• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I just can't think of any good targets for 6 so late in the window. So if we just get youri and in case partey is missing, we can just play xhaka in 6. I know we have had a lot of issues with him playing as the deepest mid but in a much more settled team he should be able to do a job I believe (hope)
Guessing this is probably the plan, probably try and develop Lokonga for a longer term option.

ajamaican

Player:Saka
This is obviously going to happen eventually, especially once the rest of the trash is disposed of.

My guess is deadline day or very close to it.

Gn1212

The trouble is we have been without Champions League football for 6 years, I don't think it's realistic for a Europa level team to have 2 quality players for every single position.
That kind of thinking will ensure that stays that way.
Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs in the world. We ain't West Ham or Leicester trying to play it smart. Those examples 9/10 end up coming short time after time.

With Man Utd and Chelsea destabilised, Arsenal has the chance to leapfrog them and get closer to City. We've been in similar situations before with Arsène. We were 2-3 players away from getting to that next level, we usually addressed 1 and the club thought that was enough. To nobody's surprise it wasn't enough, we missed the window to level up and saw the rest bypass us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs in the world. We ain't West Ham or Leicester trying to play it smart. Those examples 9/10 end up coming short time after time.

With Man Utd and Chelsea destabilised, Arsenal has the chance to leapfrog them and get closer to City. We've been in similar situations before with Arsène. We were 2-3 players away from getting to that next level, we usually addressed 1 and the club thought that was enough. To nobody's surprise it wasn't enough, we missed the window to level up and saw the rest bypass us.
Exactly. When there are players like Tielemans still available for "peanuts", Fabian Ruiz or even Douglas Luiz with a year in contract (not a fan, but he is better than Elneny and Sambi), Arsenal should finally take the advantage, because depending on injury-prone players like Partey and no quality depth in midfield has been a constant since Wenger. It has ruined us time and time again.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Exactly. When there are players like Tielemans still available for "peanuts", Fabian Ruiz or even Douglas Luiz with a year in contract (not a fan, but he is better than Elneny and Sambi), Arsenal should finally take the advantage, because depending on injury-prone players like Partey and no quality depth in midfield has been a constant since Wenger. It has ruined us time and time again.

Yeah and don’t forget most clubs are skint after Covid. Arsenal are a rich club and we seem to be at least somewhat backed by our owners to invest. We can really make up some ground on the top 2 if we splash the cash. Deals like the ones you mention are where we need to take advantage. Any one of those players will improve us.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I agree with you but I'm trying to be realistic. To get 2 quality players in every position we probably need another 4-5 players at £30-40m or £120-200m. There is no way we can or should spend that on top of the £120 we have already spent.

I believe we will get to where you want to be but it will take 1-2 Summer windows yet. The difference between now and the past is we have a young squad so we won't see players leaving or declining anytime soon so we always a few players short and playing catch up every year. I feel this squad will only get added to and upgraded over the next couple of summers.

Gn1212

I agree with you but I'm trying to be realistic. To get 2 quality players in every position we probably need another 4-5 players at £30-40m or £120-200m. There is no way we can or should spend that on top of the £120 we have already spent.

I believe we will get to where you want to be but it will take 1-2 Summer windows yet. The difference between now and the past is we have a young squad so we won't see players leaving or declining anytime soon so we always a few players short and playing catch up every year. I feel this squad will only get added to and upgraded over the next couple of summers.
See, I don't think we're that far off, and judging from what Edu and Arteta said recently, they don't think that either.
Currently, I think we have a very good chance at being Top 4 and challenging for the EL.
One or two more signings I think we're moreso closer to City, I think CL qualification will come naturally without even thinking about it.
I think that puts us 3rd, with an outside chance of 2nd if one of City or Liverpool slip up.
That would be a great spot for next summer where we don't really have to go gung-ho again in the summer with 3-4 new key signings. I think we can then enter fine tuning mode.
The club will be able to use its status again with some of the high calibre free agents out there.

smashed

We cannot buy these players and pay them the wages until we get other players wages off the books.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
See, I don't think we're that far off, and judging from what Edu and Arteta said recently, they don't think that either.
Currently, I think we have a very good chance at being Top 4 and challenging for the EL.
One or two more signings I think we're moreso closer to City, I think CL qualification will come naturally without even thinking about it.
I think that puts us 3rd, with an outside chance of 2nd if one of City or Liverpool slip up.
That would be a great spot for next summer where we don't really have to go gung-ho again in the summer with 3-4 new key signings. I think we can then enter fine tuning mode.
The club will be able to use its status again with some of the high calibre free agents out there.
You're in dreamland bud.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I genuinely don't think we are in for this guy. I think one year left, able to play as an 8, has Tielemans linked to us heavily as an upgrade on Xhaka.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The problem with this team is that it is consistently inconsistent. We had a run of games that could have saw us finish 3rd or 4th and we ended up 5th. And the same problems will arise this season.

Thankfully the teams around us have the same issues and it will be a case of who is the least worst from us Sp**s, Chelsea and United.

We've made good additions and have the advantage of being able to rest certain players mid week. But we've had those advantages before and blew them. We could finish 3rd in as much as we could finish 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom