• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What kind of boxes are we talking about here? Bottom 10th percentile conversion rate..?

I didn’t say we shouldn’t get him. I did say I like Havertz, he’s a very talented and imo intelligent player. On the face of it he’d suit our style very well. But there are big risks with a signing like this. At the reported price it comes with high pressure to perform. Given his performances for Chelsea, the club is betting on there being something more there that hasn’t materialized. And reports say Arteta is pushing for this player. Then you have to say that Arteta is directly or indirectly saying “bring me this player, I will make him look better and in a way that improves our team” (whether that’s due to tactics, position, coaching, etc).

So Havertz impact in this team is Arteta’s risk to bear. And on the flip side, if he does perform Mikel should be lauded for his ability to recognize and transform the player.

And to answer your question. I’d rather risk giving Gündogan an over the top contract than sign Havertz at reported fee and wages. I’d also rather pay 65m for Paqueta then get Havertz for 55m
I have explained all the qualities Havertz has, in this thread. I also showed comparison of Havertz npxG and np goals from last year compared to Leverkusen and first Chelsea years. Chelsea was a mess, affecting the mind, and there was likely too much pressure to score for him.

They can be searched if interested. Some are Ødegaard, Saka & Jesus quality rotation, especially Ødegaard. Arsenal imo needs also some quality rotation for Saka, which Jesus can provide if there is another quality option for false 9. Big amount of experience for a young very potential player, including EPL and UCL. Good for long balls which is lacking for Arsenal, losing possession. And so on. I see it very clearly why Arteta wants this certain player, as he ticks almost all the boxes.

Gundogan turns 33 years old in 4 months. Why doesn't City give him a huge contract? I surely want him, but not for silly money, because that kind of age brings risks and he has been injury-prone earlier in his career. And I expect him to choose City or Barcelona over Arsenal at this point. Gundogan also is more of a LCM, so it's not exactly the same positions for these players in my view.

Fulham reportedly asks 70-90 million pounds for Palhinha, who has 4 years in contract. Paqueta has 4+1 years in contract. What makes you think Paqueta would cost 65 million pounds? He 100% certainly would not, not even close. He would cost silly money.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not too bothered about this
club seem determined to get him so i give them a chance its big risk tho.

If he get back to his Bundesliga days we won if not then this L nothing in between here

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm curious what he will do here, how he'll fit in tactically and what Arteta can get out of him. It's an interesting left field signing.

But for £65m ( which i think is significantly overpriced) he's going to have to hit the ground running or fans will turn on him pretty quickly I fear. There will be pressure on him no doubt.

Knowing us we'll have signed the only German who lacks mental strength :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Interesting stat. I knew he ghosts into the box a lot but I didn’t know it was this good. Just needs to work on his finishing.

An Aaron Ramsey 13/14 would be perfect in this side tbf.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Not too bothered about this
club seem determined to get him so i give them a chance its big risk tho.

If he get back to his Bundesliga days we won if not then this L nothing in between here

You dismissed him 2 weeks ago. Stop pretend that you think this is a good signing.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hilarious stat, I can't wait to see the Arteta twitter threadors 🧵👇 write novels about this.

This will be the new thing just like Gabriel Jesus’ off the ball work but overlooking the fact that he can’t finish his dinner.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Im kinda interested to see where we put him thr only questions is the massive fee here I'd be more excited if he cost us less and save us more money.

Can't do nothing just support this guy and hope he success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom