• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
25m for quality player who still very young and with good PL experience is very cheap. Look they have no choice he not signing new contract

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
CL football is important for him it seem he always demand that lol but even without it i can see us getting him the project we in and he will be around players that in his age would be attractive for him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Does anyone have better stats comparison of him? Can't find crab stats for this season.

I know WhoScored is what it is, but still it's interesting that Tielemans has Leicester's best overall rating this season.

His defensive numbers are bad though, like we know, at fbref. Tackles, clearances and blocks are about 51-67 percentile though, other defensive stats are much worse.

ragnarock

Is it just me or is he incredibly slow on the ball? I don’t mean running with it but he’s like standing still with it and it takes him forever between touches

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Is it just me or is he incredibly slow on the ball? I don’t mean running with it but he’s like standing still with it and it takes him forever between touches
He not the quickest also defensively imo he not that great still not many midfielders these days are really quick. As number 8 he'll be very good.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Need this to happen purely for the sheer amount of quotable @PretentiousFox receipts.

If they ever come out of hiding.
That 13 year old boy with his 10 A-M burner accounts has gone mysteriously quiet recently... funny that 🤣🤣🤣

pikey2000

Agreed, for that money you get him in, if poss. Also agree with some of the above, I don't think he is a nailed on improvement on Xhaka but he is his equal and whilst it would be nice to find an improvement over Xhaka, we also need quality depth if we are back in Europe, so to get someone like Tielemens for that price who can rotate with Xhaka without a huge dip in quality would be good business. We need 1 or 2 quality signings like this for depth in addition to players who raise the bar / youngsters for the future.

drippin

Looking at Real, Barca, PSG, Liverpool, Chelsea and City which I think are who Tielemans would choose over us, it seems that they all have their CMF/AMF positions pretty full next summer. Real has rumours of Tchouameni and Bellingham.

So United must be our main opponent for his signature. Maybe Tottenham if they get UCL over us.

25-30 million for a starting midfielder would leave us much more money to spend on other positions. Money saved here would get us a RB basically.

We would have Partey, Tielemans, Xhaka and Sambi for two positions, maybe ESR too. While Tielemans could be AMF cover for Ødegaard?

Is four players for two midfield positions enough with European football? Or do we need another one?

drippin

25?!

I expect ‘agreement reached’ tweets by April or I’ll do nothing.
I have doubts about that fee, but Tielemans has been a bit unfocused at Leicester. It's not likely they will keep him one year more and leave for free, because his performances might drop even further.

What is speaking for the fee being so low, is that Tielemans wants UCL, and there aren't that many clubs competing for his signature. Like I said above, to me it seems those top teams have his positions pretty much covered for next summer. And Tielemans has been suspect in defensive performances.

So it could be that Tielemans wants only Arsenal if we get UCL, so we could get him cheaper.

Youri is pure class when he’s on it, but has too many long lapses in form. If he stays, fine, will always be remembered for the cup final, but if he leaves, meh.

drippin

Youri is pure class when he’s on it, but has too many long lapses in form. If he stays, fine, will always be remembered for the cup final, but if he leaves, meh.
Yeah yeah, you never wanted to keep him anyway. Very surprising reaction. Just waiting for all the foxes to come out of their holes to come ****ting all over the place next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom