• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Everything the 'Bell' has said today, I told you guys the other week, regarding Arsenal's enquiries so far, including initial fee of £40-50 million, and the fact they returned trying to see if they could offer players too (AMN+Nelson initially....Alternative possibility of Willock instead) to bulk it up to £60 million.
As I also reported at the time, as the 'Bell' is now, Leicester were not interested in anything but a cash option. With the exception of ESR/Saka/Saliba + cash deals, which were obviously not gonna happen.

Like I've also said too, that £60 million, isn't Leicester's 'Asking price', they want more than that.
Rodgers has also come out now and said, that looking at Grealish's price, he too wants £100 million, he's aware of Arsenal's interest in him.
Now that isn't realistic....Arsenal could not afford that, and it's just Rodgers's way of letting clubs know he's not going anywhere unless the fee is in the £65-80 million range the club wants.

Any comparisons to deals about Partey are irrelevant, he had a release clause.

Yes, I'm not saying it's a done deal, I'm saying the info is there. As in Arsenal are interested and want to put a bid in. If we don't bid maybe Bell is a fraud after all. But if we bid and even get rejected he remains ITK is what I'm saying because he's proved right about the clubs prefered target again. Bell is only as good as his sources

Personally I think it's a bit too late in the window to sign Maddison given you need to get replacements in. I think the ships sailed and Arsenal have ****ed up. That doesn't make Bells source necessarily wrong in it's beliefs

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'm not a male but I do wear glasses yes.
90% of AM when they find out @HairSprayGooners is not a man.

200.gif

SlyFox

From the Bell? Have you looked at the tweets. He's essentially said Maddison is the top target, told us who Arsenal's mediator is, said the fans were told 'judge us at the end of the window', and said Leicester have said any bid would need to be over £60m. Also they don't tweet very often.

A Leicester ITK on here claimed the same last week I think, except I think he said £70m.

Do you mind telling us the Pros and Cons of Maddison anyway please?
Yes from Bell, I've read them all concerning Maddison and there is so much that makes little sense that it's clearly either all bull', or they know of interest and are lying to pad things out to seem to be more in the look than they are.

Look at the stuff about the sell on clause. Apparently, he's so well connected that he knows what his wages will be, what is number will be, that he wants to go, what the offers are... but apparently couldn't get the information of the sell on clause from those parties and had to contact their "Norwich contact". Come on.

Then you have the stuff about minimum offers to get us to the table, nobody, unless they are as thick as mince, tells anyone what their minimal acceptable offer is. If anything you tell them a stupidly high figure and let them come back with an offer.

I could point out lots of other nonsensical stuff. As I said, there could be a certain amount of knowledge on it, and I'm sure you do hold an interest. But a huge amount of detail is clearly being fabricated.

As for the Leicester ITK, as I said before they aren't proven with anything and I find it odd that of all the places to share that information, it's on an Arsenal forum and not a Leicester one. Because if they really had that contact, they'd be on leicester social or forums providing info to us, not Arsenal fans.

Anyway, last words on it.

Maddison, decent player, lots of talent, needs to find a way of getting involved in games more.

Finesse

Any club in Leicester's position will do what they are doing to secure the best deal for themselves. This is a very simple transfer and I am not interested in the price of the player. What matters for me is what he can bring in as a player , how he can develop here and how long we can benefit from the investment.

It is same with the Ben White transfer. The general consensus was we were over paying for a unknown component. What I always stressed on was never his price or what he had done in the past since he is relatively young and new into the scene. It was more about what he can bring to Arsenal , how he can develop and how we can benefit and grow from the investment. After 2 games for Arsenal in preseason , no one needs any convincing about what Ben White brings into the team, especially in comparison to what we have. It is a no brainer he should be starting. A contrast to the initial sentiments when we were linked . The fanbase thought we were fine in defence and did not need to invest 50M and had other priorities. 2 games into preaseason and we already see what we lacked ! He has the qualities we need to develop and grow the defensive group of Gabriel , Saliba , Holding , Chambers etc. Interceptions , reading of the game , progressive ball carries , understands when to go tight and drop off , etc are immediate qualities he has , will develop and that will serve Arsenal for very many years. Saliba , Chambers etc will learn from him and develop together and Arsenal will benefit in defence. For Arsenal , based on our circumstances , market dynamics etc , he is worth the investment in the short and long term. An injury to him today in training or any doubts he may start the season and it will be the same reaction we got losing Partey few days ago. Just to confirm how much we look better with their qualities.

My point is , we have a weird way of not looking at our particular circumstances vis a vis our interest and valuation of players as a fan base. Over the years Arsenal has lost so many top players because of the 10-20m we refused to spend , and the general consensus was , we were not going to me mugged. However fast forward that , and we have saved nothing , gained nothing from all these apparent savings. We have tried to buy so cleverly we cannot even sell a player worth any decent amount for the past 2 seasons. Correct me if I am wrong Iwobi a club product has been our highest deal so far.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"Arsenal are preparing their first official offer to Leicester City for Maddison. Arsenal want to give the player the number 8"

News should break over the coming week.

"Arsenal club management explained to Madison his importance to the club's future plans, which made Madison want to move without any hesitation."

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

"Arsenal are preparing their first official offer to Leicester City for Maddison. Arsenal want to give the player the number 8"

"Arsenal club management explained to Madison his importance to the club's future plans, which made Madison want to move without any hesitation."

I know everyone loves The Bell but we can’t start taking every tweet from a dude writing in Arabic seriously…who is “Obai”? does he have twho brothers named “wan” and “kenobi”?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I never said that.

Apologies I thought you did. Must've been someone else when you were posting him.

@Leo_ense_ right first of all stop tagging me. Second of all if you don't like it there's a really simple thing you can do. Either leave or put me in ignore. I'm not being intimated by someone with a bloody transformers avi. Grow up and move on.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself

This is why Maddison will move, if Arsenal pay the £65-80 million.
He has a chance to move to a club where he will be the star man in midfield, he's not got that chance at Leicester.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom