• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If current and past links anything to go by then Ødegaard, Bernard Silva, Aouar and Fekir.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Have you had any more info on it? I assume the next thing we all here will be advanced talks if it is going ahead or Ødegaard deal close.

Nothing more than the fact the longer Arsenal wait, the more the price goes up....But that's also just common sense.
I get the feeling Arsenal have this week only, if they want to keep the fee closer to £60 million than £80 million.
Aouar? Seriously don’t think there’s anything to this Maddison stuff. The Leicester guy from The Athletic says nothing has happened so far, Ornstein says nothing is happening. Bell has given himself an out by saying they don’t want to spend all the budget on Maddison and Wheatley naturally does the same.

There has been at least 3 enquiries by Arsenal.
One involving £50 million weeks ago, one enquiring whether Leicester would accept £60 million in terms of £50 million +player(s) and a third contact enquiring about the structure of payment Leicester want.

He's Arsenal's number one target, he was at the start of the window.
DeJa Vu of the Maguire deal.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nothing more than the fact the longer Arsenal wait, the more the price goes up....But that's also just common sense.
I get the feeling Arsenal have this week only, if they want to keep the fee closer to £60 million than £80 million.

There has been at least 3 enquiries by Arsenal.
One involving £50 million weeks ago, one enquiring whether Leicester would accept £60 million in terms of £50 million +player(s) and a third contact enquiring about the structure of payment Leicester want.

He's Arsenal's number one target, he was at the start of the window.
DeJa Vu of the Maguire deal.

Agreed I think things have to escalate this week. If it does you'll probably see him out of your squad for the weekend game.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can you explain this logic?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I swear i never see any reports about Leicester targeting Lingard as replacement why they like made things up.

SlyFox

Lots from the Bell this morning.

To summarise he says that Maddison is still the number one target. A "mediator" has been in talks on our behalf with Leicester. £50M was initially offered with Leicester saying £60M is where they will start negotiating.

Arsenal haven't been put off by this. They have the funds but don't want to blow everything on one player in Maddison whilst neglecting other areas of the squad.
And that tweet alone tells you it’s all complete and utter bull plop.

When negotiating you don’t tell people the minumum figure you’d accept do you. FFS.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I don't see us selling Lingard this summer, I don't think it would even be considered until January. With Rashford out for the first 2/3 months of the season, Sancho not having a single game of pre-season with us, Diallo out during the Olympics and Cavani missing pre-season, we're not really in a position to sell Lingard right now.

Not sure if this is a deal-breaker for Leicester.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Can you explain this logic?

The longer the transfer window goes on, the less times teams have time to sign players, therefore the prices they're available for increased.

Leicester had a deal agreed for Soumare back in late January/February time and once Liverpool ended their interest in Daka, they completed a deal for him within 48 hours.

This is how Leicester do business, they sign targets on the back of months/years of scouting.
They already know who they want to bring in....But they're now 5-10% more expensive because there's only weeks left of the window.
Leicester will also know, like they did with the Maguire deal, that Arsenal will get more desperate as time goes on.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
I don't see us selling Lingard this summer, I don't think it would even be considered until January. With Rashford out for the first 2/3 months of the season, Sancho not having a single game of pre-season with us, Diallo out during the Olympics and Cavani missing pre-season, we're not really in a position to sell Lingard right now.

Not sure if this is a deal-breaker for Leicester.

Leicester have 0 interest in Lingard.
No sell on value, he's too old, high wages and they've already brought two players in this summer, to add depth to the midfield.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The longer the transfer window goes on, the less times teams have time to sign players, therefore the prices they're available for increased.

Leicester had a deal agreed for Soumare back in late January/February time and once Liverpool ended their interest in Daka, they completed a deal for him within 48 hours.

This is how Leicester do business, they sign targets on the back of months/years of scouting.
They already know who they want to bring in....But they're now 5-10% more expensive because there's only weeks left of the window.
Leicester will also know, like they did with the Maguire deal, that Arsenal will get more desperate as time goes on.
I'm not sure your logic is the whole truth. Players with for example 2 years in contract will likely be cheaper at the end of the window when it is clear that they won't renew, and the seller has to get rid.

Of course clubs have scouted players for a long time, they surely have a list for every possibility. Doesn't matter much.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thing is, Maddison functions well at Leicester because he’s got Tielemens behind him making incisive passes from deep. We struggle to create chances because we play 10 horizontal passes before 1 vertical. Our build up from defensive zones in midfield is just too ****ing slow. By the time we reach the opposition’s box they are set defensively and our forwards become irrelevant because they can’t win the ball in the air.

Words cannot express my disappointment that we failed to address this and just prolonged our play with Xhaka at the base. Nothing will change until we fix this. Tielemens is the one we should be after.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom