• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

HLN who are most reliable news outlet in Belgium say we very interested talks with agent been very positive. Leicester didn't get any offer yet they still waiting Tielemans decision about new contract.

Leicester will accept 35M€ offer.

Not very keen on this.

Think he’s a decent player but I like what JWP offers defensively more as well as set pieces.

If we get CL we need to take advantage and try and get a guy like Rice, Tchouameni or Frenkie.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Tielemans the type of player we need though for midfield, I watched Xhaka yesterday and he stuck out like a sore thumb (not in a bad way) that shows his role isn’t sustainable imo.

People talk about pace and power and defensive duties but we can afford to give that up for technical quality in games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously amazing Tielemans been playing first team football since 13-14 season yet he still 25 years old ffs.

How that possible and how his body didn't break his injury record is impressive but i worry about that because his body might finally can't take it anymore when he'll be in his late 20's.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tielemans the type of player we need though for midfield, I watched Xhaka yesterday and he stuck out like a sore thumb (not in a bad way) that shows his role isn’t sustainable imo.

People talk about pace and power and defensive duties but we can afford to give that up for technical quality in games.

I feel Youri is a natural 8 though. I don’t know if he gets the space he needs to operate in here when he have MØ ahead.

I think we need a player who’s comfortable in a two more than a third midfielder.

When Leicester have dropped Maddison or Barnes deeper into the 10 slot rather than their normal wing slot and moved Tielemans to a 6 he’s looked abysmal.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Not very keen on this.

Think he’s a decent player but I like what JWP offers defensively more as well as set pieces.

If we get CL we need to take advantage and try and get a guy like Rice, Tchouameni or Frenkie.
I think because of we have too much to do we can't spend big on one player with Tielemans we still need 2 CF winger if Pepe leave backup LB maybe backup RB . If we only needed CM this summer I'd be confident we'll pay most of it for players you mentioned.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I feel Youri is a natural 8 though. I don’t know if he gets the space he needs to operate in here when he have MØ ahead.

I think we need a player who’s comfortable in a two more than a third midfielder.

When Leicester have dropped Maddison or Barnes deeper into the 10 slot rather than their normal wing slot and moved Tielemans to a 6 he’s looked abysmal.

I think we’ll have games where he plays with Ødegaard and games where he doesn’t. I think yesterday vs Leeds we’d have scored a fair few more if Xhaka was a bit more of a natural goal scorer, bit better on the turn and a cuter pass in him.

But this is why he can’t be the only addition because he can’t really be trusted to play deeper and with Partey being out we need someone better than Elneny.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think because of we have too much to do we can't spend big on one player with Tielemans we still need 2 CF winger if Pepe leave backup LB maybe backup RB . If we only needed CM this summer I'd be confident we'll pay most of it for players you mentioned.

I always believe it’s better to spend big on one or two players rather than five or six cheaper ones.

I’d rather keep all of Nuno, Eddie and Cedric if it means we don’t have to compromise on top level signings.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
this is happening.
Not bothered about his 'poor' season. Have seen it hundreds of times, will see it hundreds more; when one has bad form only for it to go up at a new club. Guy is class, just needs motivation that comes with a bigger club

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I always believe it’s better to spend big on one or two players rather than five or six cheaper ones.

I’d rather keep all of Nuno, Eddie and Cedric if it means we don’t have to compromise on top level signings.
Part agree, it's just a shame you listed Cedric, Mr compromise himself! Should have got a proper right back when we got him

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Yeah i agree but i guess we not in that stage yet maybe we waiting to finally complete rebuilding and after that just add the world class. Kroenke will never give very big budget to buy whoever we want

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think we’ll have games where he plays with Ødegaard and games where he doesn’t. I think yesterday vs Leeds we’d have scored a fair few more if Xhaka was a bit more of a natural goal scorer, bit better on the turn and a cuter pass in him.

But this is why he can’t be the only addition because he can’t really be trusted to play deeper and with Partey being out we need someone better than Elneny.

Yeah so this is the issue for me as well. If Partey is injured there’s no one who can play as a lone pivot.

Tielemans is a nice signing if you want to open weaker teams up but if we’re playing in the Bernabeu or San Siro you need to control the midfield.

That’s why I’d be putting big money into a top level 6. More value in Rice or Frenkie at 50M extra the cost than someone like Youri when you can find a similar level player in most windows.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah so this is the issue for me as well. If Partey is injured there’s no one who can play as a lone pivot.

Tielemans is a nice signing if you want to open weaker teams up but if we’re playing in the Bernabeu or San Siro you need to control the midfield.

That’s why I’d be putting big money into a top level 6. More value in Rice or Frenkie at 50M extra the cost than someone like Youri when you can find a similar level player in most windows.

Yeah think we both agree really. Not sure if he’s good enough to close the gap on the top teams but he’ll be valuable more than Xhaka against sides we dominate the ball against I think.

I think Xhaka might leave now.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
So if Tielemans is really wanted by Arteta, I think Arteta has his reason. After Ramsdale, Tomi, B. White, and Ødegaard, i trust Arteta on whatever he wants to build his system.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
So if Tielemans is really wanted by Arteta, I think Arteta has his reason. After Ramsdale, Tomi, B. White, and Ødegaard, i trust Arteta on whatever he wants to build his system.
Does look he mostly likes players who settled in PL i don't mind that we usually ignored that before with wenger. klopp build his team by signing Mane Wijnaldum and Robertson who all were playing in PL.

Goonger

Good managers improve players, fitness, attitude & make them work in their system. Mahrez was always seen as lazy for instance, he turned into an important player.

Whether Arteta can do similar to someone like Tielemans, let's see. Anyway, Belgium don't seem to mind having him as a starter.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

HLN who are most reliable news outlet in Belgium say we very interested talks with agent been very positive. Leicester didn't get any offer yet they still waiting Tielemans decision about new contract.

Leicester will accept 35M€ offer.
35 million euros sounds a bit too much for a player with 1 year in contract and a bad season. But on the other hand he is coming to his prime and is EPL proven. Plus even if he flops, it's hard to see us losing a lot of money, because Tielemans has a repuration and is a Belgium international starter.

He has played for a long time, but only in past two years he has played close to or more than 3000 league minutes.

I'm fine to take the risk with him, although his recent defensive work rate is alarming. Has likely lost motivation to fight midtable after succesful years at Leicester. And like someone said, he might be trying to avoid injuries. They have also had many injuries to midfield and defence, which affects team play.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I like this. A very Arsenal type player, well, certainly a player Wenger would have liked anyway. He will need to hustle up a bit in terms of workmate, but shouldn't be a big deal when you are a professional athlete.

Arteta had a good rep for really improving / adding skillets to players at City, so I'm sure he has seen enough in Tielemans to know he will fit his system.

If we keeping Elneny as Partey cover, that is a concern though. He is an able midfielder, but he isn't anywhere near as dynamic as Partey.

Maybe Xhaka is going & it will be Tielemans & another.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we keeping Elneny as Partey cover, that is a concern though. He is an able midfielder, but he isn't anywhere near as dynamic as Partey.

Maybe Xhaka is going & it will be Tielemans & another.
Partey, Ødegaard, Tielemans, Xhaka, another DMF/CMF and Elneny.

Sambi out on loan? To get that experience and solidity and develop.

City has Rodri, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva and Fernandinho. Foden and Zinchenko can play midfield too?

5-6 midfielders for a season with European football. Is that too much?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

City has Rodri, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva and Fernandinho. Foden and Zinchenko can play midfield too?

We have two young talents in Patino and Salah. Maybe they can contribute something next season

TornadoTed

Established Member

If we continue to play 433 then we absolutely need 5 or 6 midfielders.

If you want to always have relentless energy in the middle of the park for 60+ games you arguably can't have enough quality in midfield. Liverpool have 8 decent midfielders, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Henderson, Ox, Jones and Elliot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom