• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - 4 Arsenal | Saturday 31st, December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Brighton-Vs-Arsenal.jpg

Must win game.

Let's be honest, they're a far better side than West Ham. Tactically, they're one of the best team in league. They contract the space on pitch and force you to play on their terms and look to impose their game on you. But we're a much different team to the side that lost to them at the tail end of last season tbf.

Screenshot-20221227-004230.png

Screenshot-20221227-004257.png

Screenshot-20221227-004310.png

Screenshot-20221227-004347.png

139324ec-fdce-46d3-b61f-57257b608ba9.png

Prediction

Brighton 0-1 Arsenal

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Redcafe

Arsenal deserve the title... they have been great all season

The thought of Xhaka getting a PL medal is insane.

They could win every game for a year and I’d still somehow not buy it. Wtf happened?

fecking bending over already. Had that been us they would be prime Bielsas Bilbao.

The Arsenal fan meltdown when they still throw it away despite it looking to have massively turned their way will be glorious :drool: :drool:

Arsenal are for real

Honestly I would rather Arsenal win the title than the plastics across the city but feck me the gooner supporters are ****s to a person.

Really don’t understand why teams give this arsenal team so much respect. Look at how much of the ball they control. Its not like they are some prime barcelona ffs. Just an ordinary team and if you attack them (like we did), they will crumble.

I do think when pundits say 'they haven't played anyone special', their pursuit becomes all the more easier. They can get about their business.

They are consistent, have a settled XI, create so many chances and Saliba has held things together. Bit like Campbell was for them.

Of course, we faced Brightelona whereas Arsenal face Brurton Albion.

Be nice if the Brighton that turned up against us could turn up instead of laying down the red carpet for them.

That’s that then. When shots like that are going in and your closest challengers have dropped points at home earlier, it’s destined to be your year.

Amazing how at least 50% of clubs in the PL revert to **** in matches when not playing us

Name on the trophy.

11 pts ahead of us. So sad… I was hoping to be closer to the top. When is their luck going to run out?

Lego Pep > Bald Pep

They have 14 wins and a draw for 16 games… it’s very irritating but they are winning and winning. What I don’t understand is how early they score. I would like to see teams make them struggle more.

Normally I would say seven points isn’t enough of a lead over City but Arsenal are putting together the kind of formidable run that City and Liverpool have done in recent seasons. This league has become weird and this team is on course to finish with more points than Wenger ever did. Hopefully one day we’ll be saying the same of ETH and Sir Alex.

How did Arsenal come to this?

Pain, patience, scouting, luck and a fair bit of money.

Arsenal look legit title threats....must make being a Sp**s fan painful right now

What is going on with Arsenal?

They're actually going to win the league aren't they? Probably by April too at this rate

How the feck did this happen? I swear it was only a few weeks ago we were laughing at Lego Pep :(

Arsenal are simply a better team than City - who are nowhere near as good as they were last season

Way too much hatred for Arsenal on this forum. The alternative is City winning 3 in a row. No thanks.

If Utd can't win it then I really hope Arsenal do. Far better than City or Liverpool.

Yep...quite incredible, especially Arsenal.

I think most teams aren't prepared to play them. United were but also played them at home. United probably should have beaten Newcastle away, but haven't been as clinical thus draw was fair.

Arsenal have a lot of movement, pace, and fluidity about them for the entire match. They keep going. Same w Newcastle, they keep going and are a much more physical and sized team, but have enough skill and pace to overwhelm.

How did these lot become so good?!

feck me Ødegaard......

That vision...:eek::eek::eek:

Give them the title

Unfortunately this Arsenal side is very good.

Moviegooner

Seven points clear!!
Nerves at the end, but the three points are in the bag! Brilliant first half with a fantastic Ødegaard and Partey. So many Ødegaard haters are complaining: He's not good enough, buy Maddison, doesn't score. Stfu! Pundits are raving about Casimero, but what about Partey. He's clearly the best midfielder in the league. Eddie also showed the haters. What a great backup to have! And then the nerves at the end. A few things that could have caused it: subs weren't cutting it, we took off the gas a bit too much, or Brighton grew into the game after the 1-3. It's probably that we took off the gas, and that was understandable because we play again on Tuesday. Don't about the draws, but this year 2022 only six losses in the Premier League. Fantastic. Let's continue and do the impossible! Happy new year Gooners!

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Still raging that White was yanked off 30 seconds before banking the clean sheet and Pep brought Foden on with 5 minutes to go. Otherwise it has been a good day. Happy new years all!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

3d36661723c5d966e129c69fd628e1f1ff5a4268b3cb68293bf83e5a348cacab_5672958.jpg

"Superb win for Arsenal that, superb win Martin...I think they should be fine for Top Four now, but I still think City will win the league obviously though...also I am still not convinced they will get Top Four..."

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Kind of concerning how we progressively crumpled throughout second half

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Our manager made basic error you don't take off your fullbacks who shut down Mitoma and March for 60 minutes you make these subs last 10 minutes we gift Brighton unnecessary chance because they done nothing offensively.

I agree. But then again plenty on here have been calling for earlier subs etc… Tomiyasu “should” have been able to deal. Was just rusty

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Kind of concerning how we progressively crumpled throughout second half
Too many of our players went off tbf. Both fullbacks plus Partey. And Brighton's ego was hurting a little so they jumped us. Saliba being off-color. Things to work on

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom