• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I feel Havertz would be our attacking signing rather than midfield. Just don’t see a way he plays in midfield for us, maybe he’d be competition for the CF/RW spot.
I think he would rotate a lot of positions.

Arteta might want a more sure performing Ødegaard rotation too for an UCL season than Vieira.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You know thinking about it i reckon he could cover Saka on the right as well as Ødegaard.

He naturally likes to drift out to the right and cut in on his left.

No way for £60m-£70m though.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I want him at Arsenal but at the right price. He was badly misused at Chelsea. I'm sure Arteta has summer plans for him. Here is a better player than Edi. With his signing, we can sell Edi this summer. I'm sure a number of teams bid for him

drippin

if they drop 10M more then yeah i'll pay that instead of Maddison or Kudus.
Both are more injury-prone than Havertz.

Havertz is much more diverse in regards to playing positions than Maddison.

This is important for the attacking player that comes. Talked about the same with Xavi Simons, but Havertz is much more experienced.

Just turned 24 years old.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz

Arteta might want a more sure performing Ødegaard rotation too for an UCL season than Vieira.
Yeah let’s give Chelsea the money they need to steal Caicedo. This is why i said we should only look to buy squad level depth on back line or midfield. Jorginho for 12 million is one thing handing Boehly financial space to steal a big target is not a smart move. Plus he just isn’t good enough to start or even as productive as Trossard

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t see any way Havertz could replace Ødegaard for us, he’s just not a midfielder in my eyes.

I’d back Vieira over Havertz to fill in for Ode next season.

drippin

I don’t see any way Havertz could replace Ødegaard for us, he’s just not a midfielder in my eyes.

I’d back Vieira over Havertz to fill in for Ode next season.
Havertz played 32 EPL games as AMF for Chelsea, according to Transfermarkt.

65 games as AMF in Bundesliga for Leverkusen. 15 games as CMF.

He was an AMF for Leverkusen until they didn't have a striker, and shined as a striker for them also, so played more of that for them at the end.

For sure he can play AMF. Having only Vieira as creative midfielder is very risky for an UCL season.

But Havertz can play multiple positions which is good.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Havertz played 32 EPL games as AMF for Chelsea.

He was an AMF for Leverkusen until rhey didn't have a striker, and shined as a striker for them also, so played more of that for them at the end.

For sure he can play AMF.

Need context here. Chelsea often played with a 343 where Havertz played in the front line, which has far less midfield duties than Odegaards role.

Ødegaard gets on the ball constantly, controls the rhythm of our game, receives the ball all over the pitch ect. Havertz is a final third player.

I seem to remember Havertz playing up top in a 2 for leverkausen when they were a 352 team.

Farzad

Havertz played 32 EPL games as AMF for Chelsea, according to Transfermarkt.

He was an AMF for Leverkusen until they didn't have a striker, and shined as a striker for them also, so played more of that for them at the end.

For sure he can play AMF. Having only Vieira as creative midfielder is very risky for an UCL season.

But Havertz can play multiple positions which is good.
You really want to give them a big payday to steal Caicedo?

DuBB

Interesting one...

On the face of it, and my gut reaction a week or so back was "no!"

But with time, I can actually see how this makes sense at the right price.

You have to remember, he'd be coming in as a rotation piece and not as one of our starters. He's not coming in and displacing anyone in our front 3, and he's only a possibility as a left 8.

So, Kai Havertz on form, and hopefully under good and specific coaching is not a bad option at all to have on your bench or giving one of your starters a break during the season.

Would I be happy if he came in and Eddie left? Yes
Would I be happy if he took minutes that Fabio Vieira played? Yes
Would I be happy if he could do a job as a RW and rotated with Saka? Yes

The only downside to him is possibly overpaying, but honestly, and I say this time and again, we have no clue how finances in football work, so what does "overpaying" really mean?

Farzad

Interesting one...

On the face of it, and my gut reaction a week or so back was "no!"

But with time, I can actually see how this makes sense at the right price.

You have to remember, he'd be coming in as a rotation piece and not as one of our starters. He's not coming in and displacing anyone in our front 3, and he's only a possibility as a left 8.

So, Kai Havertz on form, and hopefully under good and specific coaching is not a bad option at all to have on your bench or giving one of your starters a break during the season.

Would I be happy if he came in and Eddie left? Yes
Would I be happy if he took minutes that Fabio Vieira played? Yes
Would I be happy if he could do a job as a RW and rotated with Saka? Yes
Would you be happy if Boehly used this money to steal Caicedo because that is what they are plotting?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You know thinking about it i reckon he could cover Saka on the right as well as Ødegaard.

He naturally likes to drift out to the right and cut in on his left.

No way for £60m-£70m though.
The “now that I think about it” I love when we linked with a player no one wants everyone say nooo, after a while people start to think maybe if we could do this and that with him

The guy is trash and has terrible goalscoring record. 19 league goals in 91 league appearances and some of those goals are penalties. There are strikers in the championship who would have scored far more for Chelsea

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Would you be happy if Boehly used this money to steal Caicedo because that is what they are plotting?

I am in two minds about this. I want Caicedo, but only because I really like him and think he has big potential. But, do we need him this season? Probably not, not with Partey and Jorginho still here, probably Elneny too.

Do we need a player like Havertz who can come in for Jesus and Ødegaard? Yes, I think we do, I’m not comfortable with Vieira or ESR in Odegaards role.

Maybe go for Havertz this summer, and then next summer move to replace Partey/Jorginho with Zubimendi, or who knows, maybe even De Jong/Tchouameni/Valverde depending on what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom