• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Yea 1 year on his deal and he looks world class with the potential to go up 2 levels at his age. Real or PSG bound most likely. Arteta ****ed this one

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There's only 2 possible clubs he will leave us for right at this moment, City or Real Madrid and I don't see that happening.

He will sign but he wants a few more quid. Pretty confident about him resigning.
He is actually overrated by Arsenal fans. Very good prospect. But as usual we go overboard

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Some good points. Defensively Saliba was shocking at many points over the season or made errors leading to goals and people have forgotten about it.
But on the other hand Carragher fails to address the fact that Saliba is more comfortable on the ball and assured in possession and without him we suffered on the ball too.
He made some mistakes leading to goals, saying that he did it many times is just bizarre when you look at our defensive record with him on the team.

Some of you guys are presenting him as Mustafi with the ball skills. Saliba is a great defender, but he will make mistakes, especially with the high line we are playing when he is on.

I was happy to accept a few goals he will cost us, there are so many benefits when he is playing that it doesn't even matter if we concede a few

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He is actually overrated by Arsenal fans. Very good prospect. But as usual we go overboard
I'm not speaking from a fans point of view or saying he's only good enough for City or Madrid.

I'm looking at it from the players point of view.

Going back to France to PSG is a backward step after one year in the best league in the world. Especially given that Messi is leaving, Neymar is done and Mbappe may leave sooner rather than later.

The Bundesliga is also inferior to the PL which rules Bayern out.

Italy isn't as attractive as us at this stage of his career.

Spain is the only place that will attract a top young player like Saliba. Everyone dreams of Real Madrid and maybe Barca when they sort their **** out.

Apart from that the only other step up is City.

You don't leave Arsenal right now (in the future maybe) for anyone other than the 2 teams I mentioned.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Less than a handful of clubs he can realistically join at this stage. Never say never though.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Thought there was an option to extend his contract until 2025?

If its only 2024, it will be interesting what we are doing this summer.

Bucephalus

I'm not speaking from a fans point of view or saying he's only good enough for City or Madrid.

I'm looking at it from the players point of view.

Going back to France to PSG is a backward step after one year in the best league in the world. Especially given that Messi is leaving, Neymar is done and Mbappe may leave sooner rather than later.

The Bundesliga is also inferior to the PL which rules Bayern out.

Italy isn't as attractive as us at this stage of his career.

Spain is the only place that will attract a top young player like Saliba. Everyone dreams of Real Madrid and maybe Barca when they sort their **** out.

Apart from that the only other step up is City.

You don't leave Arsenal right now (in the future maybe) for anyone other than the 2 teams I mentioned.
PSG isn't happening. They splash their money on attacking talents. I don't think Bayern is happening either. If City come raiding, we probably can't hold them off if they're that determined, but we'd hold out for a fee that I don't think they'd go for.

My only real worry is Liverpool. If United or Newcastle collapse and Liverpool snatch the last CL spot, and they decide it's time to cut bait on VVD (who hasn't looked like himself since the knee injury), that could be a sensible landing spot for Saliba. But I think he genuinely likes Arsenal, and will stay so long as negotiations don't go wildly astray.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
PSG isn't happening. They splash their money on attacking talents. I don't think Bayern is happening either. If City come raiding, we probably can't hold them off if they're that determined, but we'd hold out for a fee that I don't think they'd go for.

My only real worry is Liverpool. If United or Newcastle collapse and Liverpool snatch the last CL spot, and they decide it's time to cut bait on VVD (who hasn't looked like himself since the knee injury), that could be a sensible landing spot for Saliba. But I think he genuinely likes Arsenal, and will stay so long as negotiations don't go wildly astray.
You don't leave Arsenal for Liverpool now. Not in a month of Sundays. A year or two ago yes. Not now we are on the up they are on their way down with major work required.

They have a world class manager but how long has he left there? I'm not sure.

All he's doing is holding out for a few extra quid.

Bucephalus

You don't leave Arsenal for Liverpool now. Not in a month of Sundays. A year or two ago yes. Not now we are on the up they are on their way down with major work required.

They have a world class manager but how long has he left there? I'm not sure.

All he's doing is holding out for a few extra quid.
I absolutely agree with you. I think that Saliba is 90% re-signed with Arsenal. It's just the only place (if they manage to fluke CL) that would be plausible from the club side, if not the player's. They built off a hugely expensive lock-down CB who is now fading. So I can see them trying it again. PSG, Bayern, and whoever in Italy aren't going to pay, for different reasons, what we'd charge. And we have enough financial clout now to not let City raid our key pieces like they did 10-15 years ago. Gotta be a weird contract negotiation for Saliba's agents--where is his threat to go elsewhere? Liverpool was my only guess, because even if Liverpool doesn't make sense for Saliba, Saliba definitely makes sense for Liverpool.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I absolutely agree with you. I think that Saliba is 90% re-signed with Arsenal. It's just the only place (if they manage to fluke CL) that would be plausible from the club side, if not the player's. They built off a hugely expensive lock-down CB who is now fading. So I can see them trying it again. PSG, Bayern, and whoever in Italy aren't going to pay, for different reasons, what we'd charge. And we have enough financial clout now to not let City raid our key pieces like they did 10-15 years ago. Gotta be a weird contract negotiation for Saliba's agents--where is his threat to go elsewhere? Liverpool was my only guess, because even if Liverpool doesn't make sense for Saliba, Saliba definitely makes sense for Liverpool.
Personally I think his agent and him have probably said, we are interested in resigning but we want to see where the club finishes at the end of the season.

I've said it before but why would they sign before when we had a chance of winning the league. They could have used becoming champions to ask for even more money. That isn't the case now so I'm sure things will start to move along in the next 3 to 4 weeks as we know where we stand.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Personally I think his agent and him have probably said, we are interested in resigning but we want to see where the club finishes at the end of the season.

I've said it before but why would they sign before when we had a chance of winning the league. They could have used becoming champions to ask for even more money. That isn't the case now so I'm sure things will start to move along in the next 3 to 4 weeks as we know where we stand.
I think his reps will consider our loss of form post his injury as more leverage.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m must be one of the few in here who don’t care if he stays or go. Plenty of good CBs out there

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom