not a team who block a transfer so it's only matter to agree a fee that suit them

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If Ramsdale comes he becomes nr 1 straight away. Not that he is better than Leno. But the club would get seriously criticised if they spend 30 million on backup keeper and neglect other positions while making Ramsdale one of the most expensive keepers ever

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't the need for a HG keeper diminish significantly after the additions of White and potentially Maddison, surely we'd be fine on the HG quota? Just bring in Maddison and Onana then go and get a 9.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom