• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I cannot for the life of me understand why we didn't resign David Luiz. We need some experience. He'd have been a great option to have next to White until Gabriel sorts himself out.
David Luiz is currently a free agent. Kinda shows how little he is rated. I doubt Luiz experience would help us that much.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

With 1 game a week, it's hard to see 3 CB's getting injured tbh.
C'mon, the other CB's are Gabriel who is injured now and has had some problems, and the other Mari who is injured even more often.

The last one is Chambers, who isn't necessarily a CB, and is also often injured.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Goes against the Brexit narrative, but I would be in favour of selling him if it frees up funds for some good signings. Of course, I have little faith our exec team actually knows what it's doing...

Our promising CB's from last year (Ballard and McGuinness) have been loaned out again, I believe. Any promising youngster at the club to take the 5th choice spot (@MutableEarth)?
As @Monstar-Gunn4r correctly pointed out, McGuinness is gone permanently - a bit unfortunate as I did like him. Big, strong, decent on the ball and wins everything in the air. Ballard started his loan spell quite well for Millwall this weekend just gone (apparently anyway as I didn't watch).

I don't see any of the other CBs at the club being ready. Monlouis and Kirk are 2 very promising young defenders but they have a LOT of developing to do. Monlouis could be a huge talent in particular but I wouldn't consider them close. Ballard for me is as close as possible to a homegrown defender who could possibly play 4th/5th choice for us now.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
A couple of million? It'll be at least £15M. Look at United, they'll have 4 CB's for the season. City will have 4. You can't just expect everyone to get injured.
Issue isn't quantity, its quality. White and Gabriel get injured, we are pretty screwed. Are Mari or Chambers good enough? I like Chambers but it's been a minute since he played regularly at CB.

Having said that, if the opportunity comes to sell Holding for decent money, you take it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

A couple of million? It'll be at least £15M. Look at United, they'll have 4 CB's for the season. City will have 4. You can't just expect everyone to get injured.
I meant a couple million with 2 years in contract vs 3 years.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
David Luiz is currently a free agent. Kinda shows how little he is rated. I doubt Luiz experience would help us that much.
He might just be weighing up his options. I get that people are divided on him but i really liked him. Would rate him as one of the best centre backs of the modern era.

Token Yank

I generally liked Luiz at Arsenal.

Regarding Holding. Not the biggest fan of his. As others have said, would be nice to sell this window. Have Chambers as back up CB. Sell Soyboy and bring in a starting RB (Baku would be nice). Cedric as back up RB. Saliba returns next season as back up or maybe earns a starting spot.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What's the difference between Chambers being a right back now and simply moving over to replace Holding? I think Chambers is a lot better than Holding btw.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
C'mon, the other CB's are Gabriel who is injured now and has had some problems, and the other Mari who is injured even more often.

The last one is Chambers, who isn't necessarily a CB, and is also often injured.
Chambers was having a run in the team as a CB when he got injured in 19/20. The point is the club can't turn down a possible fee for Holding on the off chance that 3 CB's get injured at the same time.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
As @Monstar-Gunn4r correctly pointed out, McGuinness is gone permanently - a bit unfortunate as I did like him. Big, strong, decent on the ball and wins everything in the air. Ballard started his loan spell quite well for Millwall this weekend just gone (apparently anyway as I didn't watch).

I don't see any of the other CBs at the club being ready. Monlouis and Kirk are 2 very promising young defenders but they have a LOT of developing to do. Monlouis could be a huge talent in particular but I wouldn't consider them close. Ballard for me is as close as possible to a homegrown defender who could possibly play 4th/5th choice for us now.
Thanks for the insights. In my mind both went on loan again, shame McGuiness left for free. Seems like the type of player Chelsea would fetch 1.5-3m for. Hope he does well so we get get something from the sell-on clause.

Shame there isn't anyone behind who could fill the gap as stands. Ajax had some emergencies last year and Timber emerged who is a massive prospect. Highly rate him. I think it's okay to have the third choice (or fifth in the CB case) be an academy player, especially when playing one game a week. It's how Ajax and Barca in the past continuously (are forced to) discover talents from their academies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I cannot for the life of me understand why we didn't resign David Luiz. We need some experience. He'd have been a great option to have next to White until Gabriel sorts himself out.

He didn't want to sign with us.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Reporting that imbecile @HairSprayGooners for talking absolute bollocks for the hundredth time. No rumour, no tweet, nothing. Just this guy and the weird wish lists he has in his head and trying to wish them into existence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'll not be surprised if he start with White against Brentford . we can Use Chambers as Center back but don't think Holding will be leaving i think we'll open selling him next season and Saliba take his place,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom