• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Who is the steak and who is the cheeseburger?

7th percentile in progressive passes 🤦‍♂️

He's a destroyer. We already have Thomas who is a big club's version of a destroyer. We don't need or have any use for Francis Coquelin. Much less when he costs £30m and isn't even necessarily an upgrade on Elneny.

Gn1212

He's a destroyer. We already have Thomas who is a big club's version of a destroyer. We don't need or have any use for Francis Coquelin. Much less when he costs £30m and isn't even necessarily an upgrade on Elneny.
Fairs. I can see the argument of wanting him as backup but wanting him to replace Xhaka isn't it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bissouma is number 6 Tielemans is number 8 It's not difficult. Bissouma is much better defensively Tielemans is much better offensively I'd buy them both but Bissouma won't join to be 4th choice.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bissouma is more don't to us we not having a single 6 on the team when Partey gets injured and the team suffers because of it at times.

Obviously he's not as well rounded as Partey, far from it, but he could allow our other two midfielders are bit more freedom.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

There's a real question about who is better. Elneny is better in possession, much more active and not as hidden in possession to the extremes of quasi-midfielders like Coquelin or Willock and in this case Bissouma, but not as active in defence and dispossession.

Long story short: paying any substantial quantity for Bissouma would be madness.

The obsession with him on this forum is weird. He's a Doucoure level player, who I remember some wanted too back in the day when he was with Watford, haha.

Whatever you think of Tielemans, we're talking about two clearly different categories and levels of players. They don't belong in the same conversation, in short.

6666Louis

No matter what, we need another six. If Elneny and Xhaka plays as much as this season, we will not compete for CL.

Bissouma could be our six(?!) Declan Rice could(!?) Guendouzi could(!?), Partey could be an amazing eight

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
No matter what, we need another six. If Elneny and Xhaka plays as much as this season, we will not compete for CL.

Bissouma could be our six(?!) Declan Rice could(!?) Guendouzi could(!?), Partey could be an amazing eight

Guendzouzi is never a 6, he completely abandons any defensive responsibility and is very good at progressing play so he could of been an 8 here with a good enough DM allowing for his lack of responsibility. As for Partey being an 8, his passing and attacking instincts are nowhere near good enough. He's a 6. We probably need a better 6 as back up. But Bissouma is unlikely to come here to be back up.

Declan Rice would cost 100 billion million trillion dollars.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Stop using statistics from Fbref to pain Bissouma out as some clogger.

He can play further forward and has a very good shot. It's under instruction. Brighton progress the ball down the sides. He isn't going to be playing line breakers constantly.

Partey, Bissouma, Xhaka, Tielemans. That is top quality and you can have any combination except Xhaka and Tielemans.

It leaves you Elneny and Lokonga for cup games.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

He can play further forward and has a very good shot. It's under instruction. Brighton progress the ball down the sides. He isn't going to be playing line breakers constantly.

Partey, Bissouma, Xhaka, Tielemans. That is top quality and you can have any combination except Xhaka and Tielemans.

I like the idea of that four but are you looking at 4231 or 433? I'm not sure what direction the team wants to go in and also assuming Partey won't stay fit so my first choice is to replicate Partey. The drop off without him is too significant.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Yeah, Bissouma is a really good player. Much better technically than Elneny. He used to play as a number 10 or attacking 8 in France which should tell you everything. The Brighton fans have been saying for years that he's their best player. Not just best at destroying but their best footballer.

Personally, I hope that we go for both Tielemans & Bissouma. It's a golden opportunity with them both in the last year of contract. Then we could figure it all out later. It's hard to read the Elneny extension any other way though - signs are that he's our backup 6 unfortunately.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like the idea of that four but are you looking at 4231 or 433? I'm not sure what direction the team wants to go in and also assuming Partey won't stay fit so my first choice is to replicate Partey. The drop off without him is too significant.

There is not a player that can replicate Partey does that we can obtain for a reasonable fee. When we lose Partey we lose speed and physicality. His ball progression, carrying and press resistance are attributes to, but you don't need them vs mid to low table teams. What is the point in having Xhaka next to Tielemans if they are just going to get run off the pitch by midtable midfield who have speed and energy.

Having a Bissouma counteracts that. It doesn't have to be him though. Sangre and C. Doucoure can also do the same job, but Bissouma is probably going to cost 25 million and knows the league.

Bissouma+ Tielemans for 50 million would be insane business. We could even let Xhaka go and keep Lokonga and Elneny as back ups if we could snag Chukwuemeka from Villa.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Why a finished Witsel is starting ahead of him for Belgium?

Makes you think.
I had a little think:
roberto martinez daydream GIF by Sporza

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
To be fair to Tielemans, Cazorla wasn't blessed with lightning speed but his two-footedness and close control made him dynamic. Hopefully Tielemans can be a Cazorla-lite for us. At this point I would take that.
Cazorla was outrageously good on the ball. Tielemans is nowhere near the dribbler that Santi was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom