• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
£25m for Tielemans is a bargain, he'd be a versatile starter cover or cover for AM/CM/8.

Cooled a bit on him but that's damn cheap for a player of his quality

I mean, he ups the level of our CM offensive options by quite a bit and at a very cheap price. Can't think of many in league options at that price that would come in with his quality.

Are there even any? We'd be talking 30m+, maybe more if we go home grown.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I mean, he ups the level of our CM offensive options by quite a bit and at a very cheap price. Can't think of many in league options at that price that would come in with his quality.

Are there even any? We'd be talking 30m+, maybe more if we go home grown.
If we want quality yes more than 35m at least for example Neves or Fabian Ruiz.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He has been poor for a year now and seem to get slower and slower. Really not impressed with him and how he plays

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Not sure Liverpool are that interested they have Thiago and Harvey Elliot can play this role perfectly. Maybe to replace Henderson? There is no rumors about him leaving.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not sure Liverpool are that interested they have Thiago and Harvey Elliot can play this role perfectly. Maybe to replace Henderson? There is no rumors about him leaving.
And Keita?

Henderson has 3 years in contract, is captain and is 31,5 years old.

I can't see them selling him yet. I assume he will take the Milner kind of role, being an experienced rotation player.

Personally I can't see Tielemans being in any DMF role.

Is the person who mentioned Liverpool rumour reliable?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
And Keita?

Henderson has 3 years in contract, is captain and is 31,5 years old.

I can't see them selling him yet. I assume he will take the Milner kind of role, being an experienced rotation player.

Personally I can't see Tielemans being in any DMF role.

Is the person who mentioned Liverpool rumour reliable?
Not much he cover Belgian football but not the most trustworthy.

Yes forget about Kieta who just rediscover his form. Doesn't make sense to me unless they sell

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not much he cover Belgian football but not the most trustworthy.

Yes forget about Kieta who just rediscover his form. Doesn't make sense to me unless they sell
It could be agents trying to get a better deal, or Liverpool threatening to intervene so we have to pay more. Or Leicester putting that rumour to get more money.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Every Leicester player has been below par this season. For 25m it's a bargain. 1 year ago we would have been creaming over Tielemans for 50m. Get CL and get it done. He may not necessarily be guaranteed starter but he will be able to play a lot without dropping our level.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Every Leicester player has been below par this season. For 25m it's a bargain. 1 year ago we would have been creaming over Tielemans for 50m. Get CL and get it done. He may not necessarily be guaranteed starter but he will be able to play a lot without dropping our level.
I agree. If the 25 million figure is true then why not. I think he will be more though

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could have gotten Wilshere back on a free, smh.

Now we are spending big money on this clown, while Super Jack is balling in Denmark.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree. If the 25 million figure is true then why not. I think he will be more though
Can't see why it would be. 1 year left on contract, no intention of signing. While he's a good player he isn't world class where people would throw a load down to get it over the line.

Maybe 30m with add ons but the only club going to pay more would be the likes of Newcastle purely because they can.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
For the fee quoted I don't see how we could possibly lose on this transfer.

Even if you don't think he's at the level to start week in week out ( I'm not going to write him off on the back of one up and down season) we're in desperate need of rotation roles in CM. It's bare bones at the moment.

For £25m I'd bite Leicester's hand off for him. Even if he was no more than a squad player you'd be able to sell him off in a few years without losing any money.

TornadoTed

Established Member
For the fee quoted I don't see how we could possibly lose on this transfer.

Even if you don't think he's at the level to start week in week out ( I'm not going to write him off on the back of one up and down season) we're in desperate need of rotation roles in CM. It's bare bones at the moment.

For £25m I'd bite Leicester's hand off for him. Even if he was no more than a squad player you'd be able to sell him off in a few years without losing any money.
I think my biggest problem with him is that he is obviously better than Lokonga but not any better than Xhaka, different but not better in my opinion. No doubt the squad would improve but I don't think the first XI would. I would prefer to sign someone who would clearly bench Xhaka and then that improves both, I appreciate that it is easier said than done.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean he’s not an attacking player right, attacking players can stand out in bad teams, maybe attacking fullbacks too, but everyone else tends to look worse when the team ain’t good, which is what’s happening at Leicester.

Idk if he’s the absolute best CM out there, probs not, but he’s a baller and it’s clearly a “right time right price” sort of deal.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean he’s not an attacking player right, attacking players can stand out in bad teams, maybe attacking fullbacks too, but everyone else tends to look worse when the team ain’t good, which is what’s happening at Leicester.

Idk if he’s the absolute best CM out there, probs not, but he’s a baller and it’s clearly a “right time right price” sort of deal.
Leicester is not a bad team. This season he is one of the reasons they have struggled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom