• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He was good a season or two ago, can't remember which it was. He's been horrible this time around, but then, so have Leicester. As you know, he's not my choice, i think he lacks mobility and physicality, however, i can see the reasoning behind the move:

- PL Experience
- Fairly low fee due to his contract
- Creative and the ability to play off both feet meaning he can play in both the Xhaka and Ødegaard role.

The key part in this is Arsenal fans needing to reaslise Xhaka is here to stay. Not only is he here to stay, he is here to stay in the starting 11. I have no doubt that our starting 3 next season will be Partey Xhaka Ødegaard. Tielemans is being signed to provide cover in two positions.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What's interesting is that Tielemans is likely a Xhaka upgrade for the future, and comparing the two for the past year, Tielemans has much better defensive stats which is a bit surprising to me.

The big benefit of upgrading Xhaka is less probability for reds and penalties.

Goonger

What's interesting is that Tielemans is likely a Xhaka upgrade for the future, and comparing the two for the past year, Tielemans has much better defensive stats which is a bit surprising to me.

I had no idea Xhakas were so poor! 😱

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And probably that cm can’t just be a 6 like Rice, cos we’re still working our way through the Partey contract.

Any combination of Partey/Xhaka/Tielemans/Ødegaard in a 3 would be fine, I mean yeah he’s fat and can’t run but he is a baller tbf, stop moaning.

Xhaka - Tielemans - Ødegaard? I don’t see how that’s fine. Xhaka’s recent around is mostly down to not have to be a dedicated DM.

Even worse would if Xhaka then got a suspension and forced to replace him with Elneny or Sambi.

But Arteta’s got Elneny passing forward so maybe he can even get this guy to put in a defensive shift.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The one on the down right is the current season.

Comparison with Xhaka

FSV1zFUXsAgfLRh

FSV1S6GVkAIU0aN

drippin

Comparison with Xhaka

FSV1zFUXsAgfLRh

FSV1S6GVkAIU0aN
This is not right, because Xhaka has thus far played 23,2 ninety minute games. That chart has him at 9,2 ninety minute games, so it is old, and such a small sample size will distort it in a way.

We would need a newer chart for Xhaka to compare.

6666Louis

Xhaka is part not part the solution.

When partey plays, he plays as the only anchor, pushing Xhaka forward. When he doesn’t, Xhaka and elneny both play as holding midfielders

Bcs Xhaka is too slow

Tielemans is vastly better, but not sure he’s the one

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Tottenham fans that live in AM trying to distract the key Arsenal player and the fans just before NLD. Nice nice

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Better than Xhaka in every facet of the game bar leadership and aggression.

My only gripe with Tielemans is that he’s a bit on the lazy side and like Xhaka not the quickest off his feet.

drippin

Tottenham fans that live in AM trying to distract the key Arsenal player and the fans just before NLD. Nice nice
Hasn't Xhaka told that he doesn't follow any public media? I assume he doesn't read AM.

Are you saying Xhaka is a liar, and he indeed reads AM?

In any case, everyone knows Xhaka stays here next season. So who of those in the know would be distracted? Xhaka? :D And surely Xhaka doesn't want better team-mates to compete for success with? I think Tielemans can be used as Ødegaard cover too.

Btw. have you ever read the Tottenham thread on this forum, and seen what I have said there?

Your whole post is total nonsense. Sounds pretty paranoid. :lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It is better to pack your squad with players that are already adjusted to your league. This is what Liverpool, Juve, Bayern and Barca do very well. Gabby J and Tielemans for less than £50-£60 million is excellent squad building. It leaves us some fees left over to target a big player e.g. Nunez, Osimhen or Frenkie de Jong. Personally, I would bring in another CM too and move on Xhaka/Elneny. Do something like this:

First Team

Jesus-Nunez-Saka
Tielemans-Partey-Ødegaard
Tierney-Gabby-White-Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

Bench: Martinelli, ESR, Sanchez, Saliba, Cedric, Hickey, Holding, Elneny, Lokonga.

Second Team

Balogun-Jesus-Martinelli
Nunes-Lokonga-ESR
Hickey-Saliba-Holding-Cedric
GK

Last edited:

drippin

Better than Xhaka in every facet of the game bar leadership and aggression.

My only gripe with Tielemans is that he’s a bit on the lazy side and like Xhaka not the quickest off his feet.
If you compare to Xhaka, lacking in aggression is quite positive thing in many ways. :lol: He does have better defensive stats than Xhaka.

Tielemans has captained Belgium at least a couple times in past weeks.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I keep seeing people complain about Tieleman’s lack of athleticism and how that affects us on transitions, but signing faster midfielders won’t help that much. I can kick a ball faster than most can run and I’m not even a professional. Let me ask you this. Would you consider any of the following midfields to be athletic?

Liverpool’s: Thiago-Fabinho-Henderson
City’s: Gundogan-Rodri-KdB
Real Madrid: Kroos-Casemiro-Modric
Barca: Pedri-Busquets-De Jong
Bayern: Muller-Kimmich-Gozertka
PSG: Veratti-Perreira-Winjaldum.

Maybe you can consider Bayern and PSG to be athletic but for the most part I don’t think any of the above are more athletic than what Tielemans-Partey-Ødegaard could offer. I do want a more athletic midfielder though, however not for the reasons you might think of. I would like our pressing to improve and signing a quicker midfielder could definitely help us win the ball higher up the pitch. It’s what Winjaldum done very well for Liverpool during his peak years.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

If you look at the stats Tieleman’s is better defensively than Xhaka who ranks as among the poorest rated defensive midfielder ls that starts for any top ten side. I don’t know where this reputation for defense comes, the best he has ever played for Arsenal is in an advanced role. Xhaka’s tackling, pressuring, interceptions numbers are way worse than a mediocre Tielemans without the offensive upside Tielemans brings. Stats don’t lie Xhaka is awful defend Tielemans is a by a significant margin better despite defense being his weakness

If you look at the stats Tieleman’s is better defensively than Xhaka who ranks as among the poorest rated defensive midfielder ls that starts for any top ten side. I don’t know where this reputation for defense comes, the best he has ever played for Arsenal is in an advanced role. Xhaka’s tackling, pressuring, interceptions numbers are way worse than a mediocre Tielemans without the offensive upside Tielemans brings. Stats don’t lie Xhaka is awful defend Tielemans is a by a significant margin better despite defense being his weakness
Youre blinded by stats, bud. Tielemans is awful defensively, truly awful. On his day, a very impressive player, off his game, a complete passenger. Has far too many long periods of poor form. If he could sustain the good form, he would be at City, Madrid or one of the other moneybags clubs. He has served his purpose well at Leicester, and we wont foerget the cup final goal, so has payed his transfer fee back. However, if you want him, and will pay a fee of any description for the remainder of his contract, fill yer boots.

daron christie

I don’t know why but this kid reminds of the type that would never tidy up his room and never learnt how to cook and do his washing before leaving home only to be at the mercy of a woman to survive in his own pad. Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom