• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­
Why bother watching the game when you have a spider diagram šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Has Tielemans ever really jumped out at you when you watch him? He's played 2 full seasons in the PL and he's never looked anything more than a good solid PL midfielder, maybe i'm just remembering wrong. He's obviously good, but people are talking like he's Verratti or something and i'm not sure he is.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Maddison is top 2 in chance creation over the past 3 years. Created almost as many chances as KDB.

The stat labelled as ā€œchance creationā€ is an extremely subjective metric that you donā€™t actually get on many decent sites.

Also can I see the link for it?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ā©
Yeah so this is why the stat is dodgy. You have two full backs and a Wolvesā€™ set piece taker on that list.

Chances created is basically a counting stat for crosses and set pieces so if you do lots of those youā€™re going to have far higher numbers than most other players.

You make a good point there.

Even if some are set pieces is that a good thing for us?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

You make a good point there.

Even if some are set pieces is that a good thing for us?

The problem with chances created is that it doesnā€™t tell you the quality of the cross.

Dropping it on onto the head of your striker or getting it cleared by the first man are both ā€œchancesā€.

Also if Maddison doesnā€™t take set pieces here then thatā€™s a major potential reason for signing him gone.

The thing is with Trent he creates so much from open play regardless, he's always near the top of big chances created.

Yeah so him and Digne are both phenomenal crossers of the ball. What this means is that their teams both rack up the crossing opportunities for them.

Iā€™m sure if you looked into leading crossers for the PL those two would be near the top.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ā­
Gunnerblog was on the arseblog podcast today saying from what heā€™s heard Maddison isnā€™t a name being seriously discussed at a high level within Arsenal and heā€™s probably getting that info from Ornstein. Make of that what you will.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If current and past links anything to go by then Ƙdegaard, Bernard Silva, Aouar and Fekir.

And Julian Brandt if we want someone cheaper.
Gunnerblog was on the arseblog podcast today saying from what heā€™s heard Maddison isnā€™t a name being seriously discussed at a high level within Arsenal and heā€™s probably getting that info from Ornstein. Make of that what you will.

I think we tried for him but the cost was too much. It's too late in the window to do this now

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It says it there. Bottom left. But would be interesting to see it for the others as well.
Sorry, what I meant is similar list for other players to compare. Having a requirement of having 100+ for both open play & still balls is a tough feat, and can sound too good that he is "the only one".

TornadoTed

Established Member
I will be surprised if Azeez gets many EPL minutes this season. He is raw and young. I think this season he will get easy cup games mostly and train with the 1st team, while being the extreme back-up. I understand this because the midfield position is very difficult.
Hopefully he has a good chance of a few appearances with Partey and Elneny going AFCON even if they are 20 minutes from the bench.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love TomĆ”Å” RosickĆ½

ArsĆØne Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom