• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He isn't a crucial player for Leicester yet he starts every game in the number 10, a crucial position at Leicester? James Maddison scores more, assists more and creates more in the premier league. He is currently the better player, Ødegaard may one day be better. But right now he is not, even with using eyes, most sane people can actually see Maddison is a better player.

Maddison scores big goals in big games, you're allowed an opinion, but when an opinion becomes an agenda it isn't pretty viewing.
You need to understand that Arsenal and Leicester are two completely different teams. At the moment, it’s easy for Maddison, he just hits passes into open spaces for Vardy and Barnes who are forever making runs. At Arsenal, he won’t have this, this is where his playmaking will come into practice and for me, he’s nowhere near as good as Ødegaard when it comes to playmaking. In fact, the only thing I’d say he’s better at is being a goal threat, but even then, his record in the PL is far from impressive.

There is a Leicester fan on this very forum who is telling you he is not one of their untouchables, he is telling you about Maddison’s weaknesses, and yet this fan base thinks he’s some sort of De Bruyne/Fernandes hybrid. Now I am triggered.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You need to understand that Arsenal and Leicester are two completely different teams. At the moment, it’s easy for Maddison, he just hits passes into open spaces for Vardy and Barnes who are forever making runs. At Arsenal, he won’t have this, this is where his playmaking will come into practice and for me, he’s nowhere near as good as Ødegaard when it comes to playmaking. In fact, the only thing I’d say he’s better at is being a goal threat, but even then, his record in the PL is far from impressive.

There is a Leicester fan on this very forum who is telling you he is not one of their untouchables, he is telling you about Maddison’s weaknesses, and yet this fan base thinks he’s some sort of De Bruyne/Fernandes hybrid. Now I am triggered.

Yes I've said it before Maddison is more of a Bruno type AM whereas Ødegaard is more of an Özil. The issue for me is Ødegaard is also nowhere near Özil, he doesn't take games by the scruff of the neck and doesn't score match winning goals. I feel he isn't a big game/big moment player. He is good, I wont deny that, and i'd happily take him as long as we also get a striker.

Maddison for me is in the Bruno mould, despite not being as good yet, he can be world class. He's still very young and is that guy who would take games by the scruff of the neck for us. He would also score important goals. Ødegaard tends to go for another pass instead of shooting when hes closer to the box.

Your opinion is very valid on their styles.

blrgooner

Established Member
I think if a new manager does come, he ill surprise many people here by not playing the fancy formations we see here.
I also think any new manager when he sees our team will definitely have Ødegaard as one of the first names in the teamsheet.
I believe players in the forward line will be more in danger

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The best version of Maddison versus the best version of Ødegaard I'd probably say Maddison is better and offers more threat going forward.

That said the best version of Maddison may not be seen frequent enough to pay 70m for.

Ødegaard for 35m is much better in the hope that he can build on his first 6 months in England and at 22 surely has more room for potential.

Ødegaard and say Max Aarons (who I thought had a solid game v Lpool despite losing 3 0) would be much better spent that just Maddison.
Interesting. I’d say the best version of Ødegaard for Arsenal was vs West Ham and Brighton. I can’t recall Maddison dominating games like this.

Gn1212

This now makes a lot more sense with the Bell's recent post.
Yeah, the hold-up with Ødegaard is odd.
They don't rate him and he isn't a popular figure in the dressing room. Madrid have no reason to delay this.

Madrid used to be tough to negotiate but the past 2-3 years they've been anything but that. They're always open about selling/loaning their players, and for reasonable fees too.
We supposedly have good connections with them as well.

This shouldn't have been a tough deal to do which backs up Bell's information.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, the hold-up with Ødegaard is odd.
They don't rate him and he isn't a popular figure in the dressing room. Madrid have no reason to delay this.

Madrid used to be tough to negotiate but the past 2-3 years they've been anything but that. They're always open about selling/loaning their players, and for reasonable fees too.
We supposedly have good connections with them as well.

This shouldn't have been a tough deal to do which backs up Bell's information.

Absolutely. I'd understand maybe a couple of weeks ago. But Ødegaard was left out the squad. I actually feel for the player, because if we don't come in he's going to rot on their bench.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’ve watched a lot. I love football, I’m a bit of a fantasy football fiend aswell so I watch a lot of football.

That's fair, and so am I. And I've seen Maddison win matches.

We have no player that can do this right now. Skip to 2.30.

Like I said. He's a big game, big moment player.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That's fair, and so am I. And I've seen Maddison win matches.

We have no player that can do this right now. Skip to 2.30.

Like I said. He's a big game, big moment player.
The thing is, these big games suit Leicester and their style of play. The thing with Maddison is, you’d want him being the player to receive the final pass for a shot, we need someone who can create openings, this is what we missed vs Brentford, it wasn’t a finisher.

Are we just going to ignore the fact he’s 24 years old and has 1 England cap?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The thing is, these big games suit Leicester and their style of play. The thing with Maddison is, you’d want him being the player to receive the final pass for a shot, we need someone who can create openings, this is what we missed vs Brentford, it wasn’t a finisher.

Are we just going to ignore the fact he’s 24 years old and has 1 England cap?

None of the players we will sign this summer will have many if any caps for their countries due to their age/development. What we want is those players performing for Arsenal and getting into their national sides due to that.

Our issue right now is the final third, and Maddison is a final third player. Our midfield lacks goals, Maddison adds that, he also creates chances.

What you're saying is you think Ødegaard would be better for Arsenal due to him being able to create more and play incisive passes, which is fair enough, I just don't think he moves the needle. Madders can also play incisive passes but like I said, he's a match winner.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
None of the players we will sign this summer will have many if any caps for their countries due to their age/development. What we want is those players performing for Arsenal and getting into their national sides due to that.

Our issue right now is the final third, and Maddison is a final third player. Our midfield lacks goals, Maddison adds that, he also creates chances.

What you're saying is you think Ødegaard would be better for Arsenal due to him being able to create more and play incisive passes, which is fair enough, I just don't think he moves the needle. Madders can also play incisive passes but like I said, he's a match winner.
I respectfully disagree. Vardy makes Maddison look a lot better then he is imo.

Ødegaard moves the needle in the sense he is a natural playmaker, we don’t have a single player in the team like him. You saw ESRs limitations against Brentford, fantastic at carrying the ball, but his final execution is poor.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I respectfully disagree. Vardy makes Maddison look a lot better then he is imo.

Ødegaard moves the needle in the sense he is a natural playmaker, we don’t have a single player in the team like him. You saw ESRs limitations against Brentford, fantastic at carrying the ball, but his final execution is poor.

I know you think Ødegaard is far, far above Maddison as a natural playmaker. But Maddison has been up there with KDB in chances created over the past 3 seasons.

Kysus

I posted open play stats as well, he's up there with KDB on those. In fact i think during the 19/20 season he was above KDB for open play creative stats. You can't deny this, its happened.
Love how you cherry pick the one stat that paints him in a good light while ignoring all the other which have him as fairly mediocre especially last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom