• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can you link me to it?
Here is what I said, with links:
Here is Caicedo, Partey, Rice, Onana this season and Bissouma from last season at Brighton stats in EPL. Press "toggle per 90" for all stats.

I compared Caicedo, Partey and Rice earlier in other threads, and they're quite equal. Rice is a bit better passer than Caicedo, but he is not far behind. Passes less long balls, but better accuracy. Otherwise pretty similar passer, but of course take into account West Ham's bad season in all the stats, while Partey likely has his best season. It's interesting that Caicedo is the best aerially while being the shortest and youngest.

Overall vs. Onana (same age) and Bissouma, Caicedo seems to be more complete. Better going up, passing, progressive passing etc. Bissouma seems to have been maybe similar defensively, and best at dribbling, but otherwise inferior player. He is also the best shooter of all of these, Bissouma is quite close though with his accuracy and shooting distance.

I think this is a very good signing in January, it's good to see the club goes for long-term option that can help instantly. I assume 75-80 million pounds will do it. Of course he might want to play again under Potter, and might get more game-time there, so Chelsea is a big threat. But Arteta and Arsenal have a much better thing going on currently.

bastun

Player:Saka
I don't see how we pull this off if Brighton are so stubborn to negotiate. Hope I'm wrong. One positive of Mydrik saga is I don't get excited on any rumour now. Just patiently waiting regardless of the outcome.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't see how we pull this off if Brighton are so stubborn to negotiate. Hope I'm wrong. One positive of Mydrik saga is I don't get excited on any rumour now. Just patiently waiting regardless of the outcome.
Brighton have always been stubborn to negotiate. They will sell for a certain sum though. It's also what rumours say, pay the price, otherwise he is not for sale.

They said they won't sell Cucurella with 4 years in contract, eventhough he forced himself out in similar way, refusing to train. Sold him the next day. Caicedo only has 2,5 years in contract, so Brighton is not in as good position here.

They do need to get a good replacement though, otherwise their fans will go mental and their season is ruined. Caicedo is their top 3 player. Dealing with Leipzig who are 2nd in Bundesliga for Haidara with 2,5 years in contract won't be cheap in January either. So we'll see if it's possible, if they have done some negotiations already for replacements.

Ljonin

Pay whatever. Partey might be injured again. We are so stupid risking him outside PL when we have no other option. Our title hopes depend on him, signing Caicedo gives us some safety. Don’t care about 10 or 20 million more. We cannot go into the tail end of the season counting on Partey staying fit.

it’s not the money. They simply won’t let him leave this window. And why should they? He’ll swallow it, will keep quiet for a few months and then get his big money move in the summer.

Move on to other targets

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Chelsea bid 55m we bid 60m, it's reported Brighton want anywhere between 75-90m. It's clearly both Chelsea and Arsenal do not believe he's worth anywhere near what Brighton want.

Tir Na Nog

When you try to get a deal done this late it's always gonna be tough. The last few late deals I recall us doing Partey and Tomiyasu. Atletico would've never sold if we didn't trigger the release clause, Tomiyasu wasn't as high a profile transfer and the money we paid was a lot to a club like Bologna. It's a lot different with Brighton who don't need to sell now and aren't in desperate need of the money, also got no time to replace one of their stars hence why it's likely it'll need to be over the odds. Probably also explains why Caicedo did what he did, we probably told his people we wouldn't be going to what Brighton want, Brighton told them they don't want to sell, so they've felt the need to force the issue.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Arsenal need to wise up in the transfer market. You pay what the selling club wants, not what you think is fair. The selling club doesn't care for what you think is fair, they want they think the player is worth. Don't go for a player who has an asking price thought to be £75m if you think £60m is "fair".

Classic Arsenal this, if we don't get someone in, and we miss out on the title because of Sambi, Edu needs to go.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Here is what I said, with links:

I was impressed with the general stats. I looked at per 90 for all of the areas.

He seems like he was almost keeping up with Rice and Partey with the passing stats. Of course slightly less of a range but still impressive compared to Bissouma and Onana.

Regarding defending, tackles and interceptions he is the best out of the lot if I remember correctly, which is of course very good.

My concern is the dribbling/ball carrying, where he came off comfortably worst except for Onana who looked generally quite poor across the board. I guess it doesnt measure what scenarios he did this (maybe he is relied on doing it in very risky scenarios for Brighton, kind of like what we do with Partey)- but still. The % of success was very low compared to Partey, Rice and Bissouma.

I would like to try to find in depth stats for ball carrying, press evasion and dribbling because I think its extremely important in our system for opening up space for transitions / counter attacks.

Tir Na Nog

Arsenal need to wise up in the transfer market. You pay what the selling club wants, not what you think is fair. The selling club doesn't care for what you think is fair, they want they think the player is worth. Don't go for a player who has an asking price thought to be £75m if you think £60m is "fair".

Arsenal aren't going to publicly admit they knew 60m would be too low tho. Otherwise you lose negotiating power. In almost every deal the selling and buying club compromise to some degree. If we go straight in with 75 million Brighton could easily chance their arm at getting more. It's been speculated they might value at that but there's no concrete evidence. The latest seems to be 90m. FTR I think he'll eventually go for much less than that whether it's this window (unlikely) or the summer I'm thinking about 70m.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Classic Arsenal this, if we don't get someone in, and we miss out on the title because of Sambi, Edu needs to go.
Edu has already overachieved. He is not going anywhere. He is still gonna get praise for two signings this window

Tir Na Nog

We can also point to the fact that Chelsea only bid 55m. We can say there's another club that don't value him anywhere near what Brighton do. I believe eventually Brighton will lower their demands because the player has shown he'll push a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom